Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Teaser Tuesday #91: The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson


Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by A Daily Rhythm, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?

Then do the following:

Grab your current read. Open to a random page

Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!

Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser!



Hey Guys,

 I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend?
Mine was torturous... My 4 year old son and husband were BOTH sick at the same time. And boy did it feel like someone had a death wish out for me as much as they whined, cried, and boo-who-ed all weekend...lol!! But they're my boys, and I love'em to death. ;) Anyways, check out this weeks awesome TT from a REALLY GOOD book that I am absolutely loving to death!!! Let me know what you think in the comment section and be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you.


Here's My #91st Teaser Tuesday From
THE HEART OF BETRAYAL!

 



The Heart of Betrayal



Reading Now...
THE HEART OF BETRAYAL
Published: July 7th, 2015
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17406847-defy?ac=1
Intrigue abounds in this hotly anticipated sequel to The Kiss of Deception!

Held captive in the barbarian kingdom of Venda, Lia and Rafe have little chance of escape. Desperate to save her life, Lia's erstwhile assassin, Kaden, has told the Vendan Komizar that she has the gift, and the Komizar's interest in Lia is greater than anyone could have foreseen.

Meanwhile, nothing is straightforward: there's Rafe, who lied to Lia, but has sacrificed his freedom to protect her; Kaden, who meant to assassinate her but has now saved her life; and the Vendans, whom Lia always believed to be barbarians. Now that she lives amongst them, however, she realizes that may be far from the truth. Wrestling with her upbringing, her gift, and her sense of self, Lia must make powerful choices that will affect her country... and her own destiny.

{AMAZON} {BARNES & NOBLE}


 





DON'T MISS THE REST OF THE SERIES:


The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1)  The Heart of Betrayal (The Remnant Chronicles, #2)









He had lied. He had manipulated me. To what purpose? What game was he playing? Was he here for me or for Princess Arabella? I pushed away. Looked at him. Swung. The hard slap of my hand on his face rang through the room.

He reached up, rubbing his cheek, turning his head to the side. "I have to admit, that wasn't exactly the greeting I envisioned after all those miles of chasing you across the continent.

Can we go back to the kissing part?"

"You lied to me..."




Whether it was prudent or not, I didn't care—I burned with his touch. "I suppose if we're going to fall in love all over again, kissing will be part of it." I gently brought his face to mine again, avoiding his split lip, and my mouth fluttered across his skin, kissing the crest of his cheekbone, down to his jaw, across to the corner of his mouth. Every taste of him suddenly new.


So, What'cha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of THE HEART OF BETRAYAL?





Mary E. PearsonMary E. Pearson is the award-winning author of The Jenna Fox Chronicles, The Miles Between, A Room on Lorelei, and Scribbler of Dreams. She writes full-time from her home office in California where she lives with her husband and two golden retrievers.


Do you have a Teaser Tuesday?

If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo.


5 comments:

  1. So swoony! Omg I can't wait for this to come out :D thanks for sharing~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet damn! Why did I torment myself with those teasers?! Now the wait til July is going to be killer!

    Great teasers though! ;)

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who doesn't love a good story about betrayal, kissing, and the occasional split lip? Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “WHAT REMAINS”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo this sounds good! Thanks for sharing. Here is my TT http://www.readinggrrl.com/2015/03/teaser-tuesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO, I only read the first teaser cause I don't want to get too spoiled, as I fully intend to read this series... someday. I've heard great things about it. I hope things settle down in your house! Happy reading!

    Here are my Teasers!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)