Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #72: The Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons







?







The Glass Arrow






The Glass Arrow
The Glass Arrow




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15750874-the-glass-arrow?ac=1
From the author of Article 5 comes the haunting tale of a girl on the run from the men who hunt her, men who want to auction off breeding rights to the highest bidder.

In a world where females are scarce and are hunted, then bought and sold at market for their breeding rights, 15-year old Aya has learned how to hide. With a ragtag bunch of other women and girls, she has successfully avoided capture and eked out a nomadic but free existence in the mountains. But when Aya’s luck runs out and she’s caught by a group of businessmen on a hunting expedition, fighting to survive takes on a whole new meaning.





NOTE:

Both Teasers come from an ARC, and are subject to change in the finished copy.



I cannot hold back the scream this time as I crash to the ground.

The wire contracts, cutting through the skin and into the flesh and muscle of my leg. The heat turns electric, and soon it is shocking me, sending volts of lightning up through my hips, vibrating my insides.









Kristen SimmonsKristen Simmons has a master’s degree in social work and is an advocate for mental health. She lives with her family and their precious greyhound Rudy in Cincinnati, Ohio. 

In 30 words or more…


I was raised in Reno, Nevada—just below Lake Tahoe in the Sierra Nevada Mountains—with horses and dogs and Red Angus cattle. When I was little I had a colorful imagination (read: I was a cheerful liar), and loved to write stories. I rocked spandex shorts and slouch socks, put too many scrunchies in my side ponytail, and watched The Goonies approximately one kajillion times. For a brief time, I dedicated myself to a future in professional hockey after careful study of The Mighty Ducks.







8 comments:

  1. OOoh nice teasers! Seeing this one around a LOT!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. +JMJ+

    It's the second teaser that hooks me. I suspect, however, that the "witches" whom the governess condemns will be vindicated later in the story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Crazy teasers! Especially the second one! Great picks. :)

    Here's my post - Teaser Tuesday: The Young Elites

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh whoa, great teasers! I've had my eye on this one for a while, it sounds so intriguing! Hope you loved it, thanks for sharing =)

    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these sound so great! Excellent picks for both teasers, and they make me even more anxious to get my hands on this story asap!! Really cool picks, especially the first teaser; it was so vivid!

    Here are My Teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going on my watch out for list! Excellent teasers. I love a good dystopian and throw in some sci fi and I'm all over it. Thanks for sharing this book!
    here is my TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/14/teaser-tuesdays-85-the-memory-closet/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow both teasers sound promising. I absolutely love the book cover and title too; great post!

    Here's mine:
    The Empyrean Key | J.L. Tomlinson

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)