Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #67: Lailah by Nikki Kelly







?









Lailah





Lailah (The Styclar Saga, #1)
Lailah
 Nikki Kelly
 (The Styclar Saga #1
Published: October 7th, 2014
Genres: YA, Paranormal, Fantasy


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18324459-lailah?ac=1


The girl knows she’s different. She doesn’t age. She has no family. She has visions of a past life, but no clear clues as to what she is, or where she comes from. But there is a face in her dreams – a light that breaks through the darkness. She knows his name is Gabriel.

On her way home from work, the girl encounters an injured stranger whose name is Jonah. Soon, she will understand that Jonah belongs to a generation of Vampires that serve even darker forces. Jonah and the few like him, are fighting with help from an unlikely ally – a rogue Angel, named Gabriel.

In the crossfire between good and evil, love and hate, and life and death, the girl learns her name: Lailah. But when the lines between black and white begin to blur, where in the spectrum will she find her place? And with whom?

Gabriel and Jonah both want to protect her. But Lailah will have to fight her own battle to find out who she truly is.





Jonah's extreme beauty had given him away instantly. Thanks to the Vampire I had once ignorantly befriended, I now knew what hid beneath features like that. I was angry for allowing myself to be sucked in by his looks; they were merely a mask, disguising what he truly was — a killer.


 
  


"The Arch Angels want you too. It seems the highest being from both dimensions are looking for you. We know you are some form of immortal, but I have no idea why they all have such a heightened interest in your existence. We need to know; perhaps then we will understand."



?




Nikki Kelly

I was born and raised only minutes away from the chocolately scent of Cadbury World in Birmingham, England. So it will probably come as no surprise that when I'm not dreaming in Vampires & Angels, I dream in chocolate! For the past ten years I have lived in West London with my hubby and two dogs, Alfie - the Pug & Goose - the Chihuahua.

LAILAH is my debut novel, and first launched in serial form to wattpad, a readers & writers community. Within just 6months, LAILAH had over a million reads and thousands of comments and votes.

Since then, The Styclar Saga has gone on to pick up a traditional deal with Feiwel & Friends, and LAILAH, the first book in the series is due for release on October 7th 2014.

These days I spend my time balancing my amazing job of writing fantasy fiction, with my other, very important role of Chocolate Connoisseur. I like to multitask and do the two together. It makes me happy.







10 comments:

  1. I just saw this book in a previous teaser! It looks fun, but I'm not really into vampires :/ Hope you have fun with this one :)

    Here's my TT
    The Book Thief | Markus Zusak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I seen two other Teaser Tuesday's post with teasers from LAILAH. I use to love vampire books, but as of late, I'm not an overly huge fan either. But LAILAH sounded amazing! But it's definitely not turning out to be what I thought it would be!

      Thanks for stopping by, Claudia! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh nice teasers! Read these parts already myself! Still reading it now and will likely finish tomorrow morning based on what else I have to do still! Liking it okay, but haven't gotten to the I love it point! Hope you're enjoying or enjoyed it too!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad your reading LALIAH also! I had to read this now so I could get my review written for my stop in the LAILAH Blog Tour on October 10th.

      I am enjoying it, but only to an extent. I was hoping for so much more with LAILAH then what I've gotten in the 100+ pages. I will likely finish it, but I'm hoping it gets better and I can get past the romance aspect.

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds interesting, even though vampires are not my favorite characters. I hope you're enjoying the story.
    Here's the link to my Tuesday post: Retirement Can Be Murder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is okay! I use to LOVE vampire books, but lately I've been burnt out with them. But LAILAH sounded so original and amazing, that I just had to give it a try!

      Thanks for stopping by, Sandra! :)

      Delete
  4. I'm reading this one too! I like your choices and I'm looking forward to your review.
    Here is my tease - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/09/teaser-tuesdays-80-unbroken-ties-by-m-latimer-ridley/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome that your reading LAILAH also!! I'm enjoy it...but I'm not liking the instalove at all! But the plots picking up, so will see how that goes! I hope you enjoy it!

    Thanks for stopping by, Laura! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I haven't been reading many vampire books of late, but this one sounds pretty interesting! I hope you're enjoying it! Happy reading!
    My Teaser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I haven't been into too many vampire books lately either. But when I read the synopsis for LAILAH, and knew I had to at least give it a try!

      Thanks for stopping by, Kerry! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)