Thursday, January 8, 2015

Invasion by Galaxy Craze ARC Review





Carnivalee Freakshow Regular





Invasion (Last Princess, #2)
Invasion
Galaxy Craze
(Last Princess #2)
Published: April 9th, 2014
Genres: YA, Post Apocalyptic


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18196040-the-walled-city










The Last Princess (Last Princess, #1) Invasion (Last Princess, #2)






A thrilling, heart pounding, fast paced adventure, INVASION was an enjoyable second installment to THE LAST PRINCESS SERIES, that I've been eager to read!! INVASION has been one of my most anticipated books after reading the first book, THE LAST PRINCESS and thoroughly enjoying it. I've been dying to get back to this world and the characters that I loved from book one.

But to be honest, it had some let downs. After I started reading INVASION, I became a little weary of continuing. It felt as if I was rereading book one all over again. The similarities were insanely close, and the plot twist were eerily the same as book one. But because that was really the only complaint I had about it, I was able to push book one from my mind and enjoy INVASION for what it was; a great book that had me hooked, even with it's few flaws!

THE PLOT

Eliza has saved England and her family from the crazed dictator, Cornelius Hollister—the man that almost succeed in taking everything she cares about, and he also happens to be the father of the man she's in love with. After the Seventeen days brought it's harsh and unfair disasters, and ushered their County into the dark times, and the cruel and evil rise and fall of the infamous dictator Cornelius Hollister, all seemed lost and unrepairable. But now with her sister Mary on the throne as Queen, and preparing to marry the love of her life that will become her king, all may not be as lost as they once thought. That is until they're happily ever after gets cut short, and their country is plummeted into the same dictatorship they've started to heal from.

England has fallen, again...

When a ship is spotted at sea after the many years of being cut off from the outside world, England thought they were all that was left. But they were wrong, and now this ship has come like a beacon in the night, bringing faith and hope to the people of England. But when they go aboard the ship out at sea, cut off from the rest of England's troops on land, they realized they've made a terrible mistake. They're are other survivors, but they don't want peace and alliance, they want to dictate and conquer, just like Cornelius Hollister did when he brought hell to England, it's begun, again...

England quickly falls into enemy hands, unable to ward off their high tech weapons and quick seize, Eliza and the queen are taken hostage and forced to hand their country over to the most vicious and vile man they've ever met. The queen will be forced to marry their enemies leader, or suffer consequence she is not willing to endure. But Eliza is not ready to give up so easily, she's already faced down and won her kingdom back from one evil dictator, she will do it again, or die trying!!!

Overall, INVASION was great book even with it's flaws and some unnecessary plot twist. With enjoyable characters, and a world setting that compelled me to keep reading, INVASION was a thrilling read . I think if you enjoy apocalypse/dystopian books with a fast plot, strong characters, and adventure to keep it going, then you'll enjoy this book. This book can be read as a standalone, you do not have to read the first book to understand this book. But, I do recommend that you should read it if you want to get the full understanding of this book. But, at the same time, if you already read the first book, you may have issues with this book due to the similarities being so similar. But if you can get past all the similarities then I think anyone who enjoys this type of genre would find it entertaining and enjoyable like I did!

NOTE: I received a ARC from Poppy for reviewing purposes! All opinions express are my own and are not influenced in any way!




Galaxy Craze HeadshotGalaxy Craze (born 1970) is an actress and writer. She moved to the U.S. with her mother in 1980. She appeared in a few independent films in the late 1990s, and wrote a novel, By the Shore, published in 1999. She is a 1993 graduate of Barnard College.

Craze told an interviewer that she "didn't say I wanted to be a writer, I just knew that's what I like to do." Another interviewer described her "beauty (as) a quiet, dreamy, and ethereal sort."




4 comments:

  1. The book cover caught my eye. :3 The plot is also interesting. But, I haven't read any book of this series, so I can't really say how it is. Thanks to your review tho, I get a glimpse of the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been on the fence about reading The Last Princess, and now I think I may have jumped off the fence completely! Especially knowing that reading the second book is basically like reading the first one with small changes. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an interesting series. I've never heard of it before but I looked it up and it seems like it has had some pretty good feedback. I've added it to my TBR, hopefully I'll enjoy it as much as some others have. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series sounds really good. It's too bad that book two seemed the same as book one, but at least it was a good book instead of a bad one!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)