Friday, July 31, 2015

ARC Review: The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson









The Heart of


Betrayal #2



Reading Now...
THE HEART OF BETRAYAL
Mary E. Pearson
(The Remnant Chronicles #2)
Published: July 7th, 2015
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy


Intrigue abounds in this hotly anticipated sequel to The Kiss of Deception!

Held captive in the barbarian kingdom of Venda, Lia and Rafe have little chance of escape. Desperate to save her life, Lia's erstwhile assassin, Kaden, has told the Vendan Komizar that she has the gift, and the Komizar's interest in Lia is greater than anyone could have foreseen.

Meanwhile, nothing is straightforward: there's Rafe, who lied to Lia, but has sacrificed his freedom to protect her; Kaden, who meant to assassinate her but has now saved her life; and the Vendans, whom Lia always believed to be barbarians. Now that she lives amongst them, however, she realizes that may be far from the truth. Wrestling with her upbringing, her gift, and her sense of self, Lia must make powerful choices that will affect her country... and her own destiny.

{AMAZON} {BARNES & NOBLE}





 DON'T MISS THE REST OF THE SERIES:


The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1) The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)









4.5 BONE HEARTS




Mary E. PearsonMary E. Pearson is the award-winning author of The Jenna Fox Chronicles, The Miles Between, A Room on Lorelei, and Scribbler of Dreams. She writes full-time from her home office in California where she lives with her husband and two golden retrievers.

9 comments:

  1. Great review. I want to read this book so bad; I hate the cliff hanger I was left on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't started this series yet, but I want to so bad! Glad to hear that it pretty much lived up to what you'd hoped, even if it still had some of the same issues as the first one for you. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the first book so much when I read it last year and I've been dying to get my hands on the second one since! I have to admit I was a bit apprehensive that it might not be as good, like some sequels of pretty high ranked books, but so far I've been hearing incredible things! I really hope that Pearson won't kill off any of the love interests either. That would just be cruel and unfair! By the way Team Rafe all the way :D

    Great Review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure this is a book I would enjoy (just not my genre) but I can see why it would be popular for others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you broke this down by each of the characters. Great review with great detail, as always! Another for me to add to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i read the first one in the beggining of this year, i had picked up the book from the library so now i need a physical copy of it.. i cant wait to read the sequel. great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review...I really want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review. I haven't read this series, I'll add this to my TBR.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)