Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Teaser Tuesday #83: The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury


Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?


Then do the following:

Grab your current read. Open to a random page

Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!

Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser!



Hey Guys,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend? 

Mine was relaxing, snuggling up with this book while my husband came me a much need break!! Anyways, check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. Be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you.


Here's My #83rd Teaser Tuesday From
THE SIN EATER'S DAUGHTER!






The Sin Eater’s


Daughter



 

The Sin Eater’s Daughter (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #1)
THE SIN EATER'S DAUGHTER
(The Sin Eater's Daughter #1)

Published: February 24, 2015

Genres: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17406847-defy?ac=1
Seventeen-year-old Twylla lives in the castle. But although she’s engaged to the prince, Twylla isn’t exactly a member of the court.

She’s the executioner.

As the Goddess embodied, Twylla instantly kills anyone she touches. Each month she’s taken to the prison and forced to lay her hands on those accused of treason. No one will ever love a girl with murder in her veins. Even the prince, whose royal blood supposedly makes him immune to Twylla’s fatal touch, avoids her company.

But then a new guard arrives, a boy whose easy smile belies his deadly swordsmanship. And unlike the others, he’s able to look past Twylla’s executioner robes and see the girl, not the Goddess. Yet Twylla’s been promised to the prince, and knows what happens to people who cross the queen.

However, a treasonous secret is the least of Twylla’s problems. The queen has a plan to destroy her enemies, a plan that requires a stomach-churning, unthinkable sacrifice. Will Twylla do what it takes to protect her kingdom? Or will she abandon her duty in favor of a doomed love?
 

Even when there are no prisoners, I can still hear the screams. They live in the walls like ghosts and echo between footsteps. If you travel down deep into the belly of the castle, beneath the barracks where the guards sleep, beneath the Telling Room, that is where they linger behind the quiet moments.




Lief's eyes rake over me. "People don't forget what it is to be loved, he says finally. "No matter how young or old you are, or for how long you had it, you always remember what it is to feel loved.

She'll remember you."


So, What'cha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of THE SIN EATER'S DAUGHTER?





 
https://melindasalisbury.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/dscf8310.jpgMelinda Salisbury lives by the sea, somewhere in the south of England. As a child she genuinely thought Roald Dahl’s Matilda was her biography, in part helped by her grandfather often mistakenly calling her Matilda, and the local library having a pretty cavalier attitude to the books she borrowed. Sadly she never manifested telekinetic powers. She likes to travel, and have adventures. She also likes medieval castles, non-medieval aquariums, Richard III, and all things Scandinavian The Sin Eater's Daughter is her first novel. She can be found on Twitter at @AHintofMystery, though be warned, she tweets often.

{WEBSITE} {GOODREADS} {TWITTER} {INSTAGRAM}



Look out for my review of THE SIN EATER'S DAUGHTER coming soon!

Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo.



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it!!! This book is SOOO GOOD!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  2. Interesting! Reminds me of King Midas but with more sinister consequences.
    My Tuesday post features LEARNIN’ THE ROPES.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of the King Midas, I'll have to check that one out!! But this book is so addicting, I LOVE IT!!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Sandra! :)

      Delete
  3. Fascinating storyline.

    Happy New Year! I have a quote from a Grisham legal thriller this week:

    http://pdworkman.com/excerpt-from-the-litigators-teasertuesday-grisham-books/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fascinating story!! I can't put it down for nothing!! And Happy New Years to you too! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, PD! :)

      Delete
  4. I hope you enjoyed your relaxing weekend. You picked a great book to read. I'm thinking of grabbing it. And I'd definitely keep reading!
    My TT from AWOL - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/06/teaser-tuesdays-94-awol/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy it, thank you!! And THE SIN EATER'S DAUGHTER is AMAZING!!! I literally can't put it down!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Laura! :)

      Delete
  5. I NEED this book, it sounds SO GOOD. Thanks for the teaser ;)

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, YOU'LL LOVE IT!!! It is sooooo good!!! Not really any action, but totally addicting from the first page!!!

      Thanks, Rachel, for stopping by! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)