Monday, December 15, 2014

Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen Book Trailer + Review











Scarlet





Scarlet (Scarlet, #1)
Scarlet
(Scarlet #1)
Published: February 14th, 2012
Genres: YA, Historical, Retellings

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15991146-highlander-reborn
Many readers know the tale of Robin Hood, but they will be swept away by this new version full of action, secrets, and romance.

Posing as one of Robin Hood’s thieves to avoid the wrath of the evil Thief Taker Lord Gisbourne, Scarlet has kept her identity secret from all of Nottinghamshire. Only the Hood and his band know the truth: the agile thief posing as a whip of a boy is actually a fearless young woman with a secret past. Helping the people of Nottingham outwit the corrupt Sheriff of Nottingham could cost Scarlet her life as Gisbourne closes in.

It’s only her fierce loyalty to Robin—whose quick smiles and sharp temper have the rare power to unsettle her—that keeps Scarlet going and makes this fight worth dying for.

Check out the rest of the series:


Scarlet (Scarlet, #1) Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2) 
Lion Heart (Scarlet, #3)











SCARLET was an awesome retelling of ROBIN HOOD!! I loved the twist that A.C. Gaughen put on the ROBIN HOOD classic! She spun the original ROBIN HOOD tale, with her own freshly imaginative twist, that brings a whole new world of characters, obstacles and adventure!

I loved that the drama, action, secrets, and adventure always kept coming in this fresh twist of ROBIN HOOD! SCARLET kept me glued to my seat, while having me engaged to the very end!


THE PLOT

The City of Nottingham is under distress since Prince John gave his approval for the Sheriff to take over the Keep, taxing the townspeople for more gold then they could possibly pay. And if payment is unmade, then an alternate form of payment will be paid—in blood... 



Scarlet, the only girl among Robin Hood's band of thieves, is fierce, loyal, and presumed to be just one of the boys in the band. All while shielding her identity and genre of being the only girl among the boys, in order to keep her respect and the people of Nottingham safe from the Sheriff and his band of evil soldiers. 






Scarlet, Rob, and their band of thieves, rob anyone with wealth and riches, and fence their score to give to the townspeople in order for them to pay their taxes to the Sheriff to keep them from enduring his wicked wrath. But nowadays, the Sheriff is claiming people regardless of payment or not. But when the Sheriff brings in a high ranking Thief Taker named Lord Gisbourne to find the thieves and the infamous Robin the Hood, Scarlet and the boys realize their job just got that much harder.

Gisbourne is as dirty and deadly as they come, and he's looking for revenge. And for Scarlet, he is a secret she's been running from, a past she rather forget. But when he finds his way to Nottingham with the Sheriff's orders to break up the little band that she now calls family, she knows her past has finally caught up with her. And perfect timing too, because she's tired of running, and she will stop at nothing to save her new family, and the people of Nottingham from having to endure a past like she barley escaped from, but not untouched. Even if the price for the peoples safety, is her life...

Like I said above, SCARLET was a great addition to the famous classic, ROBIN HOOD!! I loved Scarlet, and her determined persona, combined with her headstrong desire to save the people that can't save themselves, and to rid the city of the trash running it! SCARLET was well developed, with fierce and loyal characters, that had me routing for them the entire time! The characters all brought their own distinct voice, and had their own place within the story, that just made it come alive more then I ever could of imagined. 

Overall, SCARLET was a great start to an amazing series that I know I will love and thoroughly enjoy for many years to come! I already bought the next book in the series and plan to read it asap! I think anyone who loves a great retelling, with it's own twist and originality, filled with secrets, lies, betrayals, action, adventure, and well driven characters determined to save their people, no matter the cost to themselves, will definitely enjoy this awesome take of ROBIN THE HOOD! I HIGHLY recommended it if any of those aspects sound interesting to you. And if not, I think it's still definitely worth the shot! I mean come on, who doesn't love ROBIN HOOD?? ;)
4 Bone Hearts




 
AC Gaughen I am shamelessly addicted to staying up far too late (it feels like stealing time), diet coke (it burns so good), Scotland (stupid country stole my heart and won't give it back. Interpol has been ineffective for prosecution) and thieves (so I guess I'm not that mad at Scotland).

Want to know more? Just ask!




2 comments:

  1. Scarlet is still, to this day, one of my all time favorite YA reads. I love the writing, the story, the characters. Everything about this book grabbed my heart and wouldn't let go. I haven't read the sequel yet, but a marathon reading session is on its way. Just waiting for the final books release date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to start this series already! It looks so good and most people have told me as much.

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)