Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #68: The Gifted Dead by Jenna Black


Waiting On Wednesday
 is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!


Hey Guys,
 

I hope everyone is having a great week so far?
This weeks WoW is from an author that I haven't read yet, but I want to sooo bad!! Anyways, check out this weeks WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!





The Gifted Dead





The Gifted DeadThe Gifted Dead
Genres: Adult, Fantasy 
Published: September 23rd, 2014 

Politics and magic make dangerous bedfellows.

Deep within the Order, the seeds of corruption have taken root. While younger generations of the Gifted have embraced modern democratic values, a secret society of old-guard zealots seek a return to the past, when only European men of distinguished bloodlines held power.

Now, three venerable European families and a maverick American each plot to seize control of the Order and shape it to their will. A cutthroat game of political intrigue will decide the winner; and the stakes couldn't be higher, for ruling the Order carries with it the power to grant—or deny—an afterlife.

What begins as a battle of wills could turn into an all-out war. And magic could prove deadlier than any missile.
{AMAZON}




I've never read anything by Jenna Black, but I've heard all her books are awesome!! And this one sounds like no exception! I just recently heard of this novel the other day when I luckily came across it on goodreads, and I instantly knew I had to add it to my TBR Reading pile!!  

I mean there is seriously too many reasons to list of why I want to read this book, or I'm just too tired to list them all...lol. But read the synopsis and all the amazing highlights of this book, and I'm sure you'll be adding it to you TRB Reading pile just as quickly! ;)

What do you think of my WoW?

Will you be adding it to your TBR Reading Pile?




Jenna BlackJenna Black is your typical writer. Which means she's an "experience junkie." She got her BA in physical anthropology and French from Duke University.

Once upon a time, she dreamed she would be the next Jane Goodall, camping in the bush making fabulous discoveries about primate behavior. Then, during her senior year at Duke, she did some actual research in the field and made this shocking discovery: primates spend something like 80% of their time doing such exciting things as sleeping and eating.

Concluding that this discovery was her life's work in the field of primatology, she then moved on to such varied pastimes as grooming dogs and writing technical documentation. She writes paranormal romance for Tor and urban fantasy for Bantam Dell.




What about you? What are YOU waiting on?
 
Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!



28 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this author before. Wow, this book sounds fantastic! Great post :D

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of Jenna Black, but I've never read anything by her. But I heard all her books are amazing!

      Thanks for stopping by, Alex! :)

      Delete
  2. I loved her Faeriewalker series and want to check out more of her books. This one sounds good too!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I've been DYINGGG to read her Faeriewalker series!! And her dystopian series too!! Thanks for stopping by, Jennifer! :)

      Delete
  3. Haven't heard about this author, but the book sure sounds awesome/ Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does sounds awesome! I'm excited or it!

      Thanks for checking it out! :)

      Delete
  4. Nice! I want to read this one too simply because it's Jenna Black! Love her books!


    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Yes, YES, I've heard how awesome Jenna Black is, and I WANT IT...LOL!! :)

      Thanks for dropping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete
  5. This looks awesome! I haven't read anything by this author, either, but this book looks awesome!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Sigh* It does look awesome, and I WANT IT NOW!!! (Angrily stomps feet and throws things!) ;)

      Delete
  6. That's an interesting title. I like the blurb too. It seems like a great read. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm excited for it! And I've heard nothing by great things about Jenna Black's books!! And the blurb does sounds amazing!!

      Thanks for dropping by, Shane! :)

      Delete
  7. This one is new to me. I hadn't heard of it before. I do like the summary. I have read one of Jenna Black's books and really enjoyed it.

    Grace @ Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked one of Jenna's books!! I really need to read one!! Hopefully this one soon!

      Thanks for stopping by Grace!! :)

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I know, I loved the cover, AND the blurb!!

      Thanks for checking out my WoW, Nemo! :)

      Delete
  9. Another Jenna Black book... I haven't read ANY of her books either O_O I hope you enjoy this one when you read it, Alicia!!

    Have a fabulous day :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so exited to read one of Jenna Black's books. And hopefully, this one will be the first to set off a chain reaction and keep me wanting to read more and more of her books!

      Thanks for stopping by, Alyssa! :)

      Delete
  10. This escaped my notice until now, so thanks for featuring it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like this has been off of a lot of peoples radar today! I'm glad I can be the one to introduce it into the blogging world...

      Thanks, Sabrina, for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  11. Hah, I've never read anything by her either, but I've heard so many good things over the years. I hadn't heard of this one, but the synopsis sounds really good. I might have to follow suit and add it to my To-Read list. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do check it out and add it to your TBR pile, because I have a feeling it's going to be EPIC!!!

      Thanks for dropping by, Kerry! :)

      Delete
  12. Well wow, this is intriguing. I don't think I've anything of Jenna Black but, well, wow, this is intriguing.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you find it intriguing!! I'm interested too! And I've heard Jenna Black is just amazing, so, yep, I HAVE to check it out!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Ayanami! :)

      Delete
  13. Wow, I haven't heard of this before either, but it definitely sounds good. Thanks for sharing!

    -Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just recently heard of this one too, about a week or so ago. And I knew I HAD to read it!!

      Thanks for checking out my WoW, Shannon! :)

      Delete
  14. Haven't read any of hers either, but this will definitely be the first. ;) Though that cover reminds me of another and I was just about to say but don't know which when when yup, came into my head. The Frozen paperback cover and the UK one, that would've been annoying me all day if I didn't remember, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds really awesome! I'm always up for some awesome fantasy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)