Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #77: The Cage by Megan Shepherd


Waiting On Wednesday
 is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!




Hey Guys,
 
I hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far?
This weeks WoW is a from an awesome book that sound like a blast to read! Anyways, check out this weeks WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!!





THE CAGE




The Cage
The Cage
Megan Shepherd
(The Cage #1)
Published: May 26th, 2015
Genres: Young Adult, Sci-f


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22536448-the-sin-eater-s-daughter
When Cora Mason wakes in a desert, she doesn't know where she is or who put her there. As she explores, she finds an impossible mix of environments--tundra next to desert, farm next to jungle--and a strangely empty town cobbled together from different cultures and time periods, all watched over by eerie black windows. And she isn't alone.

Four other teenagers have also been taken: a beautiful model, a tattooed smuggler, a secretive genius, and an army brat who seems to know too much about Cora's past. None of them have a clue as to what happened, and all of them have secrets. As the unlikely group struggles for leadership, they slowly start to trust each other. But when their mysterious jailer appears--a handsome young guard named Cassian--they realize that their captivity is more terrifying than they could ever imagine: their captors aren't from Earth. And they have taken the five teenagers to an otherworldly zoo--where the exhibits are humans.

When a forbidden attraction develops between Cora and Cassian, she realizes that her best chance of escape might be in the arms of her own jailer--though that would mean leaving the others behind. Can Cora manage to save herself and her companions? And if so…what world lies beyond the walls of their cage?





 







Megan Shepherd





What about you? What are YOU waiting on?

Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!



16 comments:

  1. This sounds just like one of my favorite episodes of the Twilight Zone! I wonder if that's where the author got her inspiration? Sounds awesome, I'll definitely be checking this one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Twilight Zone before. But if it's anything like this books sounds, then I need to check it out!

      Thanks for stopping by, Becky! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh nice! Sounds very intriguing! Hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely does sounds intriguing! I'm excited for it!

      Thanks for stopping by Jessica! :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard about this book before - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your very welcome! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Glass!

      Delete
  4. This has my attention. I haven't read her previous books but I don't mind starting this series first. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any of her books yet either, but this one sounds great!

      Thanks for stopping by, Shane! :)

      Delete
  5. This looks really interesting, I love the cover!!
    Here is my Wow: http://rebeccabookreview.wordpress.com/2014/10/22/waiting-on-wednesday-4-blood-magick-by-nora-roberts/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover also, it's what caught my interest in the beginning!

      Thanks for stopping by, Rebecca! :)

      Delete
  6. ohhh i like the cover, might have to give this one a try.

    thanks for sharing.
    heres mine
    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/waiting-on-wednesday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of this one. I might have to get this one. The cover is awesome.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say, I enjoyed her debut trilogy, so I'm excited about this new series! I hope you enjoy the book when you read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Alicia :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice post!
    Follow you on Google+ and GFC!
    Follow me back?!
    ^^
    http://ann-kos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only heard about is one this week, certainly sounds unique! Love the angle of the cover as well, works well with it! :) But I mean, 2015 is evil. >:( ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW - I was just browsing through & stumbled upon your lovely blog - It looks gorgeous and it has interesting posts that I can relate to. I have to check out these new reads! I'm now following you via gfc, Hope you check out my blog? keep in touch love x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections
    Paperback International Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)