Thursday, July 3, 2014

One Past Midnight by Jessica Shirvington ARC Review









One Past Midnight





One Past Midnight
One Past Midnight

Publisher: Bloomsbury 
Published: July 22nd, 2014
Genres: YA, Paranormal, Fantasy 


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18594392-one-past-midnight
Above all else, though I try not to think about it, I know which life I prefer. And every night when I Cinderella myself from one life to the next a very small, but definite, piece of me dies. The hardest part is that nothing about my situation has ever changed. There is no loophole.

Until now, that is...


For as long as she can remember, Sabine has lived two lives. Every 24 hours she Shifts to her ′other′ life - a life where she is exactly the same, but absolutely everything else is different: different family, different friends, different social expectations. In one life she has a sister, in the other she does not. In one life she′s a straight-A student with the perfect boyfriend, in the other she′s considered a reckless delinquent. Nothing about her situation has ever changed, until the day when she discovers a glitch: the arm she breaks in one life is perfectly fine in the other.

With this new knowledge, Sabine begins a series of increasingly risky experiments which bring her dangerously close to the life she′s always wanted... But just what - and who - is she really risking?
There's only one word to describe ONE PAST MIDNIGHT!! And that's "Unputdownable"!!! I know we tend to hear that a lot in reviews, but I've racked my brain over and over to come up with the perfect word to describe the feeling I felt while reading this book, and this is the one word that best described my feelings while reading ONE PAST MIDNIGHT!! "UN-PUT-DOWN-A-BLE!!!!

I was hooked from the first paragraph. I was so intrigued by the plot that it immediately sucked me in. Between the writing and plot I was unwilling to put it down. I've never been a big fan of parallel worlds, but ONE PAST MIDNIGHT was phenomenal!!!



THE PLOT...

Sabine has been living 2 different lives for as long as she can remember. She's use to having her life one way, then 24 hours later, switching to her same self, but everything else in her life is different. One life she rebels and has a poor quality of life. The other, she is important and has a wealthy rich life, with everything she could possible want. She has grown use to it, but every life shift always takes a little piece of her with it. Until one day, it all changes, and Sabine finds a loop hole that she eagerly jumps through. But what is she really risking, and ultimately, what is the cost she will have to pay?

ONE PAST MIDNIGHT was an original, thick-plotted, spiraling world that I adored!! I felt for Sabine and the struggles she had to endure with every life switch. I know I personally could not be one person in one life, then switch to the same me, but with everything different, and still hold the memories and be able to keep my sanity!! Nope, I would of been locked away in a mental hospital never to be let out!! So I kinda admired Sabine for her keeping her sanity, and the strength she possessed!!

Overall, I enjoyed ONE PAST MIDNIGHT a lot more then I anticipated, and I am so glad I gave it a shot, because I would of definitely been missing out!!! If you want a fresh original, parallel world, with twist and turns, that are sure to please? Then ONE PAST MIDNIGHT is sure to be your next read!!!

NOTE: I received an ARC from Bloomsbury for reviewing purposes. All opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced in any way!
4 Bone Hearts





Jessica ShirvingtonJessica Shirvington is the author of THE VIOLET EDEN CHAPTERS also known as THE EMBRACE SERIES, stand alone novel, BETWEEN THE LIVES and has an exciting new duology called DISRUPTION on the way in 2014.

An entrepreneur, author, and mother living in Sydney, Australia, Jessica is also a 2011 & 2012 finalist for Cosmopolitan’s annual Fun, Fearless Female Award. She’s also one of the lucky few who met the love of her life at age seventeen: Matt Shirvington, a former Olympian and current sports broadcaster for Foxtel and Fox Sports. Married for twleve years with two beautiful daughters, Sienna and Winter, Jessica knows her early age romance and its longevity has definitely contributed to how she tackles relationships in her YA novels.






7 comments:

  1. Great giveaway! I like the cover, I will look out for this book.<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to give this book a try when it hits shelves, I love Jessica's writing!

    Amber @ The Book Bratz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of this one before, but your review has convinced me I definitely need to give this a go. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this book before but your review is really good! I might have to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love the Violet Eden series but I had no idea she had another book series coming out--DEFINITELY need to check this one out ASAP! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the great review! This is the first time I've heard of this book but it sounds really interesting. I've always found the concept of a parallel universe really intriguing so I'm looking forward to reading this book :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Man, I cannot wait for this book. Seriously, it is one of my mst anticipated reads of this year. I hate that it isn't in my hands already. I mean, seriously, it needs to be in my hands. Your review just made it worse. I love this author!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)