Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #62: Dove Arising by Karen Bao



Waiting On Wednesday
 is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!



Hey Guys,
 

I hope everyone is having a great week so far?
This weeks WoW is from a book that I just recently heard about and instantly knew I had to check it out!! The cover alone makes me want to read it! Anyways, check out this amazing WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!






Dove Arising






Dove Arising

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15750874-the-glass-arrow?ac=1
Phaet Theta has lived her whole life in a colony on the Moon. She’s barely spoken since her father died in an accident nine years ago. She cultivates the plants in Greenhouse 22, lets her best friend talk for her, and stays off the government’s radar.

Then her mother is arrested.

The only way to save her younger siblings from the degrading Shelter is by enlisting in the Militia, the faceless army that polices the Lunar bases and protects them from attacks by desperate Earth-dwellers. Training is brutal, but it’s where Phaet forms an uneasy but meaningful alliance with the preternaturally accomplished Wes, a fellow outsider.

Rank high, save her siblings, free her mom:  that’s the plan. Until Phaet’s logically ordered world begins to crumble...







I love this cover!!! It's the first thing that caught my attention about the book. But now there's a new cover with a girl running on a planet, or the moon, or whatever she's on??? But this one is so much better! I love the girls face coming out of the sky, like it's molding right through space.

Then the synopsis sounds like it'll be an awesome adventure! So I will definitely be checking this one out when it releases, OH, NOOOO!!

What do you think of my WoW?

Will you be adding it to your TBR Reading Pile?





 
Karen BaoKaren Bao is a writer, musician, and aspiring scientist. She has a brother three years younger than her and a violin sixty years older than her. Born in California and raised in New Jersey, she currently studies environmental biology at college in New York City. Karen began writing Dove Arising at the age of seventeen.




What about you? What are YOU waiting on?
 

Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!




14 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Totally new to me read! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica!!! I can't wait for it to release so I can dive into it! :)

      Delete
  2. I've been seeing this one a few places of late. This one is going to be a huge book. Excellent pick.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it turns out to be as good as it sounds! I hope you like it, Grace! :)

      Delete
  3. This is a new one to me, and it does sound good. Great choice.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing.
    www.theyaclub.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think it sounds amazing! :) I'm very excited for it!

      Delete
  5. This book looks really good. I have put it on my goodreads I want to read bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look really good!! I hope you enjoy it if you decide to give it a shot!

      Delete
  6. This DOES sound good! I like this premise. Thanks for sharing it since I haven't heard of it before! Happy reading.
    Waiting on Weds @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I could introduce you to something new!! I just recently discovered it myself, and I knew I had to give it a shot! :)

      Delete
  7. Yeah, I hate the new cover, this one was so so much better. Seriously publishers, stop redesigning the awesome ones. Okay, I didn't know it was YA in the beginning because of that cover, but still, it's awesome and distinctive SO WHY THE NEW ONE? :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!! That drives me crazy too!! Publishers, PLEASE stick with one cover!!! Preferably, the amazing one!! You know, the one that's getting all the crazy fangirling...lol!!!

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)