Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #71: Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott


Waiting On Wednesday
 is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!


Hey Guys, 
I hope everyone is having a great week so far?
This weeks WoW is the second book in one of my favorite books last year, and I can't wait to find out what happens next! Anyways, check out this weeks WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!






Salt & Stone (Fire & Flood, #2) Salt & Stone
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f
Published: February 24th, 2015 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20657437-salt-stone?ref=ru_lihp_up_rs_43_mclk&uid=1867541034
 
What would you do to save someone you love?

In FIRE & FLOOD, Tella Holloway faced a dangerous trek through the jungle and across the desert, all to remain a Contender in the Brimstone Bleed for a chance at obtaining the Cure for her brother. She can't quit--she has to win the race, save Cody, and then fight to make sure the race stops before it can claim any more lives. In the next legs of the race, across the ocean and over mountains, Tella will face frostbite, sharks, avalanche, and twisted new rules in the race.

But what if the danger is deeper than that? How do you know who to trust when everyone's keeping secrets? What do you do when the person you'd relied on most suddenly isn't there for support? How do you weigh one life against another?

The race is coming to an end, and Tella is running out of time, resources, and strength. At the start of the race there were one hundred twenty-two Contenders. As Tella and her remaining friends start the final part of the race, just forty-one are left--and only one can win.






Ooh, I am SOOO excited for SALT & STONE, you just don't know!!! I LOVED FIRE & FLOOD so much, and can't WAIT to get back into this world of awesomeness.! 

And that cover is one of my favorites so far for 2015!! I love all the blues and grays mixed with the whites, and the feather in ice!! Epic, truly EPIC!!

Between the fast-paced plot, to the action-packed world, and the thrilling race to the end, with many deadly obstacles in the way, makes me even more eager to get back into Tella and Guy's adventure.


Check out my review of book #1 
FIRE & FLOOD HERE!



What do you think of my WoW?

Will you be adding it to your TBR Reading Pile?





 
Victoria Scott Victoria Scott is a teen fiction writer represented by Sara Crowe. She's the author of the FIRE & FLOOD series published by Scholastic, and the DANTE WALKER trilogy published by Entangled Teen. Her books have been bought and translated in eleven foreign markets including the UK, Turkey, China, Poland, Germany, Australia, Israel, Taiwan, Brazil, New Zealand, and the Netherlands.
Victoria lives in Dallas with her husband and hearts cotton candy something fierce.
  




 hat about you? What are YOU waiting on?
 
Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!





18 comments:

  1. YES! Cannot wait for this one either! I'm on the ARC list too, so fingers crossed it won't be much longer!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on the list as well! Here's to hoping it comes soon! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the reminder that I really need to read Fire & Flood. It's on the Kindle... just need a Time-Turner or something. :P Haha. Anyway, I hope Salt & Stone is everything that you hope it will be!

    P.S. - Your blog theme is adorable.

    Our WoW: http://refractedlightreviews.com/?p=20949

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSS, READ FIRE & FLOOD!! It is so good!! At first it was a little hard to get into, but after a quarter or so into the book, BAM, it turned to full blown awesomeness!! I hope you read it and enjoy it!

      Thanks for stopping by, Dani! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I feel you!! I can't WAIT for this book!

      Thanks for stopping by, Stephanie! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, YES!! I'm super excited for this one too!! Fire & Flood was sooooo good. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, FIRE & FLOOD was the best! I'm anxiously waiting for this! I'm actually on the ARC list, sooo...hopefully I get it! I hope you enjoy it too!

      Thanks for stopping by, Lisa! :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read Fire & Flood yet but I'm definitely interested!!

    Eileen @ BookCatPin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you need to read it, Read it, READ ITT!!! Did I mention that you should read it...lol??? It is soooo good and worth the read!

      Thanks for stopping by, Eileen! :)

      Delete
  6. Haven't gotten around to reading the first one yet, but it's on my TBR! Love Victoria!

    Thanks for sharing, Alicia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find the time to read it, because I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  7. I love how simple the cover is yet it is eye-catching. Makes me feel icy!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess, this cover is one of my favorites for that same reason Simple, yet eye catchingly intriguing!

      Thanks for stopping by, Naomi! :)

      Delete
  8. God i'm also so excited for this one! I miss Guy and the pandra's and the race! I can't wait to see who wins as well! Greta pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am soooo excited to see where everything goes too! And I think I'm going through serious Guy withdrawals **Swoons*** ;)

      Thanks for stopping by, Lily! :)

      Delete
  9. I cannot wait to read this one as well! I hope we both enjoy it when we read it :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week, Alicia!!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I am walking on pins and needles waiting for this book! Hopefully, we won't have to wait long!

      Thanks for stopping by, Alyssa! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)