Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #66: Frostfire by Amanda Hocking


Waiting On Wednesday
 is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!



Hey Guys,
 

I hope everyone is having a great week so far?
This weeks WoW is from one of my favorite authors, and I am sooo excited to read her upcoming book!! And plus, the cover is AMAZING!! Anyways, check out this weeks WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!






Frostfire






FrostfireFrostfire
Published: January 6th, 2015
Genres: YA, Paranormal, Fantasy 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15750874-the-glass-arrow?ac=1
Bryn Aven is an outcast among the Kanin, the most powerful of the troll tribes. Set apart by her heritage and her past, Brynn is a tracker who's determined to become a respected part of her world. She has just one goal: become a member of the elite King’s Guard to protect the royalty. She's not going to let anything stand in her way, not even a forbidden romance with her boss Ridley Dresden. But all her plans for the future are put on hold when Konstantin– a fallen hero who she once loved – appears to be up to something dangerous, kidnapping changelings. Bryn is sent in to help stop him, but will she lose her heart in the process?
I LOVE Amanda Hocking's books!! Every single one that I have read from her. Which is like 3 of 4. She is just so awesome, from her writing, to her imagination, to her world building and romance, and thrilling, heart-pounding action! So in other words, I am a die hard Amanda Hocking's fan!! And I am NOT ashamed to admit it! ;)

Her upcoming release FROSTFIRE is a spin-off of her Trylle Series, which sadly, I have not read yet. But I'm DYING to read them! But since reading STOLEN SONGBIRD about Trolls, and absolutely falling head over heels in love with that book, I knew I had to read more books on hot Troll guys. And Amanda Hocking's series and spin-off series is just the book I'm looking for!! And that cover is just AMAZINGGGGG!!!!



What do you think of my WoW?

Will you be adding it to your TBR Reading Pile?




Amanda HockingI live in Minnesota, and I write young adult paranormal romance and urban fantasy mostly. The My Blood Approves series is about vampires in Minneapolis, and its available now. I also wrote the Trylle Trilogy, which is a paranormal romance without vampires, shifters, mermaids, fae, angels, dragons, ghosts, or ninjas.

My latest book is Hollowland - a zombie urban fantasy set in the dystopian near future. It's a bit more violent and gritter than my other books, but there is still romance. Mostly though, Remy kicks a lot of butt.

I also enjoy Red Bull, Jim Henson, Batman, Jane Austen, Star Wars legos, and I absolutely hate long walks on the beach out of my intense fear/hatred of wet sand.

I'm also the guitarist in a band called the Fraggin Aardvarks, and even though its even twice as cool as it sounds, we haven't had a practice in like two years, so I'm not sure that technically we are still a band. But we never broke up, and it's an awesome thing to tell people, so I'm sticking with it. (We even had a synethesizer!)



What about you? What are YOU waiting on?
 
Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!



14 comments:

  1. Interesting synopsis! I like the cover also, thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW: BRAVING THE DARKNESS BY MELYNDA PRICE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I LOVE the cover!! I'm so excited for it!!

      Delete
  2. Love her books too! So excited to see more from the Trylle world. Also hoping for a Wendy and Loki cameo! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god, the cover is gorgeous! I have some doubts about the synopsis, though: this sounds like a book that's going to be either really good or spectacularly bad (I'll keep my finger crossed and hope it's good :) ). I haven't read anything by this author before, though the Trylle Trilogy intrigues me. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pick! I feel bad to say that I haven't read anything by Amanda, but she seems like a really sweet person and I like this new book. I'll read the Trylle series before coming to this one though.

    Happy Hump Day!

    Shane @ Itching for Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh nice! I still need to read some of her books on my TBR pile!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! This new series looks amazing! Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Chelsey@Charming Chelsey’s

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trolls! Okay, I don't know if it's my thing since I haven't actually read anything to do with trolls, so it'll be something different. I thought this was apart of her other series at first, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read any Amanda Hocking books but this looks like a great one to pick up!! Thanks for sharing :)

    Here's My WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! I want this one too...preferably now ^_^

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw the announcement for this one! I love the sound of this book. I haven't read any of Hocking's other numerous books, but I may just read this one! I hope you enjoy this one when you read it, Alicia! Have a fabulous week :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, I hadn't heard of this one before! I haven't read anything by Amanda Hocking, but I am definitely curious. The cover makes it look very interesting too. Thanks for sharing it :)
    -Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a pretty cover! I've inly read one Hocking book, and I liked it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm looking forward to this one too! The cover is super stunning and wintery! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)