Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #64: The Girl At Midnight by Melissa Grey



Waiting On Wednesday
 is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!


Hey Guys,
 

I hope everyone is having a great week so far?
This weeks WoW is from a book that I just recently heard about and instantly knew I had to check it out!! The cover alone makes me want to read it! Anyways, check out this amazing WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!






The Girl At Midnight






The Girl at Midnight (The Girl at Midnight, #1)
The Girl At Midnight
Published: April 28th, 2015
Genres: YA, Paranormal, Fantasy 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15750874-the-glass-arrow?ac=1
 For readers of Cassandra Clare's City of Bones and Leigh Bardugo's Shadow and Bone, The Girl at Midnight is the story of a modern girl caught in an ancient war.

Beneath the streets of New York City live the Avicen, an ancient race of people with feathers for hair and magic running through their veins. Age-old enchantments keep them hidden from humans. All but one. Echo is a runaway pickpocket who survives by selling stolen treasures on the black market, and the Avicen are the only family she's ever known.

Echo is clever and daring, and at times she can be brash, but above all else she's fiercely loyal. So when a centuries-old war crests on the borders of her home, she decides it's time to act.

Legend has it that there is a way to end the conflict once and for all: find the Firebird, a mythical entity believed to possess power the likes of which the world has never seen. It will be no easy task, but if life as a thief has taught Echo anything, it's how to hunt down what she wants . . . and how to take it.

But some jobs aren't as straightforward as they seem. And this one might just set the world on fire.

 
Why am I waiting on THE GIRL AT MIDNIGHT??? Well lets see. Epic cover, awesome author, amazing synopsis, and did I mention an EPIC cover??? 

Oh, AND THIS RIGHT HERE
|
|
|
v

"Beneath the streets of New York City live the Avicen, an ancient race of people with feathers for hair and magic running through their veins."

Yep, that totally sold me from the get-go. SO I am impatiently waiting for this one to release in April 2015!!



What do you think of my WoW?

Will you be adding it to your TBR Reading Pile?




Melissa GreyMelissa Grey penned her first short story at the age of twelve and hasn't stopped writing since. As an undergrad at Yale, she learned how ride a horse and shoot a bow and arrow at the same time, but hasn't had much use for that skill since graduating in 2008.

Her debut novel, THE GIRL AT MIDNIGHT, will be published by Delacorte/Random House in spring 2015.

To learn more about Melissa, visit melissa-grey.com and follow her on Twitter @meligrey.



What about you? What are YOU waiting on?
 
Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!




17 comments:

  1. I love the cover of The Girl at Midnight. And I'm very intrigued by the plot. Hope you get it soon and enjoy :)

    hope you can stop by my WoW Post.

    -michelle @ Michelle & Leslie's Book Picks

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds pretty interesting! I'll definitely keep this in mind.
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound interesting!! I really hope you decide to give it a chance! :)

      Delete
  3. Wait feathers for hair!! I need to see that. And they have magic. Well sign me in. Thank you so much for sharing this one :)

    Tanja @ Ja čitam, a ti?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's how I felt too!! It sounds totally original and epic!!

      Delete
  4. OOOh pretty cover!! Will definitely keep an eye on this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I LOVE the cover, and synopsis is just an added bonus... Though it should be the other way around...lol! :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Haha, that's awesome!! They say two great minds think alike!! ;)

      Delete
  6. This one sounds great! Thanks for introducing me to it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it sounds amazing!! I'm so excited for it! And you a VERY welcome, I hope you get to read it and enjoy it, Keeley! :)

      Delete
  7. This one is new to me. I hadn't heard of this one before, but it does sound amazing. Great pick.

    Grace @Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Grace!! I just recently heard of this one about a month or so ago, and I instantly fell in love with the cover and KNEW I had to read it! :)

      Delete
  8. Love the sound of this one and look at that cover :3

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it sounds amazing with an EPIC cover!! You couldn't ask for more from an unreleased book!!

      Delete
  9. I only found out about it last week, haha. Such a gorgeous cover though and sounds fun, though the cover reminds me of this other one (can't think of the name now, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES! This one sounds fantastic! And I love the pretty purple cover. I hope we both enjoy it!!

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)