Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Wondrous And The Wicked by Page Morgan ARC Review





The Wondrous 

And the Wicked #3


 


THE WONDROUS AND THE WICKED
Page Morgan
(The Dispossessed #3)
Published: April 14th, 2015
Genres: YA, Gothic, Paranormal

For fans of Lauren Kate's Fallen series comes the exciting conclusion to the trilogy that includes The Beautiful and the Cursed and The Lovely and the Lost. The Waverly sisters must save themselves before all is lost.

Since the Waverlys arrived in Paris, the streets have grown more fearsome by the day. As Ingrid learns to master her lectrux gift, she must watch Axia's power grow strong enough to extend beyond her Underneath hive. By all indications, the fallen angel's Harvest is near-and the timing couldn't be worse.

Targeted by vengeful gargoyles, Gabby has been exiled to London for her own protection. Meanwhile, the gargoyle castes are in disarray, divided between those who want Luc to lead them and those who resent him and his fondness for humans. The Alliance is crumbling from the inside as well, its members turning against one another, and possibly against the Waverlys, too.

Axia has promised that the world will burn. And now, unable to trust the Alliance, separated from Luc, Gabby, and her twin, Grayson, Ingrid is left to face the demon uprising alone.
{AMAZON} {BARNES & NOBLE} {THE BOOK DEPOSITORY} {AUDIBLE}

CHECK OUT MY REVIEWS OF BOOK ONE HERE, AND BOOK TWO HERE!!



SEE HOW IT ALL STARTED HERE!!


https://www.goodreads.com/series/88273-the-dispossessed





A spellbinding, nail-biting, heart-pounding, adventure, through the sparkling world of Paris, where darkness dwells, and monster lie with a vengeance, waiting to destroy all who threaten their position to rise above the underneath and conquer and rule all of Paris. THE WONDROUS AND THE WICKED was wickedly wonderful...

THE WONDROUS AND THE WICKED was just the ending my heart needed. I fell hard for this series and characters. I couldn't help but binge read it after reading the first book and loving it to death. I loved the Paris setting, the strong paranormal aspects, the fierce character development, the struggles and hardships they all endured, the betrayals and loyalties that were formed and tested, you can pretty much say I loved it ALL!!! I can't think of one thing I did not like about this book! Well, I'm lying, there was one little issue that bothered me, but I'll talk about that later. But it really was a small thing compared to how much I loved this book.

The world setting was again thrilling and adventurous as the first two times around. But this time it was even more suspenseful and heart-pounding because I knew it was all coming to an end, and that shit was about to hit the fan. And hit the fan it did. Though even with all the action and adventure it still had a slower pace then I would of liked. But it didn't matter because I didn't find a single moment where I was bored or wanted to skip over any parts. I enjoyed everything that happened, and am so sad to see it all come to an end.

Only issue I did have with THE WONDROUS AND THE WICKED was the closure of the novel. It was kinda left open to imagination of what the future holds for them all. And really I didn't like that. I wanted at least an epilogue or a descriptive glimpse of what their world is like after all is said and done. I mean Morgan did wrap the main plot up nicely, but since this was the last book, I would of like a look at this world and the characters maybe a year or even 5 years later. But we didn't get it, and I'm just whinnying because I really want more from this world. But if you read this series and loved it as much as I did, you wouldn't blame me one bit. I just want MOREEEEEEE!!!! ;)

THE PLOT

~ INGRID ~

Since arriving in Paris with her family, Ingrid's world has been ripped out from under her and changed drastically. Her life went from gossiping ballroom parities, to yielding electricity pulsing at her finger tips. A big change from what she's use too. But now that's the least of her worries.

Having been awoken to the reality of the underneath and the darkness flooding the streets of Paris, and the angel/demon blood pulsing through her veins, Ingrid has quickly learned that everyday is a battle to survive. And now separated from the people she loves, Ingrid is more alone and unprepared for the harvest that Axia, the angel/demon leader is preparing for. And it just so happens that Axia needs her blood to spark the war threatening to engulf all of Pairs. But Ingrid is not going down without a fight...

Besides that, Ingrid is struggling with being separated from the people she loves, but most of all, the boy she grown to love. But he's not even all boy, he's a gargoyle—her gargoyle, and she loves him with every beat of her heart, and every fiber of her soul. But if it was ever revealed just how much she really cares for him, the demon war could be the least of their problems. Because the gargoyles would tear them both to shreds and end their lives before they even blinked. But Ingrid can't find it in her heart to care enough to stop her heart from yearning for him...

~ LUC ~

In all his years of living, gargoyle and human, Luc has never been as torn as he his now. Forced to abandon his home and human charges, Luc is now alone and separated from the only thing that's brought light back into his life. The one thing that truly makes him feel alive again, Ingrid...

Luc knows what it feels to love again, and he's not about to let that go just yet. But with the gargoyles breathing down his neck, some allying themselves with him, pushing him to become elder. While others reject him as their leader, waiting for the opportunity to rip him to shreds. Luc knows it's dangerous territory with Ingrid, and if their relationship was ever revealed, not only would his life would be jeopardy, but Ingrid's too. And that is something Luc cannot, and will not let happen. No matter the sacrifice he will stop at nothing to save the one he loves, and in the process he just may save himself, and the rest of the gargoyles too....

~ GABBY ~

After the incident that sent her running from Paris, the place she now calls home, Gabby is trying to regain some semblance of dignity with the arrogant, and truly snobby nobility in London. A life she once flourished and prospered in, is now a prison weighing her down, and stripping her of her true identity. And the scar running down her face only drawls whispers, stares, and unwanted pity. She's tired of it. So when Gabby gets wind of something big happening in Pairs, she knows it's time to act, time to find a way to defeat Axia once and for all. And with an unlikely new ally, Gabby thinks she may just of found the ultimate weapon they need.

~ GRAYSON ~

After being disowned by his father, Grayson was forced to spill his secrets in front of everyone. Horrified at himself and what he's become, Grayson fled with the intention of distancing himself from his family and the ones he loves, in order to keep them safe from himself. But when Vander Berckk tracks him down and offers him a semblance of hope that he may have a chance at shielding the monster within himself, Grayson can't help but to grab at the opportunity with eagerness. But all the help in the world couldn't prepare Grayson for the darkness and destruction that's about to invade all of Paris...

THE DISPOSSESSED Trilogy has quickly become one of my all time favorite series ever. And too think I almost passed this series up makes me second guess all the other books I passed up. Which I know now would of been a HUGE mistake. What I really liked about this book was that Morgan did a brilliant job at creating one solid world, but with multiple POV's all entangled around each other, yet, have their own plot and own story within the big story. If that makes any sense...lol?!?! And I usually don't like books like this, but Morgan did a superb job at creating a distinct voice for each character and building a separate plot for each one, but intertwining them with the bigger plot!! I LOVED IT!!!

Overall, THE WONDROUS AND THE WICKED was a kick ass conclusion with a thrilling ending that stole my breath away and has me still wanting more from this world. This trilogy ended great even though I thought it could of wrapped up a little nicer, but either way it wasn't enough to defer the love I have for this book and the complete trilogy. I'm definitely eager to see what Morgan comes up with next, because if it's anything like this trilogy, then it'll be truly EPIC!!!!

NOTE: I received a Physical ARC from Delacorte Press for reviewing purposes. All opinions express are my own and are not influenced in any way.
 
4.5 BONE HEARTS



Page Morgan is the author of the young adult Gothic thriller, THE BEAUTIFUL & THE CURSED. She became intrigued by gargoyles when she came across an old, black-and-white photograph of a Notre Dame gargoyle keeping watch over the city of Paris. Right away, she knew she had to tell that gargoyle's story. Page lives in New England with her husband and their three daughters, along with an ancient dog, arrogant cat, and two surprisingly cuddly bearded dragons.

{WEBSITE} {GOODREADS} {TWITTER} {FACEBOOK} {PINTEREST} 



 

3 comments:

  1. This series sound so good! I was looking for a new PNR YA series, this series fit the bill! Thank you for the honest review

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so very much looking forward to this ending. Well, I am sad about it, but looking forward to it at the same time. I haven't read a ton of books about gargoyles, and the ones that I have read, this is definitely the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just installed iStripper, so I can have the sexiest virtual strippers on my desktop.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)