Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #79: Princess Of Thorns by Stacey Jay


Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?

Then do the following:

Grab your current read. Open to a random page

Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!

Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser!


Hey Guys,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend? 

Mine was great, busy, but great! Preparing for the holidays is so much fun, but can be so tiresome. Especially battling for presents at stores with other shoppers out for blood when they don't get what they want! Anyways, check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. Be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you.



Here's My #79th Teaser Tuesday From
PRINCESS OF THORNS!




Princess Of Thorns





Princess of Thorns
Princess Of Thorns
Stacey Jay
Published: December 9th, 2014
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Retellings


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18782855-princess-of-thorns
Game of Thrones meets the Grimm's fairy tales in this twisted, fast-paced romantic fantasy-adventure about Sleeping Beauty's daughter, a warrior princess who must fight to reclaim her throne.

Though she looks like a mere mortal, Princess Aurora is a fairy blessed with enhanced strength, bravery, and mercy yet cursed to destroy the free will of any male who kisses her. Disguised as a boy, she enlists the help of the handsome but also cursed Prince Niklaas to fight legions of evil and free her brother from the ogre queen who stole Aurora's throne ten years ago.

Will Aurora triumph over evil and reach her brother before it's too late? Can Aurora and Niklaas break the curses that will otherwise forever keep them from finding their one true love?





AURORA

Prophecy foretells that in the last days of the Long Summer, the Age of Reaping will dawn with the rise of the living darkness. The four kingdoms will dwell in shadow, and the souls of man feed the First One's hunger for a hundred years.

 

THE OGRE QUEEN:

The souls within rage like a tempest that will shatter us from the inside out. Our minds reels, our heart burns with a cold fire that leaves us trembling on the floor of our chambers, shivering as Illestros covers us with a blanket, but the blanket will not warm us. We are lost, staggering in the blinding light of an eternal dawn, alone with our failure and our shame.


So, What'cha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of PRINCESS OF THORNS?



Stacey JayStacey Jay is a recovering workaholic (or at least working hard at recovering) with three pen names, two small children, and a passion for playing pretend for a living. She’s been a full time mom-writer since 2005 and can't think of anything she'd rather be doing. Her former careers include theatre performer, professional dancer, poorly paid C-movie actress, bartender, waiter, math tutor (for real) and yoga instructor.
 


Look out for my review of PRINCESS OF THORNS coming soon!

Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo.






12 comments:

  1. OOh nice teasers! I liked this one quite a bit! Had a little issue or two with it overall, but still a fun read!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I noticed that you read this a well, Jessica! I'm enjoying it, but like you said, had some small issue here and there with it! But I'm sure it'll be awesome by the time I'm finished!

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh this sounds quite good! Awesome teasers, thanks!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! It's pretty good so far!

      Thanks for stopping by, Rachel! :)

      Delete
  3. That's an interesting twist on the faerie tale theme.

    Great teaser. My teaser is CHRISTMAS AT ARUNDALE HALL By Jennifer Leeland p.9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, and I'm enjoying the originality it's bringing to this fairytale!

      Thanks for stopping by, Alice! :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a fun idea for a story! I hope you're enjoying it.
    My Tuesday post features THE YANKEE CLUB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a great plot, and the characters are pretty awesome too! I am enjoying it, but not as much as I thought I would by 20% in, but I'm sure it'll pick up soon!

      Thanks for stopping by, Sandra! :)

      Delete
  5. I've got this one on my TBR list. It sounds so good, and I love books based on fairy tales! Great teasers! I hope you are enjoying it! Here's my teaser from Lies We Tell Ourselves. It's a more serious book, but important and I'm liking it so far. Good luck with the rest of your Christmas shopping! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been wanting to read the books by this author, so when it showed up for review, I was like YES, and couldn't wait to read it. It's pretty good, though I'm only 20% in, but not much has happened yet. I'm hopping it'll pick up soon!

      Thanks for stopping by, Kim! :)

      Delete
  6. I like the spin on the fairy tale. Haven't heard of this one before. Sounds traumatic and deeper than I'd have expected.
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/12/09/teaser-tuesdays-91-a-zombie-christmas-giveaway-and-freebies/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this is definitely a twist on the fairytale Sleeping Beauty! It's pretty good so far!

      Thanks for stopping by, Laura! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)