Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #73: Ignite by Sara B. Larson







IGNITE





Ignite (Defy, #2)

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18196040-the-walled-city
Murder, abductions, and forbidden romance abound in this thrilling sequel to Sara B. Larson's acclaimed YA debut, DEFY.Alexa remains by the newly crowned King Damian’s side as his guard, ever committed to helping him rebuild Antion and reclaim the hope of Antion's people, despite continuing to harbor a secret love for him. However, when another threat to Damian and his kingdom emerges, and blame is cast on their newly forged allies from Blevon, Alexa knows things are not what they seem. With the fate of her nation hanging in the balance once again, will Alexa be able to protect her king and uncover the true enemy -- before it's too late?


"I believe you have the strength to overcome anything, my beautiful girl." His voice was only a whisper when he looked straight into my eyes one last time. "My zhànshì nánwū."

And then he was gone and I was alone, standing in a sea of swirling, gray fog, endless and terrifying.



"You have brought peace between our two nations at a great cost," the man said in that same voice, chillingly empty of emotion.

"The cost, though great, was worth the result, I hope," Damian said, sounding a bit more cautious.

I hazarded a glance at Eljin again to find him staring directly at me. He shook his head infinitesimally and widened his eyes. A warning.


Sara B. LarsonSara's debut YA fantasy novel, DEFY, released in January of 2014 from Scholastic. The sequel will come out in early 2015--stay tuned for announcements about the title, cover, and synopsis! Sara lives in Utah with her husband and three young children. She writes during naptime and the hours when most people are sleeping. Her husband claims she should have a degree in "the art of multitasking." On occasion you will find her hiding in a bubble bath with a book and some Swedish Fish or some mint chocolate truffles. She is represented by Josh Adams of Adams Literary.
 



10 comments:

  1. OOoh great teasers! Haven't read these books but do see them a lot! Hope you're enjoying this one!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, you definitely need to check this series yet!!! It's one of my all time faves!!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds intriguing!

    I have two teasers today from Veronica Roth’s YA dystopian “Divergent” series:

    http://pdworkman.com/conversation-with-veronica-roth-teasertuesday/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is intriguing!

      Thanks for stopping by, PD Workman! :)

      Delete
  3. ohhhh nice teasers, loving your blog, new follower :D.


    heres mine teaser

    http://satinsbookishcorner.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/tuesday-teaser.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the teasers! And thank you so much for becoming a new follower! I followed you back via email! :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh nice teasers! This book is completely new to me, and the cover is so pretty! Thanks for sharing, hope you love the rest of the book :)

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is sooo good! And the covers are so simple, yet so extravagant at the same time. If that even makes any since...lol! I just LOVE this series sooo much!

      Thanks for stopping by, Alma! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)