Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #63: A Breath Of Frost by Alyxandra Harvey














A Breath Of Frost





A Breath of Frost (The Lovegrove Legacy, #1)A Breath Of Frost
Alyxandra Harvey
(The Lovegrove Legacy #1)
Published: January 7th, 2014
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16059442-a-breath-of-frost
In 1814, three cousins-Gretchen, Emma, and Penelope-discover their unknown family lineage of witchcraft. Beyond the familiar manicured gardens and ballrooms of Regency London, a dangerous, alluring new underworld visible only to those with power is now open to the cousins. But unbeknownst to them, by claiming their power, the three cousins have inadvertently opened the gates to the Underworld.

Now the dead, ghouls, hellhounds-and the most terrifying of all: the spirits of dark witches known as the Greymalkin Sisters-are hunting and killing young debutante witches for their powers.

And, somehow, Emma is connected to the murders...because she keeps finding the bodies.

Can the cousins unravel the clues and mystery behind their heritage and power before their gifts are stripped away ...or even worse, another witch is killed?
 





Their hunger was sharp as badgers' teeth. Cormac could see the power gathering under Tobias's skin as he tried to shield himself. He manged to fight back, searing Rosmerta with a blast of sun-bright magic. She screeched, her hair singeing.

It wasn't enough.




  
"Don't be stupid."

"Oh, look." Rosmerta glanced over her shoulder. "Another little lamb," she said. "Come for the slaughter."

"Leaver her alone!" He coughed, spitting out the blood from a split lip he didn't even remember getting.







Alyxandra Harvey











11 comments:

  1. OOh nice teasers! Haven't read this author but have heard good things!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this is my first book by this author, but it's pretty good so far!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is a fun read! It started out kinda slow, but it's picking up!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a good plot with interesting characters. I love the 1814 London setting.
    My Tuesday post features THE MOST UNSUITABLE WIFE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSS!!! I love that it's set in London in1814!! I love historical fiction. Then you throw in witches and demons and I'm in!!

      Delete
  4. Sounds interesting! I'll have to look that one up.

    Here's my teaser... http://www.owlcatmountain.com/2014/07/29/tuesday-teaser-july-29/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've been wanting to read this book for a while but I'm finally getting to it. It's pretty good!

      Delete
  5. Cool cover. ^_^ I love the tease.
    http://www.fundinmental.com/?p=12158

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love this cover! The second book cover is just as good!

      Delete
  6. I loved this once I got into it, can't wait for the second one! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)