Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Teaser Tuesday #88: Strange Skies by Kristi Helvig

 
Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?

Then do the following:

Grab your current read. Open to a random page

Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!

Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser!



Hey Guys,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend?
Mine was active with my wonderful family!! But of course, I managed to squeeze in more then a few reading hours! ;) Anyways, check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. Be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you.



Here's My #88th Teaser Tuesday From STRANGE SKIES!


Strange Skies



Strange Skies (Burn Out, #2)
STRANGE SKIES
Kristi Helvig
(Burn Out #2)
Published: April 28th, 2015
Genres: YA,Dystopian, Sci-f

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22608499-strange-skies
Action, adventure, and romance are heating up in this sequel to the futuristic science fiction thriller Burn Out. Perfect for fans of Across the Universe and The Memory of After.

Caelia is the new Earth. That's what the Consulate told everyone and, against all odds, Tora finally has made it there. She can't see the ocean from her cell in the Consulate's containment center, and she doesn't know what happened to the weapons her father died for and she's risked her life to save.

But as she plans her escape, she runs into the last person she ever expected to see-her dad. The Consulate has kept held him prisoner in a complicated plot designed to lure Tora out of hiding. Now Tora has a new purpose: break free, get the guns, and save her father.

But first she'll have to navigate a strange new planet, track down James (whose loyalties still remain questionable), and find Kale…before he finds her first.



"Tora Reynolds, you have violated Consulate Code 5223 by attempting to leave the premises."

"Really? Is there a code for kidnapping and drugging innocent people, 'cause I'm pretty sure you're in violation of that one."



I almost lost my nerve. Don't let him fool you again. I reached the table and threw the contents of the drink in his face.

"That's for trying to kill me . I'd do worse if I had a weapon." I turned to the girl. "Good luck, he's all yours. Oh, and be careful...he likes to shoot girls he supposedly likes."

So, What'cha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of STRANGE SKIES?



Kristi HelvigKristi Helvig is a Ph.D. clinical psychologist turned sci-fi/fantasy author. She muses about Star Trek, space monkeys, and other assorted topics on her blog. Kristi resides in sunny Colorado with her hubby, two kiddos, and behaviorally-challenged dogs.




Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo.

6 comments:

  1. Both teasers made me smile, it sounds like an action packed yet entertaining read.
    My teaser is from Unhinged by A.G. Howard:
    http://welcome-to-zeds-thoughts.blogspot.com/2015/02/teaser-tuesday-10th-feb-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed them. This series is action-packed and totally thrilling!

      Thanks for stopping by, Zed! :)

      Delete
  2. OOOh nice teasers! Totally new to me read but I'm intrigued!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great series! You should check into it!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  3. Great teasers! I'm going to look for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Tease - both are great.

    Here's mine:
    http://awrenfro.com/2015/02/10/teaser-tuesday-the-shining-by-stephen-king-part-2/

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)