Friday, August 8, 2014

Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas Book Trailer & Review








 Crown of Midnight




Published: August 27th, 2013
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17167166-crown-of-midnight?ac=1

"A line that should never be crossed is about to be breached.

It puts this entire castle in jeopardy—and the life of your friend."


From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul black as pitch. Assassin Celaena Sardothien won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.

Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her closest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiances—not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.

Then one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie...and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.












***SPOILER***
READ AT YOUR OWN RISK IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE FIRST BOOK IN THIS SERIES!!





I can't even begin to form the right words to express my feelings on this book. It had me going high, really, really high. Then BAM, I would drop down and keep goingggg. But it was awesome to experience all these feelings from one EPIC book!!!


The best way to describe my feelings is that CROWN OF MIDNIGHT was intense. I was on my toes, pacing as I was reading. I couldn't get it down fast enough to satiate my urge. It was like I knew something fantastic was coming, and every chapter was getting me closer to what I knew was going to blow me away, because I could feel it. And then it finally came, and WOW, I was in awe, and in amazement, and in such a great desire for the next book (Luckily I already have it ;) I thought it was way better then the first book, and it had just enough of everything I wanted. 

 THE PLOT...
 
Celaena is back, and she's more deadlier then ever! She's finally made it to the top and became the Kings Champion. But for Celaena, that was just the beginning, as the real test begins now, and she will have to decide where her heart really lies. Now is when she will have to swallow her pride and do as she's told, or die where she's standing. The time has come for her to do all the dirty work the king desires. Her task? To kill all who threaten the Kings empire. To kill innocents, to slaughter them like pigs all because they want to live a life without fear, without bowing down to a man they despise. And Celaena has only 2 choices, she can do as she's told, and finally be free after 4 years of doing the Kings evil bidding's. Or, she can defy the king and be killed on the spot!! But neither of them 2 options sound appealing to Celaena. But what if there was a 3rd choice? A gray area she could play with?? And then the wheels start turning and the fun starts for Celaena... 

 Celaena will have to do the unthinkable if she's going to follow the path she chooses. She will have to face some dark secrets she has kept hidden, and buried away for as long as she can remember. But as the truth surfaces and Celaena faces deadly secrets, she will have to make the ultimate choice if she's going to stay alive long enough to make a difference. Because if her secrets were revealed, she would become the hunted, not the hunter...

The CROWN OF MIDNIGHT was an amazing sequel to THRONE OF GLASS. I liked THRONE OF GLASS, but it was lacking the action and adventure I craved. But CROWN OF MIDNIGHT sedated every craving and some!! I can't wait to dive into HEIR OF FIRE soon, and see what happens next in Celaena's journey. Because it ended on one hell of a cliffhanger that had me screaming for more!!

Overall, CROWN OF MIDNIGHT was just the sequel I was hoping for. I swept up into it's fast-paced, action-packed, magical-filled, fantasy world that took me on the ride of my life!!! This series has become one of my new faves, and I'm excited to see where Maas takes us next!

 

4 Bone Hearts



Sarah J. MaasSarah J. Maas is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of the Throne of Glass series (Heir of Fire, Book 3, will be out in September 2014). Starting in Spring 2015, her New Adult Fantasy series, A Court of Thorns and Roses, will be published by Bloomsbury as well.

Sarah lives in Southern California, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too much coffee, and watches absolutely rubbish TV shows. When she's not busy writing, she can be found exploring the California coastline with her husband.






10 comments:

  1. I haven't come across anyone who doesn't love this series! It's just soooo good!! Love the review :)

    Eileen @ BookCatPin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen!! It is a great series! I haven't seen many that don't like it either! I'm reading the third book now, and it's slower then the first two, but still just as good!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read this series yet but it's definitely on my list as I heard so many good things about it (had to just skim the last part of your review so I wouldn't get too many spoilers)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I understand completely. I hate reading reviews and no where does it say that there will be a spoiler. And then what happens, sure enough, the book gets spoiled for me!!

      But I hope you do decide to read it soon, because it is a great series. Definitely one that is not to be missed that's for sure!

      Delete
  3. I read at my own risk! I haven't read the first one yet, but I have a legitimate reason. That book has gotten some of the highest ratings, ever. It makes me really nervous. I kind of wanted to see what the rest of the series did before I jumped. Now, I think it is time to jump, don't you?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS, YESSSSSS, READ IT!!!! I'm reading the third book now, well listening to it. It's HUGE, so I got a little intimidated with it's size. So I went the audio route. But I love the narration, so I'm happy with it.

      But yes, Jaime, it is a great series. It's not my absolute favorite, like a lot of other people, but I HIGHLY recommend it!

      READ IT, PLEASE!!! I want to hear what you think! :)

      Delete
    2. I have the first book sitting on my shelf! When I read it, you will be the first to know my thoughts!

      Delete
  4. I just bought the first book on ebook and I can't wait to start the series :) I've heard that they are phenomenal and I am ready to get started :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yayy your review is great! You should really start ClockworkAngel, just saying... recomend it:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally read this series after seeing so many great reviews, and while I'm not sure I like it as well as I liked the Hunger Game series, probably due to the style of writing, I am eagerly waiting for the next book to come out to continue the story!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)