Tuesday, September 1, 2015

ARC Review & Book Trailer: Reawakened by Colleen Houck




















Reawakened


Reawakened (Reawakened, #1)
REAWAKENED
Colleen Houck
(The Reawakened #1)
Published: August 11th, 2015
Genres: YA, Mythology, Fantasy


When seventeen-year-old Lilliana Young enters the Metropolitan Museum of Art one morning during spring break, the last thing she expects to find is a live Egyptian prince with godlike powers, who has been reawakened after a thousand years of mummification.

And she really can't imagine being chosen to aid him in an epic quest that will lead them across the globe to find his brothers and complete a grand ceremony that will save mankind.

But fate has taken hold of Lily, and she, along with her sun prince, Amon, must travel to the Valley of the Kings, raise his brothers, and stop an evil, shape-shifting god named Seth from taking over the world.

From New York Times bestselling author Colleen Houck comes an epic adventure about two star-crossed teens who must battle mythical forces and ancient curses on a journey with more twists and turns than the Nile itself.








NOTE: I received a physical ARC from Delacorte Press (Random House) for reviewing purposes! All opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced in any way!



Colleen Houck
New York Times Bestselling Author Colleen Houck is a lifelong reader whose literary interests include action, adventure, science fiction, and romance. Formerly a student at the University of Arizona, she worked as a nationally certified American Sign Language interpreter for seventeen years before switching careers to become an author. Colleen lives in Salem, Oregon, with her husband and a huge assortment of plush tigers.




11 comments:

  1. I have also began reading this one! I didn't like her debut series much (had an issue with insta-love and love triangles) but I like this one so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks so much for the review! Very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great review! It almost makes me want to try reading it again, I just DNFd it today. The main character was annoying but I might have to try it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ive been meaning to read this and just never received a chance.Its an issue that Im extremely interested in, I just started reading and Im glad I did. Cognimaxx XL Youre a good blogger, one of the best that Ive seen. This blog certainly has some info on topic that I just wasnt aware of. Thanks for bringing this things to light.http://www.healthcaresups.com/cognimaxx-xl/


    ReplyDelete
  5. This is exactally how i felt about this book too! It was such a surprise! After reading it i'm interested in trying her other books too! I wanted more romance too, though i think thats mostly because i really liked the main characters and im not sure any amount of romance would be enough. Excited for book 2!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My library just got a copy of this one. I need to go tomorrow and bring it home! I have been looking forward to it for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review...I, like you, would be a little apprehensive about it, but it sounds like it turned out pretty well...for the most part!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review...I, like you, would be a little apprehensive about it, but it sounds like it turned out pretty well...for the most part!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think my trouble with her other books was also slow pace but I also still enjoy it, glad to hear Colleen did it again for you. I stop reading after book 2 since the other series didn't come out and I was just wipe out with the love triangle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love learning about other cultures in story lines that make them anything but boring facts. It was fast paced, action moving, and intense book that I was sad to see the end. I saw the next one is out and will be on my kindle for a long time to come.

    Penelope
    RentKids

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)