Friday, April 17, 2015

The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson Book Trailer & Review









The Bitter Kingdom #3







 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18196040-the-walled-city
The champion must not waver.

The champion must not fear.


The gate of darkness closes.


Elisa is a fugitive.

Her enemies have stolen the man she loves, and they await her at the gate of darkness. Her country is on the brink of civil war, with her own soldiers ordered to kill her on sight.

Her Royal Majesty, Queen Lucero-Elisa né Riqueza de Vega, bearer of the Godstone, will lead her three loyal companions deep into the enemy's kingdom, a land of ice and snow and brutal magic, to rescue Hector and win back her throne. Her power grows with every step, and the shocking secrets she will uncover on this, her final journey, could change the course of history.

But that is not all. She has a larger destiny. She must become the champion the world has been waiting for.

Even of those who hate her most.
{AMAZON} {BARNES & NOBLE} {AUDIBLE}

















Magically enchanting, and wonderfully addicting, THE BITTER KINGDOM delivers an explosive conclusion that will leave you breathless and yearning for more!!! From it's rich lure of fantasy blend, and it's thickened plot, to it's breathtakingly hypnotic romance, and non-stop action and adventure, and magical background that solidifies this series to it's fullest. THE BITTER KINGDOM was one hell of a finale that I am utterly satisfied with, but drastically needing more...

I am speechless after reading THE BITTER KINGDOM. I feel like my feelings are all jumbled and no words I can form will do it nearly any justice. There are no words to express the full depth and love I have for this book—no series. This series is one of those series that will stay with me for a very long time. And I'm saddened to see it all end, as I still want more from these characters and this world. But either way I still really enjoyed the way this series ended, even though at the same time it felt incomplete. But it doesn't really matter because it was an EPIC journey though it all!!

Like I said above, this book ended great, it was absolutely wonderful. But, I still did feel that their were still too many unanswered questions that were left open at the close of this series. And it kept picking at me long after this book was over. It felt like it wasn't the end of the series and that another book would follow. It just didn't wrap up as good as I hoped it would have. I would of liked to see how some of the side charters ended up after the battle was all said and done. I guess I just wanted more from the epilogue, and to see how things fared after the main plot was played out. BUT nevertheless, it still delivered in more ways then one, and has stole my heart and branded it's world forever in my soul.

The writing was as elegant and suspenseful as ever, and the characters had so much growth and development that it was heart-warming to see the strength they were able to pull from each other through all their struggles. I loved watching them through each book as they went through and endured each obstacles that tested them to their fullest, and were able to find the strength and endurance at each turn to overcome their predicaments and become stronger and more determined then ever!

THE PLOT

Elisa has failed her kingdom, and now she's paying the price for that failure...

Betrayed by supposed allies in her most trusted circle, Elisa is now hunted, a wanted fugitive in her own kingdom. Hiding amongst her own people, trying to blend in and cope with the capture of the captain of her guard and the man she's slowly came to love. Elisa can't possibly imagine it getting anymore complicated, but boy is she wrong. It's about to become a sandstorm of madness...

ELISA HAS 5 GOALS:

1-Free her beloved Hector before he makes to Invierne in enemy hands, and surfers a fate unimaginable. 2-Safely enter the City of Invierne and stop the impending war that's on their way to her kingdoms doorstep. 3-Meet with the neighboring kingdoms Queens, her sister Alodia, and her good friend Cosmé, to forge a health alliance and hopefully join their kingdoms. 4-Stop civil war from tearing her kingdom apart at the hands of the fellow Quorum Lord Eduardo, before it's to late. 5-And finally―finally, restore her kingdom back to it's once glory, or better yet, make it even more remarkable then it ever was.

Simple right? Ooh no, far from it!! Elisa's journey will be horrendous as it takes her all across neighboring kingdoms and back, fighting enemy's and supposed allies at every turn. But Elisa is steadfast on completing her 5 goals before all is lost to them all. She is their Queen, and their born savior, and she will not give up until all is saved, until her kingdom is back in good graces, no matter the sacrifices, she will endure them all...

THE BITTER KINGDOM went above and beyond the limits I expected, and though it didn't end the way I thought, it still rocked this series to the very core and has me eagerly anticipating more from Rae Carson. Because this woman is brilliant, and truly has the special gift of creating magical worlds that not only draws the reader in, but also invest them into her world and wonderfully characters, that satisfies in more ways then one.

Overall, THE BITTER KINGDOM is a thrilling conclusion that is not to be missed. This whole series is wonderful and will go down as one of my favorite series of all time!! If you're looking for an epic adventure though enemy lands, and a battle to save a kingdom with magical elements, and a bitter sweet romance, then THE BITTER KINGDOM and the complete series is definitely for you!!
5 Bone Hearts



Rae Carson is the award-winning author of The Girl of Fire and Thorns Trilogy. She was named a Publishers Weekly Flying Start author for Fall 2011 and was a finalist for the Morris, Cybils, and Andre Norton Awards. Her first novel was named to ALA's Top Ten Best Fiction for Young Adults list.

Rae lives in Ohio with her husband, novelist C.C. Finlay, two stepsons, and two very naughty kitties. She is hard at work on her next trilogy.




3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this series too. Though there were a lot of things that I liked about it, I think what drew me in the most was the gorgeous culture Carson created. I was entranced by the beauty and depth of the culture and wished it were real so I could become best friends with someone who could teach me everything about it. Really great series, I wouldn't be sad if she decided to continue it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read the second book in this series, but I see good things that I can look forward to in the last book. ;) Good review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this trilogy , there were some surprising turns I was not expecting.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)