Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Teaser Tuesday #85: An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir


Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?

Then do the following:

Grab your current read. Open to a random page

Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!

Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser!


Hey Guys,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend? 

Mine was great!! I was rained in so I spent a lot of it reading, which I didn't mind at all!! :) Anyways, check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. Be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you.




Here's My #85th Teaser Tuesday From AN EMBER IN THE ASHES
!




An Ember in the Ashes




Reading Now...

An Ember in the Ashes
Sabaa Tahir
Published: April 28th, 2015
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Dystopian

Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.

LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.

ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier— and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.

When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.

Vow your blood and body to the empire.

Keep your heart for yourself.
~ ELIAS ~
Then, in a flash of silver, Helene's holding one knife to Marcus's neck and the other to his groin.
"Let go of my hair," she says. "Or I'll relieve you of your manhood."




I nod jerkily and realize that his eyes are not blue or green but a deep chestnut brown. You're noticing his eyes, Laia. Which means you're staring into them. Which means you need to stop.

So, What'cha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of AN EMBER IN THE ASHES?




  

SabaaT3Sabaa Tahir grew up in California’s Mojave Desert at her family’s 18-room motel. There, she spent her time devouring fantasy novels, raiding her brother’s comic book stash and playing guitar badly. She began writing An Ember in the Ashes while working nights as a newspaper editor. She likes thunderous indie rock, garish socks and all things nerd. Sabaa currently lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her family.
 




Look out for my review of AN EMBER IN THE ASHES coming soon!

Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo.









13 comments:

  1. Haha! Great teasers! Not sure which one made me laugh more! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad they made you crack a smile, Jessica! :)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds intense!

    Mine this week is from a romantic suspense:

    http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-to-catch-a-bad-guy/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extremely intense! But so much fun! I LOVE IT!!

      Thanks for stopping by, PD Workman! :)

      Delete
  3. Love the Teasers and CANNOT wait to read this one! Here is mine... http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2015/01/teaser-tuesday-83-frostfire-by-amanda.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed them! I hope you give this book a shot, because it's sooo amazing!

      Thanks for stopping by, Amber! :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome teasers! Sounds like a great book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great book!! I am just sad that I won't have the next book!

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. Omg, omg, omg. I want to read this book so badly. And now that I've read those two teasers I want to read it desperately!! Sorry, I'm just really excited about this one.

    Awesome teasers! Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no it's fine, I love all the enthusiasm!! I was the same way when it landed in my happy hands too. So I totally understand what you are going through! ;) It is sooooo sooooo good too!! I REALLY hope you love it as much as I do!! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Kat! :)

      Delete
  6. I love both teasers, they have me hooked!

    Here's a link to my TT:
    http://welcome-to-zeds-thoughts.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/teaser-tuesday-20th-jan-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you enjoyed them both!! This book is breathtakingly beautiful! I LOVE IT!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Zed! :)

      Delete
  7. I like her already! LOL Have to check this one out.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/20/teaser-tuesdays-98-in-too-deep/

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)