Monday, September 1, 2014

Lark Rising by Sandra Waugh ARC Review
















Lark Rising  





Lark Rising (Guardians of Tarnec #1)
Lark Rising

(Guardians of Tarnec #1)
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy
Published: September 23rd, 2014


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17196290-lark-rising
Full of romance and nature magic, this debut fantasy is perfect for fans of Shannon Hale, Juliet Marillier, and Kristin Cashore.

Lark has foreseen two things—she will fall for a young man with sage green eyes, and he will kill her.

Sixteen-year-old Lark Carew is happiest close to home, tending her garden and gathering herbs for medicines. But when her Sight warns her that monsters called Troths will soon invade her village, Lark is summoned on a journey to seek help from the legendary Riders of Tarnec. Little does she suspect that one of the Riders, Gharain, is the very man who has haunted her visions. Or that the people of Tarnec have called her there for another reason: Lark is the Guardian of Life, the first of four Guardians who must awaken their powers to recover four stolen amulets. Together, the amulets—Life, Death, Dark, and Light—keep the world in Balance. To take back the Life amulet, Lark will have to discover her true inner strength and give in to a love that she swears will be her downfall.


















 


Lark has foreseen two things—she will fall for a young man with sage green eyes, and he will kill her.



man with sage green eyes that she will most definitely fall in love with, and that will ultimately kill her. She will have to put her feelings aside and work with him in order to save the people of Mertih, and the kingdom of. But with a fierce growing attraction, and the upcoming betrayal that is for sure to come, Lark realizes the grave sacrifice that her heart is sure to make. With no other option, Lark is determined to uphold her part in saving the kingdom. Even if she must sacrifice the love of her life, that is also her murderer...
replaced is a strong, loyal, fierce girl, determined to complete her mission and return peace and balance to her new-found world. Lark will have many test along the way, with the aid of many. But the ultimate battle is Lark's, and Lark's alone, and something she is not sure she is ready for. But with the weight of their world in her hands, she knows letting them down is not an option.

 


4.5 Stars






 
Sandra WaughSandra grew up in an old house full of crowded bookshelves, in walking distance of an old library that allowed her to drag home a sack of six books at a time. It goes without saying, then, that she fell in love with the old house in Litchfield County, CT, because of its many bookshelves, and she lives there now with her husband, two sons, and a dog who snores. Loudly.

LARK RISING is her first novel and the first in the GUARDIANS OF TARNEC series. FALLING RAIN follows in 2015.
 








10 comments:

  1. You make me very excited! I've seen a couple other reviews and they've all raved about this book so I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so soooo glad your excited for LARK RISING now. It is so worth the shot, as it kept me on my toes all most the whole book! :)

      Delete
  2. Seems so interesting! Wanna read it^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SOOOO interesting, and AMAZING!!! I hope you read it, Adriana! :)

      Delete
  3. Great review. I love the cover; this is one to add to the TBR pile. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY, for adding it to your TBR pile!! I really hope you give it a chance, I'm positive you'll enjoy it, Cali! :)

      Delete
  4. The cover is gorgeous and the synopsis is definitely intriguing. I am glad that you warned about the slow start, though. That can sometimes keep me from getting into a story, but knowing it gets better wwould keep me going long after I might have given up. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS, I LOVE the cover, and synopsis is just the icing on the cake!! I have the same issue with slow starting books. But I just knew this book was going to speed up quickly, and sure enough, it went into full force!! I hope you decide to read it, Jaime! :)

      Delete
  5. I love the cover and you wrote a great review, I am adding this book to my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! I'm so glad you'll be checking this one out! I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)