Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #84: The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh



Waiting On Wednesday
is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!


Hey Guys,
I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far?
This weeks WoW is a book that I can't WAIT to read!! I instantly fell in love with the cover, then the synopsis! But anyways, check out this weeks WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!!






The Wrath & The Dawn





The Wrath and the Dawn (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1)
The Wrath and the Dawn
(The Wrath and the Dawn #1)

by Renee Ahdieh
Published: May 12th, 2015
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Retellings


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18798983-the-wrath-and-the-dawn
A sumptuous and epically told love story inspired by A Thousand and One Nights

Every dawn brings horror to a different family in a land ruled by a killer. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, takes a new bride each night only to have her executed at sunrise. So it is a suspicious surprise when sixteen-year-old Shahrzad volunteers to marry Khalid. But she does so with a clever plan to stay alive and exact revenge on the Caliph for the murder of her best friend and countless other girls. Shazi's wit and will, indeed, get her through to the dawn that no others have seen, but with a catch . . . she’s falling in love with the very boy who killed her dearest friend.

She discovers that the murderous boy-king is not all that he seems and neither are the deaths of so many girls. Shazi is determined to uncover the reason for the murders and to break the cycle once and for all.
From the second I seen this cover I just KNEW I had to read this book!! Then I read the synopsis, and hot dam I was in some serious need of this book!! I never seen 1001 Arabian nights, but I've heard great things about it, and about this book too!

I mean, this right here had me sold. I really didn't have to read anymore then that, because I was already DYING to read it just from these couple sentence below!

|
|
|
|
V

"Every dawn brings horror to a different family in a land ruled by a killer. Khalid, the eighteen-year-old Caliph of Khorasan, takes a new bride each night only to have her executed at sunrise."


Doesn't that make you want to instantly stop what you're reading and read this book?? It did for me, but I only wish I already HAD the book to read it. They have the eARC up on Edelweiss, in which I just discovered it last night. So I requested it, but me and penguin have a love-hate type of relationship, so here's to hoping I get approved. ;)



   
renée ahdiehI live in North Carolina (Go Heels!) with my husband Victor and our dog Mushu. My YA fantasy novel, THE WRATH AND THE DAWN, will be published in 2015. In my spare time, I like to cook, dance salsa, and wreak havoc on the lives of my characters.

I’m also a member of the Society of Children’s Book Writers and Illustrators, as well as an active member of the Science Fiction & Fantasy Writers of America.


{WEBSITE} {GOODREADS} {TWITTER} {FACEBOOK}


What about you? What are YOU waiting on?

Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!


9 comments:

  1. This is a book I'm also looking forward to so great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm really excited for this one too!

      Thanks for stopping by, Alexandra! :)

      Delete
  2. Nice! Just saw this a few blogs back! Love the cover and it sounds intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just recently heard of this one too, and I can't wait to read it!! And I love this cover too!

      Thanks for stopping, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  3. NICE, dont think iv hear of that author before.

    heres mine

    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/wicked-wednesdaywaiting-on-wednesday_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, I got turned off by the cover the first time I saw it, but read what it was about and then was YES. Also didn't know it was YA until then Probably because of the cover) :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh hadn't seen this one before but it looks really interesting!
    here's our WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm dying for this one too...it was a WoW pick of mine a few weeks ago! Great choice this week!

    MGW WoW

    Diayll @Mother/Gamer/Writer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I recently heard about this one and it sounds so good! Great pick~

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)