Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Teaser Tuesday #92: The Book Of Ivy by Amy Engel



Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by A Daily Rhythm, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?

Then do the following:

Grab your current read. Open to a random page

Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!

Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser!


Hey Guys,

 I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend?
Mine was good. Anyways, check out this weeks  TT and let me know what you think in the comment section and be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you.


Here's My #92nd Teaser Tuesday From
!
 



The Book of Ivy










I am different from all these other girls surrounding me because marrying Bishop Lattimer has not fulfilled my destiny. My mission is not to make him happy and bear his children and be his wife.

My mission is to kill him...


"What are you doing?" he asks, voice low.
"Be quiet." My throat makes a dry, clicking noise as I swallow. "If I don't concentrate, I'll chicken out."
His eyes sparkle with amusement. "I didn't give you a dare yet."

I take a deep breath. "I gave myself one," I say. And then I'm kissing him...


So, What'cha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of ?



Amy Engel was born in Kansas and after a childhood spent bouncing between countries (Iran, Taiwan) and states (Kansas; California; Missouri; Washington, D.C.), she settled in Kansas City, Missouri, where she lives with her husband and two kids. Before devoting herself full-time to motherhood and writing, she was a criminal defense attorney, which is not quite as exciting as it looks on TV. When she has a free moment, she can usually be found reading, running, or shoe shopping. The Book of Ivy is her debut YA novel.
{WEBSITE} {GOODREADS} {TWITTER}



Do you have a Teaser Tuesday?

If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo.



7 comments:

  1. OOOoh great teasers! Was curious about this one and that cover!'

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like dystopian, so I'm adding this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my TBR pile - going to have to move it up a bit. Great teaser.

    My Tease

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love Dystopian fiction and this one sounds super fun. I'm adding it to my TBR list!

    Here's my TT for the week: http://deweygirl.co.uk/2015/03/teaser-tuesday-stardust/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your teaser has a similar feel to my teaser, in that the protagonist refuses to conform with the society around her. Also, the cover art on this teaser is amazing!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds really good! I'm in search of some new dystopian books to add to my TBR so it's good. :)
    How is it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are great teasers and remind me why I want to read this so badly.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/03/17/teaser-tuesdays-106-confess-by-colleen-hoover/

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)