Monday, September 15, 2014

Pawn by Aimee Carter Book Trailer & Review










 Pawn





Pawn
Aimee Carter
(The Blackcoat Rebellion #1)

Published: November 26th, 2013
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f




YOU CAN BE A VII. IF YOU GIVE UP EVERYTHING.

For Kitty Doe, it seems like an easy choice. She can either spend her life as a III in misery, looked down upon by the higher ranks and forced to leave the people she loves, or she can become a VII and join the most powerful family in the country.

If she says yes, Kitty will be Masked—surgically transformed into Lila Hart, the Prime Minister's niece, who died under mysterious circumstances. As a member of the Hart family, she will be famous. She will be adored. And for the first time, she will matter.

There's only one catch. She must also stop the rebellion that Lila secretly fostered, the same one that got her killed …and one Kitty believes in. Faced with threats, conspiracies and a life that's not her own, she must decide which path to choose—and learn how to become more than a pawn in a twisted game she's only beginning to understand.

Previously titled Masked.




Enter to win an ARC of Book #2, CAPTIVE

Photo: Start your weekend with a win! Enter a Goodreads giveaway to win 1 of 25 finished copies of Aimée Carter's CAPTIVE! (Ends October 25. US/CAN only, excl QC.)Feeling lucky? Enter HERE ► http://bit.ly/1jDx5MZ 








 












PAWN was a thrilling, high stakes, emotionally-packed, roller coaster of ups and downs that flew by at immensely fast speed. I devoured PAWN so quickly, and before I knew it, the book was over and I was graveling over not having the next book!

I've been so excited about reading PAWN ever since last year when I received an eARC. I loved the premise and thought it stuck out from the other kazillion dystopians out there. It surely lived up to my expectations and some! I think any fans of dystopian and even thrillers would find this one highly enjoyable!


THE PLOT


YOU CAN BE A VII. IF YOU GIVE UP EVERYTHING.

Kitty Doe has just turned Seventeen, and for her, her life is all but over. After taking the test that all seventeen year old's have to take, and only scoring a III, which is not the worse you could score, but by far from the best either. She has very limited options; either be assigned to cleaning the sewers far away from Benji, the only person who really matters in the world. Or, she can turn trick at a club for a month until Benji turns seventeen and takes his test and scores the VI that she knows he'll score, and then get the hell out off dodge. But... a third option has just been laid on the table, one very hard to resist....

Kitty has just been offered the opportunity to join the most powerful family in their world. She will become a VII, the best possible score you can have. And with that VII comes power, fame, wealth, and anything material her heart desires. But of course, nothing comes without a price, and the price she will have to pay is the highest she can give.

Kitty will have to sell her soul to the devil and give up everything and everyone she knows and loves to become a new person. But, she will not just become any person, she will become Lila Hart, the Prime Minister's niece who mysteriously died. But what she doesn't know is that Kitty Doe will exist no more, and she will be reborn, masked...

With very little options, Kitty reluctantly accepts the offer, but before she realizes what she's signed up for, she awakens no loner as Kitty Doe, but now masked as Lila Hart. She will now have to master every aspect of Lila Hart's life if she has any hope of fooling the people into thinking she is in fact Lila Hart. But why is Lila's image so important that she can not be dead? What caused her death anyway? What is brewing so deep that Lila is needed to bring it back from the brink? Well Kitty is about to get those answers and more.

She hears whispers of a rebellion... Talk of an uprising, secrets of what's sure to come. But as Kitty gets deeper into the game of being their pawn, she realizes that the odds of her escaping all of this when it's over are becoming slim to none. And that can only mean one thing.... murder, HER murder...

Everything is coming to a head as Kitty starts to unravel the web of lies, deceptions, betrays, and ultimately, murder. She will have to forge unlikely allies in her new world. Form new bounds and allegiance, and reunite with old ones as she plays this dangerous game. But if Kitty has any hope of making it out alive, she will have to be what she's been trained to be, a pawn....

Overall, PAWN was a blast to read! I highly enjoyed the world it was built around, and the characters that made it come alive. I can't WAIT to get back into this world and see what happens next, because that ending had me dying to read on!!

NOTE: I received an eARC from Harlequin TEEN for reviewing purposes! All opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced in any way!
4 Bone Hearts





Photo: HAPPY BOOK BIRTHDAY!!!
PAWN by Aimée Carter releases TODAY ► http://bit.ly/1enraXw 
#HarlequinTEEN #AiméeCarter #Dystopian








Aimée Carter is the author of The Goddess Test series (Harlequin TEEN), including The Goddess Test (#1), The Goddess Hunt (#1.5), Goddess Interrupted (#2), The Goddess Legacy (#2.5), and The Goddess Inheritance (#3).

Pawn, the first book in The Blackcoat Rebellion series (also from Harlequin TEEN), hit shelves in November 2013 and is now available everywhere. Captive, the sequel, will be released in late 2014, and Queen, the third and final book, will be released in late 2015.

Simon Thorn and the Wolf’s Den, the first book in a middle grade series with Bloomsbury US/UK, will be released Fall 2015.










5 comments:

  1. I want to read these series because sounds good. I can't wait to marathon them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stories with tough girl having a tough challenge to shoulder. This is the type of book Iove to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely loved it! I was getting a little tired of dystopians at the time and this got me right back into them. Although the premise isn't exactly original, it took it's own unique spin which was so great, and gave it that extra thing it needed to stand out. I loved the characters too, even the bad ones. And some are really bad, but I like a good baddy. ;) So glad you enjoyed it, and ugh, I can't wait for Captive! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this author, and her writing always grabs you. I have actually had Pawn on my shelf for a long time, but I haven't read it yet. I am not even really sure why, other than other books getting in the way and letting this one slip my mind. I am very happy that you reviewed it. It was a good reminder that this is a book that I need to read. And it is nice to know that you enjoy it so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this as well. I was going to get captive on Kindle to continue the series but $9 was WAY too much. I liked it but not that much for a digital copy. So I am hoping to convince my library to buy the books to share and read!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)