Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Teaser Tuesday #100: Daughter Of Deep Silence by Carrie Ryan



Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by A Daily Rhythm, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?

Then do the following:

Grab your current read. Open to a random page

Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!

Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser!



Hey Guys,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend?
Mine was great spending it with my family and getting some down time to prepare blog post and read!! Anyways, check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section and be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you.



Here's My #101th Teaser Tuesday From DAUGHTER OF DEEP SILENCE!




Daughter Of Deep


Silence



DAUGHTER OF DEEP SILENCE
Carrie Ryan
Published: May 26th, 2015
Genres: YA, Mystery, Thriller


I’m the daughter of murdered parents.
 
I’m the friend of a dead girl.

 
I’m the lover of my enemy.

 
And I WILL have my revenge.

In the wake of the devastating destruction of the luxury yacht Persephone, just three souls remain to tell its story—and two of them are lying. Only Frances Mace knows the terrifying truth, and she’ll stop at nothing to avenge the murders of everyone she held dear. Even if it means taking down the boy she loves and possibly losing herself in the process.

Sharp and incisive, Daughter of Deep Silence by bestselling author Carrie Ryan is a deliciously smart revenge thriller that examines perceptions of identity, love, and the lengths to which one girl is willing to go when she thinks she has nothing to lose.
And in that moment, staring at myself, despising myself, wishing myself dead, one word began glowing in the back of my mind. The only brightness in the black I’d plunge myself into.

Truth.

Another, darker word followed quickly after.

Revenge.“




“It’s funny, most people think that revenge is a passionate affair, driven by rage and pain. But it can’t be. Feelings such as these make you weak. They overwrite thought and cause reckless impulses that lead to poor decisions.

If anything, revenge is the absence of emotion. It’s pure, calculated thought stripped bare of entangling emotions. It’s cold, deliberate action.”


Whatcha think of this weeks teasers? 

Does it sound like something you'd be interested in?



Carrie RyanCarrie Ryan is the New York Times bestselling author of the critically acclaimed Forest of Hands and Teeth series and Infinity Ring: Divide and Conquer. Currently she’s working on a four book middle grade fantasy adventure series co-written with her husband, John Parke Davis, the first book of which, The Map to Everywhere, will be out November 4, 2014. Her next YA is a romantic thriller titled Daughter of Deep Silence which will be out summer 2015.

A former litigator, Carrie now writes full time and lives with her husband, two ornery cats and one gullible dog in Charlotte, North Carolina. You can find her online at www.carrieryan.com or @Carrie
Ryan.
 



Do you have a Teaser Tuesday?

If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo.



5 comments:

  1. OOh nice teasers! Keep debating about this one! Hope you're enjoying it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both sound so good!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2015/06/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got me interested with those teasers. I've always wondered about this author's books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these teasers!

    Mine: https://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2015/06/02/teaser-tuesday-the-disappeared/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have got to read this book. I'm seeing it everywhere and getting little tastes of it. I need the full bite. LOL

    My T - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/06/02/teaser-tuesdays-117-dont-try-to-find-me-2/

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)