Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday #86: The Rose Society by Marie Lu

 

Waiting On Wednesday
is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!



Hey Guys,
I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far??

This weeks WoW is a book that I am HIGHLY anticipating, and would do just about anything to get my hands on it!! Anyways, check out this weeks WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!!




The Rose Society
 
 


The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2)
Published: October 6th, 2015
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Fantasy

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11235712-cinder?ac=1
Once upon a time, a girl had a father, a prince, a society of friends. Then they betrayed her, and she destroyed them all.

Adelina Amouteru’s heart has suffered at the hands of both family and friends, turning her down the bitter path of revenge. Now known and feared as the White Wolf, she and her sister flee Kenettra to find other Young Elites in the hopes of building her own army of allies. Her goal: to strike down the Inquisition Axis, the white-cloaked soldiers that murdered her love, the Crown Prince Enzo Valenciano.

But Adelina is no heroine. Her powers, fed only by fear and hate, have started to grow beyond her control. She does not trust her newfound Elite friends. Teren Santoro, leader of the Inquisition, wants her dead. And her former friends, Raffaele and the Dagger Society, want to stop her thirst for vengeance. Adelina struggles to cling to the good within her. But how can someone be good, when her very existence depends on darkness?


Check out my Review of book one, THE YOUNG ELITES HERE!!



 
I absolutely LOVED the first book, THE YOUNG ELITES!!! It was dark and gritty, and got down and dirty, and I LOVED IT!!! I have to admit though that that ending KILLED ME!!! It was truly a shocker that I did not see coming, and I was even a little pissed at first. Then I came to see how it could play into the plot and make it so much better for the next book—this book, and how it could all turn around to the way I hoped!!

But THE ROSE SOCIETY is positivity one of the books that I HAVE TO READ when it releases later this year!!! I NEED ITTT!!!!!




 

Marie Lu was born in China in 1984 (perhaps a sign of dystopian stories to come), and moved from Beijing to Baton Rouge, Louisiana in the same year the Tiananmen Square massacre happened. Eventually she and her parents settled down in Sugar Land, Texas—which she still considers her hometown.

She finished her first novel when she was 15 years old, but it took her second manuscript to acquire a literary agent. When that one didn’t sell either, she went off to college in Los Angeles and wrote two more manuscripts. Although those still didn’t sell, one of them did get her the amazing literary agent Kristin Nelson, who sold her fifth manuscript, the dystopian young adult novel LEGEND, to Putnam Children’s/Penguin USA at auction in a major deal. LEGEND will be coming out on November 29, 2011 as Putnam Children’s and Penguin Young Readers Group’s lead title. LEGEND is Marie’s debut novel.

Marie graduated in 2006 from USC and currently resides in Los Angeles, where she spends her time stuck in traffic.
 



What about you? What are YOU waiting on?

Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!

 


4 comments:

  1. I have never read a Marie Lu book :-( I need to get on that!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE! I was wondering what the sequel would be called! Can't wait!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for this one to come out to read The Young Elites!

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty excited about this one as well! The Young Elites was sooo good, but the ending soooo torturous D: I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Have a fabulous rest-of-the week :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)