Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #107: Into the Dim by Janet Taylor


Waiting On Wednesday
is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!



Hey Guys,
I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far?
This weeks WoW is book that I'm really curios about and so excited to read! Just check out the EPIC cover and see what I'm talking about! Anyways, check out this weeks WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!



Into the Dim




INTO THE DIM

Published: 2016
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Historical


“Seventy-two hours, then we have to be back at the clearing. Sunrise on the third day.”

Being “the home-schooled girl” in a small town, Hope Walton’s crippling phobias and photographic memory don’t endear her to her dad's perfectly blond, very Southern family. When her mother is killed in a natural disaster thousands of miles from home, Hope’s secluded world implodes. After being shipped off to an aunt she's never met, Hope learns there's more to her mother's "death" than she ever dreamed. At her aunt's manor, high in the Scottish Highlands, Hope begins to unravel the shocking truth about her family. Her mom isn't just a brilliant academic. She’s a member of a secret society of time travelers, and is currently trapped in the twelfth century in the age of King Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitaine. To stage a rescue, the sheltered teen must join the Indiana Jones-wannabe team of time-jumpers, before her mother is lost for good. In a brutal, medieval world, Hope will discover more family secrets, and a mysterious boy who could be vital to setting her mother free…or the very key to Hope’s undoing.

Addictive and rich with historical detail, INTO THE DIM (Coming Spring 2016 from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) is an unlikely heroine's story of adventure, sacrifice, and first love, in a high stakes race against time itself.


I'm not a huge fan of time travel novels. I've read a few and enjoyed them, but it's not my favorite genre. But INTO THE DIM sounds fantastic! I just recently heard of it and I'm so excited to read it in 2016 when it releases! And the cover is breathtakingly beautiful!! It's one 2016 release that I will definitely be reading!!

Does this sound like something you would read?

Let me know in the comment section and I'll come visit YOU! :)




Janet  TaylorJanet Taylor lives in such a small town in Arkansas that if you happen to sneeze when you pass by, you'll totally miss it. (Cause, you know, you can't sneeze with your eyes open. For real--try it--it's impossible)

Her debut novel, INTO THE DIM (coming Spring 2016 from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt) is about a 16 year old girl who travels through time. Like...totally on purpose and stuff.

She's a reader/fan first and a writer second. She lives with her fantastic husband, two hilarious sons, and Dorda the diabetic dog who won't win any beauty contests, but has a "nice personality".


{WEBSITE} {GOODREADS} {TWITTER} {FACEBOOK}


What about you? What are YOU waiting on?

Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!




7 comments:

  1. As much as it pains me to say this, I actually don't think this book would be something I would pick up. Hope you enjoy it when you get it. Happy Reading!
    ~Beth @ Perpetual New Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind a time travel novel, but I think they're quite hard to pull off well. This one looks good though!
    Here's my WoW.

    Claire @ Book Blog Bird

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! Very excited for this one too! Great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look interesting. Great pick.

    Here's my WOW

    Also don't miss my $30 giveaway to Amazon here

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks super interesting! I can't wait to read this one either! My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love the cover and I'm not a huge time-travel fan either, but this one sounds really, really good. I just added it to my tbr. Thanks for sharing, Alicia!

    Tressa @ Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds so good! I'm a huge fan of time travel so I will have to add this one to my TBR.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)