Monday, December 22, 2014

Top 10 of 2014: Best Books I’ve Read in 2014: Day #1

http://readingya.rocks/2014/11/top-10-2014-sign/

Hey Everyone thanks for stopping by 
Day #1of my Top 10 Of 2014


This awesome event is hosted by Rachel @ Reading YA Rocks, Jamie @ Two Chicks On Books, Mindy @ Magical Urban Fantasy & Nancy @ Tales of a Ravenous Reader! Thank you girls for hosting yet again another year filled with such a fun event!!!

I am so excited to be taking part in this Top Ten of 2014. This is my second year participating in this fun event. Last year was a blast, so I'm excited to be able to do it again!


ON TO MY TOP 10 OF 2014

Day #1 Top Ten is....

THE BEST BOOKS I'VE READ IN 2014



Going backwards from least favorite to most favorite are MY Top 10 Best Books I've Read In 2014
 



 SNOW LIKE ASHES was such a refreshing read! This book was one of my most anticipated books of 2014, and it did not disappointed! I fell hard for this book! I loved the world building, and the eight strong characters, that no matter the odds were not giving up! Definitely a must read for any fantasy/dystopian fan out there!

Snow Like Ashes (Snow Like Ashes, #1)





CINDER, Ohh how I hated myself for putting this one off for as long as I did!!! IT BLEW MY MIND!!! I LOVED everything about this book!! From it's awesome Cyborg main character, and the cute little android friend that had me laughing and entertained for hours, to it's twisted version of the classic Cinderella tale that touched the hearts of people everywhere!! CINDER is just beautiful and ohh, so much fun to read! 


Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)

9.) Cinder by Marissa Meyer

CINDER REVIEW






This is another book that I absolutely loved, but kept putting off for whatever reason. But finally when I decided to give it a go, I quickly found myself lost within a world of lies, betrayals, and murder. And I adored every second of it all!! I still haven't read the second book, but I hope to get to it soon!


Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin, #1)

8.) Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

GRAVE MERCY REVIEW





I expected a lot from THE YOUNG ELITES. When I received a ARC for review, I just recently read the complete LEGEND series and was blown away by Marie Lu. So I expected great things from this book!! And boy did she deliver!!! This book was such a dark, deadly, and utterly fantastic read that I could not get enough of!! I NEED BOOK TWO NOWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!

The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)

7.) The Young Elites by Marie Lu

THE YOUNG ELITES REVIEW





I just finished this book a couple days ago and loved it so much, that I HAD to add it into this top ten of 2014!! It's my first book by the author , but it did not disappoint! I will read anything by this author. Matter of fact, I loved it so much that I already bought her other book, OF BEAUTY AND BEAST for a Christmas present for myself! ;) 


Princess of Thorns

6.) Princess of Thorns by

PRINCESS OF THORNS REVIEW





Sarah Fine ROCKSSSSSSSS!!!! I wasn't sure I was going to like this book at all! It sounded good...but not really like something I would enjoy. But boy was I wrong!! This book was freaking FANTASTIC!!! I listened to it on audio because it was free for kindle unlimited users, so I gave it a shot, and the narrator Amy McFadden read this story like I've never heard!! I just LOVED IT!!!

Sanctum (Guards of the Shadowlands, #1)

5.) Sanctum by Sarah Fine

SANCTUM REVIEW






Ooh, DEFY how you amazed me!! I wasn't too keen on reading this book. Actually, I didn't want to read it at all. Then when all the mixed reviews came pouring in, I was convinced that I wasn't going to like it. But I was wrong, yet again!! DEFY was such a great, heart filled book that I adored for many reasons! I already read book two, IGNITE and loved it just as much as this book!! I really need book three!!


Defy (Defy, #1)

3.) Defy by Sara B. Larson

DEFY REVIEW




THESE BROKEN STARS was sooooo beautiful, and utterly perfect in every way!! I kept putting this one off too, and just recently read it when I received the second book for review a couple weeks ago. So I knew it was high time to sit down and read book one so I could review them both!! And OMG, what perfection I found within this book!! It stole my heart away, and left me with a serious book hangover!! And book two is ALMOST just as good!


These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1)

4.) These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner

THESE BROKEN STARS REVIEW







THE WINNER'S CURSE, Squeals!!! It was breathtakingly beautiful, and utterly fantastic, and sooo dam HOT of a read!!! I absolutely LOVED THE WINNER'S CURSE with all my heart!! I felt it was lacking nothing, and so addictable, that I literally craved more of this world! I already read book two, and though I didn't love it as much as this book, I did love it nevertheless. THE WINNER'S CRUSE is a MUST READ for ANYONE!!!


 The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1)


THE WINNER'S CURSE REVIEW



Drum Roll Please.....

And #1 is.......


 

|
|
|
|
|

V

This is it, my top favorite read of 2014!!! 

STOLEN SONGBIRD, ooh how you surprised me!! I didn't have high hopes for this book, but it did sound like something I would enjoy. But never, ever, would I of expected to love this book as much as I did, that it would end up to be my Top Favorite Book Of 2014!!!! But it was, and I am soooo happy that it was!! I'm DYING to get back into this world, because it ended on one hell of a cliffhanger!!! 


 Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy, #1)

1.) Stolen Songbird by Danielle L. Jensen

STOLEN SONGBIRD REVIEW



Honorable Mentions:

Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief, #1) Lark Rising (Guardians of Tarnec, #1) Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1) Fire & Flood (Fire & Flood, #1) Splintered (Splintered, #1)

LINKS TO MY REVIEWS:


- Midnight Thief by Livia Blackburne
- Lark Rising by Sandra Waugh
- Siege & Storm by Leigh Bardugo

- The Kiss Of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
-
Fire & Flood by Victoria Scott
- Splintered By









 

19 comments:

  1. I loved Cinder too! These Broken Stars another great one! Really want to read The Winner's Curse and Snow Like Ashes. They seem to be on almost every list!

    Best Books I’ve Read in 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CINDER & THESE BROKEN STARS were FANTASTIC!!! And THE WINNER'S CURSE was one of my Top FAVORITES of this year!! And I REALLY hope you do get to read SNOW LIKE ASHES & THE WINNER'S CURSE, because I'm SURE you'll enjoy them!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Jennifer! :)

      Delete
  2. Goodness, I haven't read ANY of these books! But I've heard such great things about most of them especially Cinder, These Broken Stars and The Winner's Curse! Great choces! :)

    Here's our Top 10! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should DEFINITELY check some, if not ALL, of these out! I enjoyed every single one of them so much!

      Thanks for stopping by, Amber! :)

      Delete
  3. Great list! I loved Cinder & Stolen Songbird, and really enjoyed These Broken Stars (there's something quite compelling & addictive about it) so I'm hoping to read soon This Shattered World, too.

    Best Books I’ve Read in 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, CINDER, STOLEN SONGBIRD & THESE BROKEN STARS was soooo EPIC!!! I LOVED them all sooo much!!! And you are sooo right, there IS something quite compelling & addictive about THESE BROKEN STARS!!! And THIS SHATTERED WORLD was ALMOST as good as it, ALMOST!!! I hope you get to read it soon, and enjoy it as much as I did!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Aleksandra :)

      Delete
  4. The Winner's Curse is so popular! I just started it this morning and I like it so far. Snow Like Ashes made my list too. I read it as an ARC and reread like three times already. Great list!

    Amber @ The Book Bratz
    Our Top Ten of 2014

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE WINNER'S CURSE was sooooo good!! Ooh, how I swooned over that book for weeks after!! I have it as my top two fave in my list, but really, it probably runs neck and neck with my top fave of 2014!!! And I already read the second book, THE WINNER'S CRIME, and really enjoyed that one as well. Though I did enjoy THE WINNER'S CURSE just a little bit more.

      Thanks for stopping by, Amber! :)

      Delete
  5. Grave Mercy and Stolen Songbird <3 <3 I absolutely love your list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were BOTH soooo good!! I know you read them both and enjoyed them as well!! I can't WAIT for their sequels!

      Thanks for stopping by, Eileen! :)

      Delete
  6. Most of your list except the Marissa Meyer and the Robin LaFevers could be my wish list. Glad you thought they were all good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad to see your looking forward to most of these on my Top Ten List! They were ALL sooooo good!!:)

      Thanks for stopping by, Sophia! :)

      Delete
  7. I've read the Lunar Chronicles and Splintered series of your list. Cinder/Cress just fell out of my top 10 list. Thanks for sharing. :) Here are my Best Books of 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only read Cinder in the Lunar Chronicles. But I've been meaning to read the rest of the books released. I heard they're all sooo AMAZING, which wouldn't surprise me, because Cinder was EPIC!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Karsyn! :)

      Delete
  8. I am so excited about Princess of Thorns! I loved Of Beast and Beauty, and I'm sure Princess of Thorns will be just as good, if not better :)

    I keep seeing Stolen Songbird around, and it sounds fantastic. It's good to know that it has a cliffhanger, though. I may wait until the sequel comes out to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PRINCESS OF THORNS was so amazing! I just finished reading it this weekend, and absolutely LOVED IT!! And I haven't read Of Beast and Beauty yet, but I loved Stacey Jay's book so much, that I went out a ordered it as a little early X-Mas present!

      And you should DEFINITELY give STOLEN SONGBIRD a chance. It was so good, and ended up being my favorite read of 2014! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Montana! :)

      Delete
  9. Love your picks! I still need to read Sanctum and Stolen Songbird (guess I need to move this one up my tbr) Thanks so much for taking part in the Top 10 of 2014! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your Top 10’s :D
    Hugs,
    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jaime! There were so many great books that released into 2014!! And YES, you should DEFINITELY read both SANCTUM & STOLEN SONGBIRD, they were both soooooo awesome!

      Thanks for hosting this great event again! :)

      Delete
  10. Loved Grave Mercy, The Young Elites, The Winner's Curse, Snow Like Ashes Defy, Princess of Thorns, Sanctum, Lark Rising, The Kiss of Deception, Midnight Thief, These Broken Stars, Fire & Flood, Splintered! Though I read a lot of those in 2013. Glad you loved them as much as I did ;) Excellent list, Alicia! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)