Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #73: The Sin Eater’s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury



Waiting On Wednesday
 is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!



Hey Guys,
 
I hope everyone is having a great week so far?
This weeks WoW is a book that I just recently heard of, and am sooo excited to read it!. Anyways, check out this weeks WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!!





The Sin Eater’s Daughter
Published: February 24th 2015
Genres: YA, Paranormal, Fantasy

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22536448-the-sin-eater-s-daughter

A startling, seductive, deliciously dark debut that will shatter your definition of YA fantasy.

16-year-old Twylla lives in the castle. But although she's engaged to the prince, no one speaks to her. No one even looks at her. Because Twylla isn't a member of the court. She's the executioner.

As the goddess-embodied, Twylla kills with a single touch. So each week, she's taken to the prison and forced to lay her hands on those accused of treason. No one will ever love her. Who could care for a girl with murder in her veins? Even the prince, whose royal blood supposedly makes him immune to her touch, avoids her.

But then a new guard arrives, a boy whose playful smile belies his deadly swordsmanship. And unlike the others, he's able to look past Twylla's executioner robes and see the girl, not the goddess. Yet a treasonous romance is the least of Twylla's problems. The queen has a plan to destroy her enemies-
a plan that requires an unthinkable sacrifice. Will Twylla do what it takes to protect her kingdom? Or will she abandon her duty in favor of a doomed love?
 
Why am I waiting? 
At first it was only the amazing cover that drew me in. But after reading the alluring synopsis, how could I not want to read it???

  
Melinda SalisburyMelinda Salisbury was born in the 1980s in a landlocked city, before escaping to live by the sea. As a child she genuinely thought Roald Dahl's Matilda was her biography, in part helped by her grandfather often calling her Matilda, and also the local library having a rather cavalier attitude to the books she took out. Despite this she never manifested telekinetic powers, though not for want of trying. She still tries, to this day. When she's not trying to unlock the hidden avenues of her mind, she's reading, writing, or travelling, all of which are now more addictions than hobbies. She can be found on Twitter as @AHintofMystery, though be warned she tweets often.
What about you? What are YOU waiting on?

Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!






8 comments:

  1. Ooooh nice! Totally new to me but I am liking that cover! Very pretty!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds interesting. Maybe when my tbr won't be so huge I'll check it out.

    My WOW: http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-talon-talon-1-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Great Pick! I haven't heard of this one yet. I love finding new books on people's posts.

    My WoW pick

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is AMAZING! And the synopsis is extremely intersting! Can't wait to check this one out when it comes out :D Great Pick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is definitely on my To-Read list! I just love the blurb and am really curious how its going to turn out! Thanks for sharing!
    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge fan of that cover ;) Hope you love it when you read it girl! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait- have they changed the cover? Well, altered it, because I remember the colours which is still there, but if they have, I much prefer this one, looks more neater I guess. :) Still, so pretty though!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)