Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Rebellion by Stephanie Diaz ARC Review






Rebellion




Reading Now... REBELLION
Stephanie Diaz
(Extraction #2)
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f

Published: February 10th, 2015


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17883441-the-forever-song
The uprising has begun.

It's been seven days since Clementine and Logan, along with their allies, retreated into hiding on the Surface. The rebels may have won one battle against Commander Charlie, but the fight is far from finished. He has vowed to find a way to win—no matter the cost. Do the rebels have what it takes to defeat him...and put an end to this war?

As Clementine and Logan enter a desperate race against time to defeat Commander Charlie—and attempt to weaken his power within his own ranks—they find themselves in a terrifying endgame that pits them against a brutal enemy, and each other. With every step, Clementine draws closer to losing Logan...and losing control of herself.

Continuing with the mesmerizing saga that started with Extraction, Stephanie Diaz blends science fiction, epic romance, and heart-stopping adventure to create a world that no reader will soon forget.


SEE HOW IT ALL STARTED...
Extraction (Extraction, #1) Rebellion (Extraction, #2)
 
Check out my review of book one, EXTRACTION HERE!!



REBELLION was an intensely thrilling, adventure-filled dystopia, that kept me engaged and on my toes until the very last page! It was a wonderful follow up to EXTRACTION, that had terrifying surprises, and a hell of a cliffhanger that will have me on the edge of my seat in anticipation until book three is in my needy little hands!!!

I've been so excited to start REBELLION since reading EXTRACTION last year and REALLY enjoying it, a lot! And REBELLION did not disappoint either. I mean, I did have minor issues with it, which in turn knocked a star off my rating, but nothing too serious to make me not want to continue reading and finishing this series. And I loved the direction that the plot took. I have to admit that I did not see that ending coming. I can't say what of course, ;) but I was literally shocked along side Clem when the truth was finally revealed. And it's always a fun ride when you can be utterly shocked and stunned that you have your mouth hanging open in shock. And that's exactly how Stephanie Diaz left me feeling with that EPIC twist ending!!

But, like I said, I did have minor issues with it. Manly it was just that it felt too slowed pace for my taste. It felt like everything was happening in slow motion, and I just knew something was coming, but it was just taking too long for it to get there. But it wasn't bad enough to make me want to DNFed.

Besides that I can't really think of any other negative issues I had with REBELLION. The characters were far more developed in this second book. We got to meet new characters and of course in any good dystopia, lose some too. But the characters had their stages of development that I really enjoyed. They went through the motions of their struggles and hardships, and had to learn how to work through them. But eventually they were able to overcome them and slow build themselves back up to the strong-determined rebellion that sparked the revolution, and was driven by the rage and desire to end this terrifying world that has brought so much pain and suffering to it's people. They were ready to do anything to see the people who tortured and enslaved them, imprisoned, or better yet, dead...

THE PLOT

THE UPRISING HAS BEGUN...


Clementine has fought and defeated The Commander and his army of mindless soldiers once, and she's determined to defeat him again and end the senseless suffering to the slaves being used and abused under his rule.

Clementine and the love of her life Logan, have teamed up with the rebels and are now taking refuge in a secret facility, lying low until they have enough Intel and numbers to strike the The Commander hard, hard enough to wound and damage whatever insane plan he has in the works. Because if it's anything like the last plan her and Beechy, the leader of the rebellion stopped, then it could mean the end, for everyone...

But Clementine didn't go through hell and back just to allow The Commander and his solders to win and kill off the ones he doesn't need anymore. No, she is prepared to do whatever necessary to defeat him once and for all, even if it means she has to go back to the very place it all started, the work camps, AKA,the death camps...

Amidst all the danger and death that The Commander has planned, Clementine goes undercover as a spy in the work camps, trying to blend in and get the upper hand for the rebels. All while a few of the other rebels do the same; wrecking havoc whenever and wherever they can, trying to add enough chaos and drama to The Commander and his minions insanity. But The Commander wants Clementine extremely bad, and he has everyone on high alert to be on the look out for her hiding amidst the work camps somewhere. And that just makes her job that much harder, until she uncovers the truth behind The Commanders real plans, and that they're even more sinister then she ever thought...

Will Clementine and her group of rebels be able to infiltrate The Commanders organization? Will they be able to uncover all the secrets, plots, and help the ones under the mindless drug that has most people in a compelled state? Will they be able to gain the upper hand and stop all The Commanders vicious plans before it's too late?? But most important, will they be prepared for the coming doom that is destine to come no matter the outcome with The Commander?? You'll have to read and find out for yourselves....;)

Overall, REBELLION was a great second installment that did not disappoint. I've thoroughly enjoyed this series so far, and I'm highly looking forward to finding out the outcome of this epic battle on all sides. Because that ending was absolute TORTURE!!!! I definitely recommend the REBELLION series to fans of dystopia, Sci-f, action and adventure.Either way, it's definitely worth a fair shot.

NOTE: I received a Physical ARC from St. Martin's Griffin for reviewing purposes! All opinions express are my own and are not influenced in any way!



4 Bone Hearts

Stephanie  DiazStephanie Diaz is 21. She grew up in sunny San Diego, wishing for rain. She studied film production in college. When she isn't lost in other worlds, she can be found singing, marveling at the night sky, or fangirling over television shows.

Her work is represented by Alison Fargis of Stonesong. The first book in her debut YA sci-fi EXTRACTION trilogy will be published by St. Martin's Griffin, an imprint of Macmillan, in July 2014.

You can follow Stephanie on twitter: @StephanieEDiaz.




5 comments:

  1. Great review!! I like the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your insight to Rebellion. I am glad that it is one of those books that you think the book is going to end this way but does not in that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just going to have to wait until the final book comes out. I was all kinds of ready to just jump on into this series, until I say that major cliffhanger part. I can't do it to myself. However, when the final book is released, it will be a marathon read of awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool... I really want to read this book. I also love the cover. It's interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool... I really want to read this book. I also love the cover. It's interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)