Thursday, March 24, 2016

Blog Tour + Interview: Siren's Song by Mary Weber


SIREN'S SONG


SIREN'S SONG
by Mary Weber
(The Storm Siren Trilogy #3)
Published: March 1st, 2016
Genre: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal
Publisher: Thomas Nelson / HarperCollins

Nym and Draewulf prepare to face off in a battle destined to destroy more lives than it saves.

With the loss of Tulla still fresh in mind, Rasha’s fate unknown, and Lord Myles taken over by the dark ability, Nym and the few Bron soldiers rush to warn Cashlin’s queen. Only to discover it may already be too late for the monarch and her eerie kingdom. As the Luminescents are sifting through Nym’s past memories and the queen is reading into her future, Nym is given a choice of how to defeat Draewulf, but the cost may be more than she can bear. And even then there are no guarantees.

With that reality burrowing into her bones—along with the guilt of the lives she will sacrifice—Nym returns to her homeland of Faelen to raise an army of peasants through promises of freedom. But when the few friends she has left, along with the world and citizens she loves, are staring down the face of a monster and his undead army, will Nym summon every element her blood is capable of controlling . . . or surrender to a different strength—one of sacrifice?

Because in the end, death may be more merciful for them all.

 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg






Hi Mary, I'm thrilled to have you here today at Addicted Readers! :)

Hi!!!


1.) Can you tell us where the inspiration came from for the STORM SIREN Trilogy, and do you think the finished copy turned out to be what you planned on, or did it change from what you initially mapped out for it?

So I have a massive love of history (Joan of Arc and St. Patrick particularly) and a bit of an obsession with all things comic book, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Lord of the Rings. So…yeah. J

As far as the story changing – I’d originally toyed with the idea of each book following a different female (Nym, Rasha, then Isobel), but my publisher and I felt it was ultimately Nym’s story. So I’d not actually plotted beyond book 1, and after that beyond book 2, until I arrived at book 3 – which nicely resulted in giving me a lot of freedom for the story.

(And incidentally, this is how I plot –> in my car while driving. And then hope I remember it all by the time I get home. ;0))




2.) What was the most challenging, and the most enjoyable aspect of writing SIREN’S SONG, and why?

Oh gosh, I think the most challenging was definitely the plot for book 3. I got three chapters in and felt stuck. Like it just wouldn’t push forward. Finally I started at the end of the book, which I’ve never done (I always like being surprised with everyone else by how it’ll end), and wrote backwards. As far as the most enjoyable aspect, I’d say it was getting to spend intimate moments with each of the characters and explore how their stories should wrap up. <3 p="">

3.) Do you free write by writing whatever comes to mind, or do you map and plot everything out before you sit down to write?
<3 p="">
<3 p="">I actually do a combination of both. Once I start in on a book, I have the chapters and plot generally laid out, but I free write the rest of it to discover where a scene or character wants to go.
<3 p="">
<3 p="">
<3 p="">4.) Can you tell us five random things about you?

*laughs* Oh man. Um…

1. I get terrible motion sickness. (Like, I get sick in a rocking chair, ahem.)

2. I’ve known my husband since I was 3 months old (but thought he was a gross boy until high school).
<3 p="">
<3 p="">This is us:

<3 p="">
3. I’m one of six kids (the favorite obviously).

4. The last movie I saw in the theater was Pride & Prejudice & Zombies (excellent).

5. My husband would tell you I am ill-equipped to deal with rush-hour traffic and life when I’m hangry (hungry+angry).


5.) If you could describe SIREN’S SONG in 15 words or less, what would they be?

All-hulls-hits-the-fan, Nym’s-past-is-exposed, the-shapeshifter-is-insane, mass-of-wraith-zombies, epic-war, smoke, loss, sweet-Kel, more-loss, powers-beyond-imagining, Eogan’s-too-sexy-for-his-shirt.


6.) Who was your most favorite character in SIREN’S SONG, and why?

Kel. Absolutely. His sweet little innocent soul has seen so much horror, and yet, he still believes in goodness. After him, I’d choose Lord Myles. J



Mary, thank you so much for stopping by today, and I'm soooo excited to see what you come up with next!! :)

Thank YOU for hosting me!!!!! <3 p="">


A LITTLE GAME OF MY FAVES:


- Favorite food?
<3 p="">
<3 p="">Sushi. Followed by burritos, cheetos, and cereal. Also? Beignets with my mama. ;0)



- Favorite vacationing place?

Wherever my husband and kids are. (Also, Bath, England is pretty fantastic.)

- Favorite writing place?

My bed with all my comforters and quiet.

- Favorite book?

Because it changes quite frequently, I’ll stick with the Harry Potter series.

- Favorite author?

I’ll have to go with my friends Jay Asher and Marissa Meyer – some of the absolute loveliest (and funniest) people I know.

<3 p="">
- Favorite weekend thing?
<3 p="">
<3 p="">Family, friends, bbq, bonfire and laughter beneath our hanging lights out back. <3 p="">
<3 p=""><3 p="">
- Favorite TV Show?
<3 p=""><3 p="">
<3 p=""><3 p="">Ack, my FAVORITE?!! *side-eyes you* Um, okay let’s see…probably Avatar: The Last Airbender. Followed by Sherlock and The Walking Dead.

- Favorite hobby?
<3 p=""><3 p="">
<3 p=""><3 p="">Eating.

- Favorite book you wrote?
<3 p=""><3 p="">
<3 p=""><3 p="">*laughs* Oh man, that’s like choosing your favorite kid…


 

Follow the Siren's Song by Mary Weber Blog Tour and don't miss anything! Click on the banner to see the tour schedule.



Mary Weber is a ridiculously uncoordinated girl plotting to take over make-believe worlds through books, handstands, and imaginary throwing knives. In her spare time, she feeds unicorns, sings 80’s hairband songs to her three muggle children, and ogles her husband who looks strikingly like Wolverine. They live in California, which is perfect for stalking L.A. bands, Joss Whedon, and the ocean. Her debut YA fantasy novel, STORM SIREN and SIREN'S FURY are available now in bookstores and online, and SIREN'S SONG will be out March 2016 from TN HarperCollins.





2 comments:

  1. Great cover! I love the interview too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview! Love these striking covers!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)