Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #94: Hunter by Mercedes Lackey




Hunter




24397041

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11235712-cinder?ac=1

HUNTER by is a book that I stumbled upon on goodreads, (My upcoming release hotsopt, with info of all my bookish goodies,) and I knew it was something I had to check out and read. So it was instantly added to my wishlist, and now I sit here in dire desperation of this book, eagerly waiting for it to be released in September, if I can possibly wait that long. . . ;)


Does this sound like something you would read??

Let me know in the comment section and I'll come visit YOU! :)




 
Mercedes LackeyMercedes entered this world on June 24, 1950, in Chicago, had a normal childhood and graduated from Purdue University in 1972. During the late 70's she worked as an artist's model and then went into the computer programming field, ending up with American Airlines in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In addition to her fantasy writing, she has written lyrics for and recorded nearly fifty songs for Firebird Arts & Music, a small recording company specializing in science fiction folk music.

"I'm a storyteller; that's what I see as `my job.' My stories come out of my characters; how those characters would react to the given situation. Maybe that's why I get letters from readers as young as thirteen and as old as sixty-odd. One of the reasons I write song lyrics is because I see songs as a kind of `story pill' -- they reduce a story to the barest essentials or encapsulate a particular crucial moment in time. I frequently will write a lyric when I am attempting to get to the heart of a crucial scene; I find that when I have done so, the scene has become absolutely clear in my mind, and I can write exactly what I wanted to say. Another reason is because of the kind of novels I am writing: that is, fantasy, set in an other-world semi-medieval atmosphere. Music is very important to medieval peoples; bards are the chief newsbringers. When I write the `folk music' of these peoples, I am enriching my whole world, whether I actually use the song in the text or not.
{WEBSITE} {GOODREADS} {TWITTER} {FACEBOOK}

What about you? What are YOU waiting on?

Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!


20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It does sounds really good!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Christine! :)

      Delete
  2. I need this now please! That cover!! And the bio!!! Ek!

    My Waiting on Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, sounds pretty epic, right? I can't wait for it to be in my needy little hands! ;)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  3. OOh nice! That's a new to me one! Don't think I've read this author!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of this author either before seeing this book on goodreads a few weeks ago. But I'm ecstatic for it!! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  4. I have never read any book by Mercedes Lackey, but have always wondered, and this one sounds right up my alley! Just went and added it to my Goodreads TBR! Thanks for sharing it!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you added it to your goodreads TBR pile! I haven't read any of Lackey's books either, but this one sounds fantastic!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Lisa! :)

      Delete
  5. AHHH!! This is the first I'm hearing of this! It sounds amazing! And I love the cover, simple yet badass! AWESOME pick!! I NEED this!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE the cover too!! It totally caught my eye first, then the synopsis completely sold me on it! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Michelle! :)

      Delete
  6. I stumbled on this one not too long ago and it's high on my list as well. Awesome pick!

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, I hope you get to read it soon, and hopefully love it!! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Tressa! :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds interesting. I might give it a try. I hope you enjoy it!

    My WoW: http://onceuntold.blogspot.com/2015/03/waiting-on-wednesday-4-unleashing-call.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound good! I'm really looking forward to it!! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Stina! :)

      Delete
  8. Great pick! I've not heard of this one but it does sound pretty good. Thank you for letting me know about it! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so welcome! I hope you decide to read it and love it as much as I hope too! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Krystianna! :)

      Delete
  9. Oh, damn! How did I not know about a new Mercedes Lackey book? Definitely going to check it out.

    Leeanna.me: WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, don't feel bad, I just heard of this one the othter day too!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Leeanna! :)

      Delete
  10. I still have yet to read anything by Lackey! I've always wanted to though. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Alicia :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of Lackey's books either, but this one sounds fantastic!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Alyssa! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)