Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #89: Shadow Study by Maria V. Snyder


Waiting On Wednesday
is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!



Hey Guys,
I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far??

This weeks WoW is from a series that I am reading now and absolutely loving!!! Anyways, check out this weeks WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!!



Shadow Study


 
Shadow Study (Soulfinders, #1) SHADOW STUDY
(Soulfinders #1)
Published: February 24th, 2015
Genres: YA, Paranormal, Fantasy

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16068780-the-jewel
New York Times bestselling author Maria V. Snyder wowed readers with Poison Study, the unforgettable story of poison taster Yelena. Now she's back with a new tale of intrigue.

Once, only her own life hung in the balance.

Oddly enough, when Yelena was a poison taster, her life was simpler. But she'd survived to become a vital part of the balance of power between rival countries Ixia and Sitia. Now she uses her magic to keep the peace in both lands and protect her relationship with Valek.

Suddenly, though, they are beset on all sides by those vying for power through politics and intrigue. Valek's job - and his life - are in danger. As Yelena tries to uncover the scope of these plots, she faces a new challenge: her magic is blocked. She must keep that a secret - or her enemies will discover just how vulnerable she really is - while searching for who or what is responsible for neutralizing her powers.

Yes, the days of tasting poisons were much simpler. And certainly not as dangerous,

"Doing full justice to the plot of this original and entertaining epic fantasy is impossible. Suffice it to say that the action is nonstop. The many characters leap to life, particularly Yelena, whose first-person narrative is riveting."

 
 SEE HOW IT ALL STARTED...
  
Poison Study (Study, #1)  Magic Study (Study, #2) Fire Study (Study, #3) Power Study (Study, #3.5) Ice Study (Study, #3.6) Shadow Study (Soulfinders, #1)



Check out my 5 Star review of book one, POISON STUDY HERE!!


   
I'm reading this series now and I'm absolutely LOVING IT SO FREAKING MUCH!!! I know I tend to say that about all the books "I Really Love" but this time I mean it above all else:

THIS SERIES IS ONE OF THE BEST EVERRRRRR!!!!!

I'm serious!! I love just about every single thing about this series. I know this world was suppose to be over with the end of book three, but the amazing, wonderful Maria V. Snyder has given us a whole new series with the same characters in the same EPIC world. And I couldn't of loved her more for that gift! And February 24th is just not coming fast enough for me. I WILL be done this series and...
 
BE READY FOR THIS BOOK ON FEBRUARY 24th!!!

BRING IT ON!!!!!!!






Does this sound like something you would read?? 

Let me know in the comment section and I'll come visit YOU! :)

My PhotoMeteorologist turned novelist, Maria's been writing fantasy and science fiction since she was bored at work and needed something creative to do. A dozen novels and numerous short stories later, Maria's learned a thing or three about writing. She’s been on the New York Times bestseller list, won a half-dozen awards, and has earned her MA degree in Writing from Seton Hill University where she's been happily sharing her knowledge with the current crop of MFA students. She also enjoys creating new worlds where horses and swords rule, 'cause let's face it, they're cool, although she's been known to trap her poor characters in a giant metal cube and let them figure out how to get out. Readers are welcome to check out her website for book excerpts, free short stories, maps, blog, and her schedule at http://www.MariaVSnyder.com.
 

What about you? What are YOU waiting on?

Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!
 

17 comments:

  1. VERY NICE! This one was incredible! I'll know you'll love it too!!

    And ooohhh, be sure to check out my final giveaway today on my blog! It's a real treat! ;)

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seen you read it already on goodreads, I'm so glad you love it!! !! I just requested it. I'll keep my fingers crossed!! ;)

      And Oohhhh WOW, AWESOME GIVEAWAY!!! I'll be sure and enter for the BEAUTIFUL hardback of MAGIC STUDY (Which I'm actually reading now and LOVING ;)

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  2. I've seen this and want it. But I have to start at the beginning to enjoy the entire series and beyond.

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSS, you NEED to read this series, you'll LOVE IT!! But like you said, be sure and start at the very beginning so you can get the full extent of it's awesomeness!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Marsha! :)

      Delete
  3. Loving the list. This author is pretty popular. :D
    I also loved how you put your list this week.

    Hope you can check out My waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This author is one of my new favorite authors EVER!!! She is a mastermind!!! I really hope you decide to check this seris out, I'm sure you'll love it, Christine!! :)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  4. Lots of people waiting on this. I've got to get around to reading this author soon!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really should, Lisa! Her books are gold!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Lisa! :)

      Delete
  5. I can't wait either! I've loved every book I've read by Maria V Snyder! I know she won't disappoint~ Yelena and Valek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria V. Snyder is BRILLIANT!!! I can't put her books down without hurting!! SIGH, I just wish I could read her books all day and forget about life...lol!! What a PERFECT DREAM... ;)

      Thanks for stopping by, Eileen! :)

      Delete
  6. I've got this on my wishlist too! :D

    Angie @ Pinkindle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think EVERYONE has this on their wishlist!! How could anyone not if they've read Maria's books! Their just that great :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Angie! :)

      Delete
  7. Haha, I'm glad you're loving it! I'm such a fan of hers, and I REALLY hope we get to see more Ari and Janco in this new series. Also, the Study books aren't the only ones set in this world. Snyder's "Glass" series: Storm Glass, Sea Glass, Spy Glass, is also set in this same world, but with a different main character than Yelena. I hope you get to check them all out, and happy reading!!

    Here's my WoW for the week: Vision in Silver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thrilled you loved this series too!! I don't think I've talked to anyone who read this series that didn't like it.

      And YES, I really hope we get more of Ari and Janco in this one too! They're great additions to this series.

      And I already bought the STORM GLASS. I can't wait to explore this same world, but through fresh eyes!! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Kerry! :) And I hope you love this book as much as I'm sure I WILL! :)

      Delete
  8. I've seen this one around. I have yet to read this author even though she has been on my TBR wishlist for a while now. Hopefully this year.

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW. Hope you're having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started this series and can't put it down for nothing!! Maria V. Snyder is addicting... I hope you decide to start at book one and explore this magical world in the STUDY SERIES!!! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Marilyn! :)

      Delete
  9. I honestly have not read anything by Snyder. I am curious about her fantasy though. I hope you enjoy this book when you read it, Alicia!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)