Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #74: Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott







Salt & Stone





Salt & Stone (Fire & Flood, #2) Salt & Stone
Victoria Scott
(Fire & Flood #2)
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f
Published: February 24th, 2015
 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20657437-salt-stone?ref=ru_lihp_up_rs_43_mclk&uid=1867541034
What would you do to save someone you love?

In FIRE & FLOOD, Tella Holloway faced a dangerous trek through the jungle and across the desert, all to remain a Contender in the Brimstone Bleed for a chance at obtaining the Cure for her brother. She can't quit--she has to win the race, save Cody, and then fight to make sure the race stops before it can claim any more lives. In the next legs of the race, across the ocean and over mountains, Tella will face frostbite, sharks, avalanche, and twisted new rules in the race.

But what if the danger is deeper than that? How do you know who to trust when everyone's keeping secrets? What do you do when the person you'd relied on most suddenly isn't there for support? How do you weigh one life against another?

The race is coming to an end, and Tella is running out of time, resources, and strength. At the start of the race there were one hundred twenty-two Contenders. As Tella and her remaining friends start the final part of the race, just forty-one are left--and only one can win.








"You surprise me."

I stop paddling. "Are you saying you might have underestimated me?"

"The others respect you. They listen to you, more and more. And not for the same reason they listen to me."

I feel as if Guy is telling me something, but Braun is rolling over, mumbling, and it won't be long before everyone is awake. I decide to be direct.

"Say what it is you want to say to me."

Guy swallows and then flinches as if what he's about to admit pains him.

"You're the most amazing person I've ever met."




"We have three final challenges for you to tackle. The first will test your decision making, the second will test your limitations, and the final challenge will test your dedication to procuring the Cure. At this time, we'll ask that you send your Pandora down your chosen lane. Each Contender must complete this last portion of the Brimstone Bleed with a Pandora, so if you do not have one, we'll ask that you first acquire a Pandora and then return."






 
Victoria Scott Victoria Scott is a teen fiction writer represented by Sara Crowe. She's the author of the FIRE & FLOOD series published by Scholastic, and the DANTE WALKER trilogy published by Entangled Teen. Her books have been bought and translated in eleven foreign markets including the UK, Turkey, China, Poland, Germany, Australia, Israel, Taiwan, Brazil, New Zealand, and the Netherlands.
Victoria lives in Dallas with her husband and hearts cotton candy something fierce.
  










12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Great teasers! My ARC hasn't arrived yet! Dying to read this one! Still need to read the lat Dante Walker book too! So behind!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it arrives soon so you can read it for yourself and experience all it's awesomeness!!

      It was really good, but...I think I like the first book, FIRE & FLOOD a little bit more. BUT both were still awesome books. The ending was torture, and I can't WAIT for the third book!! I'm glad you liked the teasers, Jessica! :)

      Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. Great Teaser! I really liked the first book. Here is the link to my TT (Talon by Julie Kagawa) http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really enjoyed the first book as well. SALT & STONE is really good too!

      Thanks for stopping by, Amber! :)

      Delete
  3. I see you are listening to These Broken Stars. I loved it and am waiting on book 2. Great teases. First time to see this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, I'm listening to THESE BROKEN STARS now, and I'm only about 100 pages in, but it is soooo awesome so far!! I can definitely see what all the rave was about!

      I got an ARC of book 2, THIS SHATTERED WORLD that I'm looking forward to reading next. Though, I'm a little disappointed that it won't have Lilac and Tarver in it. But the other characters sound awesome too!

      Anyways, I'm glad you liked the teasers from SALT & STONE, but I'm a little shocked you haven't heard of this series yet!! You should definitely check it out asap!!!

      Thanks for stopping by, JC Jones! :)

      Delete
  4. I've had several people urge me to read this series. I'm thinking I will. Really liked the teasers.
    Here's my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/11/04/teaser-tuesdays-88-real-elves-an-emily-castle-mystery/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, READ THIS SERIES!!! I'm sure you'll love it!! I'm glad you enjoyed the teasers!

      Thanks for stopping by, Laura! :)

      Delete
  5. I'm curious: what's a Pandora? This story sounds similar to The Hunger Games, so I imagine it's a good story. Enjoy!
    My Tuesday post features a Navajo mystery by Tony Hillerman: THE BLESSING WAY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Pandora is an animal. But an engineered animal with AWESOME powers!!! This series is great. And it has a few similarities to The Hunger Games, but the actual plot is different! I hope you decide to pick it up one day soon.

      Thanks for stopping by, Sandra! :)

      Delete
  6. This sounds interesting. I have to admit, I'm more pulled in by the first teaser than the second. The second made me a little curious, but also a bit confused; probably because I'm unfamiliar with everything that's going on. But I definitely enjoyed the first, with the relationship that's brewing. Cool pick!

    Here are My Teasers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can see how the second teaser would confuse you if you've never read the first book. But if you have, then it would make total sense, and I'm sure you would think it's awesome! I hope you decide to give this series a shot, because it is soooo AWESOME!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Kerry! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)