Friday, July 3, 2015

The Vanishing Girl by Laura Thalassa Review






The Vanishing Girl #1



THE VANISHING GIRL

(The Vanishing Girl #1)
Published: March 15th, 2014
Genres: NA, Fantasy, Paranormal


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18631388-the-key
Every night after Ember Pierce falls asleep, she disappears. She can teleport anywhere in the world—London, Paris, her crush’s bedroom—wherever her dreams lead her. Ten minutes is all she gets, and once time’s up, she returns to her bed. It's a secret she’s successfully kept for the last five years. But now someone knows.

A week after her eighteenth birthday, when frustratingly handsome Caden Hawthorne captures her, delivers her to the government, and then disappears before her eyes, Ember realizes two things: One, she is not alone. And two, people like her—teleporters—are being used as weapons.

Dragged off to a remote facility where others like her live, Ember’s forced to pair up with her former captor, Caden, to learn how to survive inside until she can escape. Only Caden’s making escape seem less and less appealing.

But even as Ember falls for the boy who got her into this mess, she knows that she is running out of time. Because the government has plans for those like her, and those plans might just cost Ember her life.


CHECK OUT THE COMPLETE SERIES HERE:


    






4.5 BONE HEARTS





7 comments:

  1. Wow actually a great post. I like this.I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research Alpha ZXT on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him. Overall, Lots of great information and inspiration, both of which we all need! http://www.musclegainhelp.com/neuro3x/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, it sounds like a very fun story. I'd seen this before, but wasn't quite sure if it would be up my alley. YOu make it sound like I might enjoy it. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read a lot about this one, but it sounds like a good read. I will have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was glad to finally read this bc it was soo good. Great review! Couldnt have said it better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed your review, the book sounds interesting. I thought it might be a bit too much like Jumper but it sounds like there are more fantasy elements. I might wait until the 3rd book is out to read the series though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made this sound GOOD! I added it to my TBR list and was so excited to see it on Kindle Unlimited! Yes! :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!
    What a wonderful and truly enthusiastic review! I'm not sure how old you are, as I am VERY new to your site-- but I want to encourage you to keep on doing what you're doing! Your passion for books and reading is so clear, and shines through in this review. In glancing through your list of reviews as well as browsing through some of the books you've read, I can tell that we have quite different tastes. That said, you have this uncanny ability to "convince" the reader [of your reviews] that a book is worth picking up-- and so effortlessly!
    For a bit of "constructive criticism," if you will, I would have liked to see more of what you DIDN'T like about this book, or how you would have liked a given element to be executed differently. In my opinion, every book contains some kind of "criticize-able" aspect to it, which will of course vary from reader to reader. When I read a review, I'd like to know what you -didn't- like. I think that this would add a bit more depth (not quite the word I'm searching for) to your review(s) as well as lend a bit more of a sense of legitimacy to your review, which is by and large loaded with praise. Pointing out a couple of your perceived flaws and such might lead to a more balanced review, and lead to a something that looks more like a comprehensive review, rather than a synopsis.
    ...**I must add: I really and truly don't mean to be harsh or negative! I LOVE your writing, as well as your tremendous passion for the written word. You've actually done something wonderful for me personally: You've inspired me to pick up a book later today. I have a weird AD(H)D, and I struggle a lot with focus and attention. A big problem that I have is just SELECTING a book to start!
    Awesome job. And, thank you! <3
    --Ann

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)