Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #67: When My Heart Was Wicked by Tricia Stirling


Waiting On Wednesday
 is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!



Hey Guys,
 

I hope everyone is having a great week so far?
This weeks WoW is from one of my favorite authors, and I am sooo excited to read her upcoming book!! And plus, the cover is AMAZING!! Anyways, check out this weeks WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!







When My 

 Heart Was Wicked






When My Heart Was Wicked

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17798031-meridian?ac=1

"I used to be one of those girls. The kind who loved to deliver bad news. When I colored my hair, I imagined it seeping into my scalp, black dye pooling into my veins.

But that was the old Lacy. Now, when I cast spells, they are always for good."

16-year-old Lacy believes that magic and science can work side by side. She's a botanist who knows how to harness the healing power of plants. So when her father dies, Lacy tries to stay with her step-mother in Chico, where her magic is good and healing. She fears the darkness that her real mother, Cheyenne, brings out, stripping away everything that is light and kind.

Yet Cheyenne never stays away for long. Beautiful, bewitching, unstable Cheyenne who will stop at nothing, not even black magic, to keep control of her daughter's heart. She forces Lacy to accompany her to Sacramento, and before long, the "old" Lacy starts to resurface.

But when Lacy survives a traumatic encounter, she finds herself faced with a choice. Will she use her powers to exact revenge and spiral into the darkness forever? Or will she find the strength to embrace the light?





THIS RIGHT HERE SOLD ME ON THE BOOK

|
|
|
V


"I used to be one of those girls. The kind who loved to deliver bad news. When I colored my hair, I imagined it seeping into my scalp, black dye pooling into my veins.

WHAT??? Yes, I'm definitely intrigued!!! And that cover is just as amazing as the synopsis, or pretty dam close!!  

What do you think of my WoW?

Will you be adding it to your TBR Reading Pile?




 
Tricia StirlingTricia Stirling is a California native. She received her master’s degree in Creative Writing from Sacramento State University, and she has since taught writing to kids and teens. She lives with her husband and beautiful kids in Sacramento, where contrary to the opinion of some, magic does exist.

Tricia's debut young adult novel, WHEN MY HEART WAS WICKED, is forthcoming from Scholastic Press in 2015.
 

 {GOODREADS} {SCHOLASTIC WEBSITE}



What about you? What are YOU waiting on?
 
Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!





24 comments:

  1. This book and author is new to me, the cover is really pretty! definitely adding this to my tbr pile, it sounds great!

    Happy reading - Sharon – Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just recently heard of this one myself, and I instantly add it to my TBR reading pile!! And that cover is just the icing on the cake! :)

      Delete
  2. i have not heard of this book before it does sounds good! i like the cover. i hope you get your copy soon :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle!! I really hope I get a copy soon too...lol!! Here's to hoping! ;)

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing, I will definitely add it to my TBR list!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found it something you would read!! I'm crazy excited for it!! And that cover is just AMAZING!!

      Delete
  4. This sounds great and the cover is STUNNING! :D

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love the cover! That's the first thing that pulled me to this book!

      Delete
  5. OOoh that's new to me! Looks like an intriguing read! Cover is awesome too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the cover is pretty awesome!! I can't wait to check it out!

      Delete
  6. I only found out about it last week but damn, yes! I mean, the covers completely gorgeous and sounds amazing, so I'm in. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS!!! The cover is AMAZING!! And the synopsis is just as awesome! :)

      Delete
  7. This one is new to me. I must add it to my list immediately of course. I hope you love the book.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sooo glad I could introduce you to such an amazing looking books! Enjoy!

      Delete
  8. Alicia, I hadn't heard of this one before! I love the cover - it reminds me of Dark World bycara Lynn Schultz (something like that). I hope you enjoy it when you read it!! :)

    Have a fabulous Wednesday!

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been dying to read Dark World! I've heard great things about that book!! Now you have me wanting to read Dark World...lol! :) I'm glad you liked that WoW, Alyssa! :)

      Delete
  9. I haven't read many magic books but this looks really interesting!

    Our WoW @ Lazy Book Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't always too keen on magic books also. But once I got my fill of them, I couldn't get enough!! :)

      Delete
  10. This sounds amazing! thanks for introducing me to it :) Great pick and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It does sound amazing! I'm glad I could introduce you to something new!! That's always fun, right? :) I hope you enjoy it when you read it.

      Thanks for stopping by my WoW @ Addicted Readers! :)

      Delete
  11. That paragraph had me too! And going against your mom sounds really scary but interesting. Nice pick :)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! That paragraph had my eyes bulging out...lol! I can't wait for it!

      Delete
  12. Hadn't heard about this one but it look really good! I love the cover, it's gorgeous. Great pick! :)

    Nemo @ Blame it on the Book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nemo, I'm excited to read it! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)