Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Prodigy by Marie Lu Book Trailer & Review


















 Prodigy





Prodigy
Marie Lu
(Legend #2)
Published: January 29th, 2013
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13414446-prodigy
June and Day arrive in Vegas just as the unthinkable happens: the Elector Primo dies, and his son Anden takes his place. With the Republic edging closer to chaos, the two join a group of Patriot rebels eager to help Day rescue his brother and offer passage to the Colonies. They have only one request—June and Day must assassinate the new Elector.

It’s their chance to change the nation, to give voice to a people silenced for too long. 

But as June realizes this Elector is nothing like his father, she’s haunted by the choice ahead. What if Anden is a new beginning? What if revolution must be more than loss and vengeance, anger and blood—what if the Patriots are wrong?
{AMAZON} {BARNES & NOBLE}




Don't Miss Out On The Complete Series 
Out Now!!!

Life Before Legend (Legend, #0.5) Legend (Legend, #1) Prodigy (Legend, #2) Champion (Legend, #3)


 Check out my review of LIFE BEFORE LEGEND & LEGEND!!





And Marie Lu's epic up coming release of  
THE YOUNG ELITES 
Releasing October 7th, 2014

 The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)

Look out for my review of THE YOUNG ELITES coming soon!!!





 






Ooh, the FEELS!!! 
 


This book pulled more feelings out of me then I knew I had. It was intense and overwhelming!! I was breathless, and in awe with the direction that this book took. PRODIGY is a action-packed, emotion-filled, heart-pounding of a sequel, that I devoured! I really did not see that ending coming, I was left with my mouthing hanging wide open and tears threatening to fall. To say I was pleased and SHOCKED with PRODIGY, that would be an understatement, I was ELATED and totally satisfied with this book!!!

THE PLOT...


 The Republic is on the brink of collapse. The government is losing their stronghold on the people. The Republic has failed them, used an abused them, and the people are fed up, and are now ready to fight back... But then the unthinkable happens, and they're world is thrown into an uproar of chaos and mayhem that could very well change the world as they know it, either for the good, or the bad... 


 **JUNE SIDE** 

With the help from the Patriots, a rebel organization that revolts against the Republic, June has barely succeed in breaking Day out from his execution. But not without a price, a heavy price that will be paid one way or another. Now on the run and being two of the most wanted criminals in the Republic, June and Day have very little options. They can either join the Patriots on their mission to bring back the old United States, or they can run, and hide and try to make it to the colonies to seek refuge, if they make it that far. With little else, June and Day are reluctantly recruited into Patriots. June is now tasked with an elite roll in the mission, she will have to push aside all feelings of an old allegiance with the Republic if she has any chance of successfully completing her mission. 

But as the plot thickens, June realizes that their is lies, secrets and conspiracy's that must be uncovered before she can go though with anything. But as it all starts to unfold, she finds herself in deeper then she anticipated, and that their is more to this plot then she once thought, and that it's to be paid in blood, and in highly powerful blood at that!! 


**DAY SIDE**


Day injured and mourning his families death is tasked with his own special place in the mission, one that could very well change his life for either the good, or bad. But one thing is for certain, if he has any chance at saving his brother from the deadly clutches of the Republic, then the Patriots are his best chance to save his brother and get the hell out of the Republic once and for all. 

But with Day's fierce trust in June, and her reluctance to go through with the mission, Day is starting to second guess his part in all of it, and if he can even go through with it. But he knows they only have once shot to get this right, and missing it could mean serious consequences, and even death for him, June, and maybe even his little brother Eden...

Day and June are finally fighting on the same side, but as they come closer to the end, they realize that they both have different agendas about what needs to be done, and who can really be trusted. But one thing is for sure, this plot runs deeper then they once thought, and their may be more enemies lurking around them then they realized. And choosing the wrong side could not only doom them, but the rest of the people in the Republic.

Overall, PRODIGY was a bombshell of a second book, with twist and turns that made me what to scream, cry, and laugh my heart out. I loved June and Day together or apart, they are just awesome protagonists! And with that serious cliffhanger ending, I'm dying to sink my teeth into the next novel, CHAMPION and see how it all ends. Because it seems like with that ending it could go so many different directions, and I'm eager to see which path Marie Lu takes us on!!

LET MY FEELINGS ROARRRRR!!!!



 4.5 Bone Heart




Marie Lu was born in China in 1984 (perhaps a sign of dystopian stories to come), and moved from Beijing to Baton Rouge, Louisiana in the same year the Tiananmen Square massacre happened. Eventually she and her parents settled down in Sugar Land, Texas—which she still considers her hometown.

She finished her first novel when she was 15 years old, but it took her second manuscript to acquire a literary agent. When that one didn’t sell either, she went off to college in Los Angeles and wrote two more manuscripts. Although those still didn’t sell, one of them did get her the amazing literary agent Kristin Nelson, who sold her fifth manuscript, the dystopian young adult novel LEGEND, to Putnam Children’s/Penguin USA at auction in a major deal. LEGEND will be coming out on November 29, 2011 as Putnam Children’s and Penguin Young Readers Group’s lead title. LEGEND is Marie’s debut novel.

Marie graduated in 2006 from USC and currently resides in Los Angeles, where she spends her time stuck in traffic.





3 comments:

  1. I read Legend and I wasn't into it as all the hype. I thought the writing was really nice and it really was a well-written story but I just didn't get into it to the point that I couldn't put it down. I own prodigy and I have pre-ordered The Young Elites so.... who knows?! Maybe I will get to them soon and be able to feel all the feels witcha ;) Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't kidding about the feels in this book. From the beginning, I was feeling all sorts of emotions, and it didn't let up until a few days after I finished the book. Marie Lu is just that dang good. I love this series, though I still need to read the last book. I can't wait for The Young Elites, so I can see what else this word magician has in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the first book like a couple of years ago, and I really really liked it! I loved the story and the characters - especially Day. I think Marie Lu did an awesome job, it was super intense and fast paced, I think I finished it in a day. I've been dying to pick up the second book, but somehow I always forgot. I think I will really read this time - it sounds amazing from your review!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)