Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #70: An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir


Waiting On Wednesday
 is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!


Hey Guys, 
I hope everyone is having a great week so far?
This weeks WoW is from an book that I am literally DYING to read!!! I love the cover, the synopsis and every little thing about this book! Anyways, check out this weeks WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!




An Ember in the Ashes An Ember in the Ashes

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21519379-gypsy?ac=1

Set in a terrifyingly brutal Rome-like world, An Ember in the Ashes is an epic fantasy debut about an orphan fighting for her family and a soldier fighting for his freedom. It’s a story that’s literally burning to be told.

LAIA is a Scholar living under the iron-fisted rule of the Martial Empire. When her brother is arrested for treason, Laia goes undercover as a slave at the empire’s greatest military academy in exchange for assistance from rebel Scholars who claim that they will help to save her brother from execution.

ELIAS is the academy’s finest soldier— and secretly, its most unwilling. Elias is considering deserting the military, but before he can, he’s ordered to participate in a ruthless contest to choose the next Martial emperor.

When Laia and Elias’s paths cross at the academy, they find that their destinies are more intertwined than either could have imagined and that their choices will change the future of the empire itself.

Vow your blood and body to the empire.

Keep your heart for yourself.
{AMAZON}






Ooh, you just don't know how excited I am for AN EMBER IN THE ASHES by Sabaa Tahir! When I seen the cover, I almost died. Then I read the synopsis, and I almost fainted from anticipation!! I just knew I had to read this, and that I was 99.9999% sure that I was going to absolutely LOVE IT!

I'm actually in the process of trading for it from someone. And
I'm really hoping the trade works out. Because I really, really, REALLY want to read this book wayyyyy before the release date in April 2015!

Here's to hoping! ;) 




What do you think of my WoW?

Will you be adding it to your TBR Reading Pile?





Sabaa TahirI'm a British-born, California-raised writer, reader and tree-climber. I'd rather read than do pretty much anything. This is my excuse for not joining GoodReads forever ago. I was reading, see.

Things I like: Cats! Books, obviously. Ice cream. Knives. Music. Yosemite. Buffy. Misfits. Outcasts. Hideous coffee cups. Star Wars. Star Trek. (Anything space-related, really).

Things I do not like: Poverty. The 405 Freeway. Brussels Sprouts. Bullies. Liars. Backstabbers.

My book, An Ember in the Ashes, is out from Penguin/Razorbill on April 28, 2015.



What about you? What are YOU waiting on?
 
Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!




12 comments:

  1. OOh that sounds intriguing!! Totally new to me!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound intriguing!! I'm so glad it's finally on your radar now. Because it looks amazing!

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  2. What a fabulous choice!! I haven't seen this one yet, but it sounds fantastic and it definitely is going on my tbr list now. :)

    Here's my WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT?!?!?!?! I can't believe you haven't heard of this one before!!! But I'm thrilled to finally be the first one to introduce you to it!! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Tressa!

      Delete
  3. WHOOOOOOOO! Yeah, I'd read it just for the cover.... I'm easy like that. ;) Hope the trade works out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right!! I LOVE this cover!!! When I seen it before I even read the synopsis, I said I HAVE to read this!! Then I read the synopsis, and I knew I said right!!

      Thanks for dropping by, Kirsty! :)

      Delete
  4. Fabulous choice. I really want this one as well. It sounds so much like my type of book since I'm on a fantasy kick.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!! I'm on a fantasy kick as well!! I never really got into fantasy that much before until I read a really good fantasy book, I can't remember which one. But whatever it was, it got me hooked on the genre! I really like fantasy/dystopian! I think they make a great mix genre!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Grace! :)

      Delete
  5. Aww I can't wait for this one either. At first it didn't catch my attention but after I read the synopsis I was caught. I really hope I'll enjoy it. :)
    And I wish you luck for getting your hands on it before the release. :)
    Wonderful pick!
    My WoW: http://reading-is-dreaming-with-open-eyes.blogspot.hu/2014/09/waiting-on-wednesday-12-famous-last.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Veronika!!! I REALLY hope my trade works out as well!! I'm glad your excited for this one too!!

      Thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

      Delete
  6. You're the 4-5th person that has this on todays WoW, and each time I see it I want to run to goodreads and readd it to my TBR pile, I cant wait either! it looks AUHMAZING!
    Here is my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I've seen this around on A LOT on blogs for the last month!! I can't WAIT to get my needy little hands on it! :)

      Thanks for stopping by, Kym! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)