Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #76: Unhinged by A.G. Howard


Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?

Then do the following:

Grab your current read. Open to a random page

Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page.

BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!

Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser!


Hey Guys,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend?
Mine was SOOO busy! My daughter had me running her and her friend all over town this weekend without a break!! Then, it rained all day today!! And of course, I had all kinds of errands that HAD to be done today in the rain! Oh well, I guess that's life, right?? Anyways, check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. Be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you.





Here's My #76th Teaser Tuesday From UNHINGED




UNHINGED




Unhinged
A.G. Howard

(Splintered # 2)
Published: January 7th, 2014
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal


 
Alyssa Gardner has been down the rabbit hole and faced the bandersnatch. She saved the life of Jeb, the guy she loves, and escaped the machinations of the disturbingly seductive Morpheus and the vindictive Queen Red. Now all she has to do is graduate high school and make it through prom so she can attend the prestigious art school in London she's always dreamed of.

That would be easier without her mother, freshly released from an asylum, acting overly protective and suspicious. And it would be much simpler if the mysterious Morpheus didn’t show up for school one day to tempt her with another dangerous quest in the dark, challenging Wonderland—where she (partly) belongs.

As prom and graduation creep closer, Alyssa juggles Morpheus’s unsettling presence in her real world with trying to tell Jeb the truth about a past he’s forgotten. Glimpses of Wonderland start to bleed through her art and into her world in very disturbing ways, and Morpheus warns that Queen Red won’t be far behind.

If Alyssa stays in the human realm, she could endanger Jeb, her parents, and everyone she loves. But if she steps through the rabbit hole again, she'll face a deadly battle that could cost more than just her head.



My pulse beats rapidly against the bite on my neck. "There's something I want you to do, before Jeb wakes enough to know what's going on."

Morpheus kneels again. "What? You want I should kiss your ouchies?" The dark purr of his voice is more teasing than seductive.

I roll my eyes. "I want you to heal me."
He scowls, all playfulness gone. "Oh, no. No. Jebediah will face what he did to you."





"Beautifully done, My queen," he says, stepping back and adjusting his hat. "You are at your most powerful when you stop resisting what's in your blood." He walks toward my mosacs, then stalls next to them, glacing at me. "One thing more: Wonderland and I are the same. You love one of us, you love the other. You are Wonderland, too. Which means we are the perfect fit, in more ways than you can even imagine. On our day toggether, I'll take great plessure in showing you all of them." 

My heart is pounding so hard I can't speak around it.


So, Whatc'ha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of UNHINGED?



   
A.G. HowardA.G. Howard was inspired to write SPLINTERED while working at a school library. Her pastimes are reading, rollerblading, gardening, and family vacations which often include impromptu side trips to 18th century graveyards or condemned schoolhouses to appease her overactive muse.

SPLINTERED & UNHINGED, books 1 & 2 of her urbanized /gothic Alice in Wonderland series, are now available from Amulet Books. Book 3, ENSNARED, launches 2015.

Author photo by pamlaryphotography.com
 


Look out for my review of SPLINTERED coming soon!


Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo.



2 comments:

  1. OOoh good teasers! I need to start this series asap!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you definitely should, it's a one of a kind series! I LOVE IT!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)