Monday, November 17, 2014

The Moth In The Mirror by A.G. Howard Review









The Moth In The

Mirror





The Moth in the Mirror (Splintered, #1.5)
The Moth In The Mirror
A.G. Howard
(Splintered #1.5)
Published:
October 22nd, 2013
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal

 
An original ebook-only novella in the Splintered series, told from the points of view of both Jeb and Morpheus. Morpheus wants to know more about his rival for Alyssa's affections, so he digs into Jeb's memories of his time in Wonderland. But he may be surprised by what he finds.

This brand-new story and perspective from A.G. Howard's dark, magical world stands alone, but also provides a tantalizing glimpse of what's to come in Unhinged, the sequel to Splintered.






Check Out The Rest Of The Series:


Splintered (Splintered, #1) The Moth in the Mirror (Splintered, #1.5) Unhinged (Splintered, #2) Ensnared (Splintered, #3)




SPOILERS IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE FIRST BOOK, SPLINTERED! 




I Loved, LOVED, LOVEDDDDD this short story!!! Being inside Jeb's mind, seeing his side of what happened, what he went through while separated from Alyssa, and what was going through his head as he traveled through Wonderland was just amazing!! And Morpheus, ooh, he's so deliciously sexy as he's strategizing, and conniving, and manipulative, and so dam enticing!! And if you put'em all together, HOT dam you've got one dangerously seductive, bombshell of a "Son of a bug" as Jeb would say it! ;)

First, I have to give due where due deserves, Jeb is AWESOME!! I absolutely love him!! Now, do I love him more then Morpheus, probably not, but I do love him nevertheless!! Jeb was all kinds of sexy in his insane, loving, over protective, take charge and not ready to settle for anything short of saving the light in his life, Alyssa Gardner...

And Morpheus, holy smokes, let me tell you, he is overfilling!! He filled me with all kinds of emotions, and had me drowning—trying to climb out and claim control. A.G. Howard really outdid herself with his character. I LOVED everything about him!! Granted, some may say he doesn't have some of the best qualities, but I beg to differ! He had all the ones that really mattered, plus, throw in a few others that builds his amazing character, and WOW, you have an EPIC, unforgettable, totally addicting, love interest that is sure to get you hot and bothered! ;)

THE PLOT

Morpheus is distraught over losing the only thing he's ever loved and really cared for, Alyssa Gardner, and vows to win her back, one way or another! So he goes to the Carpet beetle, keeper of memories, in search of hope, in search of the only thing to give him the upper hand in all this, Jebediah's memories, and in there, Jebediah's weakness...

But as Morpheus replays Jebediah's every thought—his every feeling while in Wonderland, his every fear, his every pain that has intangled and embedded itself into Jebediah's heart, Morpheus starts to understand this Mortal more then he ever wanted too. He starts to relate in ways that shouldn't be, and then guilt starts to leak in, bleed itself within. But is Morpheus really ready to sacrifice his heart for Jebediah's? And is he really ready hand over what is rightfully his? All that he's been fighting for? He thinks not, guilt aside, Alyssa Gardner is his, and he is ready to go to the end of the earth for her, to win back what was once his as a child, to claim what's in his heart and embrace it. The fight is on, and if they think Morpheus played dirty last time, oh well, they ain't seen nothing yet, because he will not be easily defeated, he will not go down without a fight, and he is ready for the, madness....

Get ready, because it's all about to become....

UNHINGED...

Yep, this was pretty epic!! I am now a die hard Morpheus fan, but I also have my fair share of love for Jeb too! Actually, I could say that by the end of this series it could really sway either way. Will have to see what happens next in the series for me to be for sure!!

Overall, THE MOTH IN THE MIRROR was a wonderful addition to this EPICALLY fascinating series!! After reading SPLINTERED, and now this in between short story, my love runs deep for this series and these characters. Even the mindlessly insane ones, they're all so much fun and full of tons of insanity and madness that's filled my heart and made this series what it is!!!




https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/89308-splintered-fan-club




 

A.G. HowardA.G. Howard was inspired to write SPLINTERED while working at a school library. Her pastimes are reading, rollerblading, gardening, and family vacations which often include impromptu side trips to 18th century graveyards or condemned schoolhouses to appease her overactive muse.

SPLINTERED & UNHINGED, books 1 & 2 of her urbanized /gothic Alice in Wonderland series, are now available from Amulet Books. Book 3, ENSNARED, launches 2015.

Author photo by pamlaryphotography.com
 






2 comments:

  1. Until today, I had only read a couple of novella's and they weren't something that I enjoyed. They were too short, there wasn't enough of a plot, and I just didn't like them. However, today I read Elixir by J.L.A, a Covenant series novella, and I have to say that it changed my tune somewhat. I really enjoyed the story in those few short pages. I think that maybe novella's from series that I am already invested in, might just be something I need to start reading. And this one being from Jeb's perspective makes me a little more likely to try another novella out!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an amazing series and the covers are beautiful! Thanks for sharing your review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)