Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #69: Dreamer's Pool by Juliet Marillier


Waiting On Wednesday
 is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!


Hey Guys,
 

I hope everyone is having a great week so far?
This weeks WoW is from an author that I haven't read yet, but I want to sooo bad!! Anyways, check out this weeks WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!






Dreamer's Pool (Blackthorn and Grim, #1)
 Dreamer's Pool



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21519379-gypsy?ac=1 
In exchange for help escaping her long and wrongful imprisonment, embittered magical healer Blackthorn has vowed to set aside her bid for vengeance against the man who destroyed all that she once held dear. Followed by a former prison mate, a silent hulk of a man named Grim, she travels north to Dalriada. There she'll live on the fringe of a mysterious forest, duty bound for seven years to assist anyone who asks for her help.

Oran, crown prince of Dalriada, has waited anxiously for the arrival of his future bride, Lady Flidais. He knows her only from a portrait and sweetly poetic correspondence that have convinced him Flidais is his destined true love. But Oran discovers letters can lie. For although his intended exactly resembles her portrait, her brutality upon arrival proves she is nothing like the sensitive woman of the letters.

With the strategic marriage imminent, Oran sees no way out of his dilemma. Word has spread that Blackthorn possesses a remarkable gift for solving knotty problems, so the prince asks her for help. To save Oran from his treacherous nuptials, Blackthorn and Grim will need all their resources: courage, ingenuity, leaps of deduction, and more than a little magic.


Epic cover, epic synopsis! What more could you ask for?

Is it November yet??


What do you think of my WoW?

Will you be adding it to your TBR Reading Pile?





Juliet MarillierJuliet Marillier was born July 27, 1948 in Dunedin, New Zealand and grew up surrounded by Celtic music and stories. Her own Celtic-Gaelic roots inspired her to write her first series, the Sevenwaters Trilogy. Juliet was educated at the University of Otago, where she majored in music and languages, graduating BA and a B Mus (Hons). Her lifelong interest in history, folklore and mythology has had a major influence on her writing.

Juliet is the author of seventeen historical fantasy novels for adults and young adults, as well as a book of short fiction. Juliet's novels and short stories have won many awards.

Juliet lives in a 110 year old cottage in a riverside suburb of Perth, Western Australia. She shares her home with a small pack of waifs and strays - she is a foster carer for an animal rescue group. She has four adult children and six grandchildren. Juliet is a member of the druid order OBOD (the Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids.)




What about you? What are YOU waiting on?
 
Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!




14 comments:

  1. juliet marillier is awesome!! i haven't read her in years but i read the first 3 books in her sevenwaters trilogy and i can still remember how the books made me feel all the feels. i really need to pick up her newer stuff. happy reading and i hope you can stop by my WoW Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited to read something by Juliet Marillier! I've heard great things about this author! I'm especially excited for this book, DREAMER'S POOL, it sounds EPIC!!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Michelle! :)

      Delete
  2. OOh that looks intriguing! Totally new to me but I like the sound of it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just recently heard of this one too! I can't WAIT to check this one out!

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of this book, but wow I am loving the cover. =))

    My WOW Post!
    Mystifying Paranormal Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the cover was what first caught my attention too! I can't wait to read it!

      Thanks for stopping by, Mariya! :)

      Delete
  4. LOVE the cover, so gorgeous! And it just helps it sounds amazing too. ;)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's a win-win situation! Amazing cover, epic synopsis, you couldn't ask for more! Thanks for stopping by, Kirsty! :)

      Delete
  5. Love the cover very much. I think this will go on to my ever growing wish list.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, don't worry, your not the only one with a forever growing wish list!! Thanks for dropping by, Grace! :)

      Delete
  6. This one was my WoW choice a few months ago! I'm also excited to read it. I hope you enjoy it when you read it!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! Have a fabulous week :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, I really hope I enjoy it too! I'm sure I will because it sounds like my kinda book! Thanks for stopping by, Alyssa! :)

      Delete
  7. cant wait, love her books, all of them are magical and amazing, perfection :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read anything by this author, but I am so excited for this one! Thanks for checking out my WoW! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)