Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #72: The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker


Waiting On Wednesday
 is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!


Hey Guys, 
I hope everyone is having a great week so far?
This weeks WoW is a book I just recently heard about over the weekend. But I instantly knew I had to add it to my wishlist!! Anyways, check out this weeks WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!




The Witch HunterThe Witch Hunter
Virginia Boecker
Published: June 2nd, 2015
Genres: YA, Paranormal, Fantasy

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20657437-salt-stone?ref=ru_lihp_up_rs_43_mclk&uid=1867541034
The magic and suspense of Graceling meet the political intrigue and unrest of Game of Thrones in this riveting fantasy debut.

Elizabeth Grey is one of the king's best witch hunters, devoted to rooting out witchcraft and doling out justice. When she's accused of being a witch herself, Elizabeth is arrested and sentenced to die at the stake. Salvation comes from a man she thought was her enemy. Nicholas Perevil, the most powerful wizard in the kingdom, offers her a deal: he will save her from execution if she can break the deadly curse that's been laid upon him.

As she's thrust into the world of witches, ghosts, pirates, and all-too-handsome healers, Elizabeth is forced to redefine her ideas of right and wrong, and of love and hate.

Boecker's rich, witch-hunting, witch-burning world is filled with everything a good fantasy book needs: swords, poison, black magic, rat hordes, and betrayal. Elizabeth Grey is a tough, feisty protagonist whose fearless heart takes more twists and turns than the narrow city alleys in which the story opens. A fun, corpse-ridden, blood-drenched debut.
—April Tucholke, author of Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea.




Ooh, why wouldn't I want to read THE WITCH HUNTER? I mean it's got everything I love: Magic, suspense, witch hunters, ghosts, pirates, and as the synopsis says, an all-too-handsome healer!! ;)

 YEP, and that's only the tip of the iceberg of why I NEED to read this book asap!! But the only terrible part about this book is it's insanely faraway release date!! And June 2nd, 2015 is just CRAZY long! But, I'm sure it'll be well worth the wait!


What do you think of my WoW?

Will you be adding it to your TBR Reading Pile?


 
Virginia BoeckerVirginia Boecker recently spent four years in London obsessing over English medieval history, which formed the basis of her debut novel, The Witch Hunter. She now lives in the Bay Area, California with her husband and spends her days writing, reading, running, and chasing around her two children and a dog named George.

In addition to English kings, nine-day queens, and Protestant princesses, her other obsessions include The Smiths, art museums, champagne, and Chapstick. You can visit Virginia online at virginiaboecker.com or on Twitter @virgboecker.
  
 
{WEBSITE} {GOODREADS} {TWITTER} {FACEBOOK


What about you? What are YOU waiting on?

Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on! 





 





8 comments:

  1. This one is new to me but I love how it sounds. Thanks for putting it on my radar.
    Here's my WoW
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooh my. This does sound amazing! I agree; an excellent array of characters.

    Here's my WoW
    Page @ Never Enough Shelf Space

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds and looks interesting. Maybe I'll read it.

    My wow: http://readingadd.blogspot.ro/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-atlantia-by-ally.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing, sounds amazing! I'm adding it on my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh exciting! Looks like a great read. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. New to me but Gracing and Game of Thrones....must have now. Great pick! I hope it is worth the wait. Check out our Wow

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this book before. It sounds like a good fantasy that I could dig into.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)