Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday #58: Lark Rising by Sandra Waugh



Waiting On Wednesday
 is a Weekly event hosted by Jill @ Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. If it sounds like something your interested in, then head over the Breaking The Spine and Sign-up!



Hey Guys,
 

I hope everyone is having a great week so far?
This weeks WoW is from a fantasy book that sounds amazing!! Really amazing! I can't wait for it! Anyways, check out this amazing WoW, and don't forget to link me up to yours and I'll come visit you!






Lark Rising






Lark Rising (Guardians of Tarnec #1)
Lark Rising

(Guardians of Tarnec #1)
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy
Published: September 23rd, 2014

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17196290-lark-rising
Full of romance and nature magic, this debut fantasy is perfect for fans of Shannon Hale, Juliet Marillier, and Kristin Cashore.

Lark has foreseen two things—she will fall for a young man with sage green eyes,and he will kill her.

Sixteen-year-old Lark Carew is happiest close to home, tending her garden and gathering herbs for medicines. But when her Sight warns her that monsters called Troths will soon invade her village, Lark is summoned on a journey to seek help from the legendary Riders of Tarnec. Little does she suspect that one of the Riders, Gharain, is the very man who has haunted her visions. Or that the people of Tarnec have called her there for another reason: Lark is the Guardian of Life, the first of four Guardians who must awaken their powers to recover four stolen amulets. Together, the amulets—Life, Death, Dark, and Light—keep the world in Balance. To take back the Life amulet, Lark will have to discover her true inner strength and give in to a love that she swears will be her downfall.
I have been on such a fantasy kick lately. It use  to be dystopian. EVERYTHING Dystopian. Now it's fantasy, EVERYTHING Fantasy!! And I'm LOVING IT!!! I never knew how much fun fantasy books could be. Escaping a reality to a world of the unknown and unexplainable. And LARK RISING sounds EPIC!!!

A seer who has foreseen two things—she will fall for a young man with sage green eyes, and he will kill her.

WHAT??? SOLD!!! That's all I need to hear to have me begging for this book!!

Need I say more?


What do you think of my WoW?

Will you be adding it to your TBR Reading Pile?





 

 

Sandra WaughSandra grew up in an old house full of crowded bookshelves, in walking distance of an old library that allowed her to drag home a sack of six books at a time. It goes without saying, then, that she fell in love with the old house in Litchfield County, CT, because of its many bookshelves, and she lives there now with her husband, two sons, and a dog who snores. Loudly.

LARK RISING is her first novel and the first in the GUARDIANS OF TARNEC series. FALLING RAIN follows in 2015.
  {WEBSITE} {GOODREADS} {TWITTER} {FACEBOOK}



W
hat about you? What are YOU waiting on?

Link me up so I can come see what your desperately waiting on!




8 comments:

  1. Seems like a great pick! I love Kristen Cashore so i'm sure this will be a great read for me. If you wanna stop by here's my WOW for the entire month :)
    http://perksofbeingreaders.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Kristen Cashore's Graceling book! AWESOME! So anything in comparison is a must read for me!

      Thanks for stopping by my WoW, Giselle! :)

      Delete
  2. OOOoh gorgeous cover indeed! Totally new to me!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, haven't heard of this one! Sounds amazing though, and such a gorgeous cover. Loving the whole amulet thing, especially it keeping the balance (I love those type of reads when I'm in the mood for one.) Sounds pretty fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this one. Thanks for spotlighting it!
    www.theyaclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sound of this book. It sounds so enchanting. The cover is just breathtaking, too! Cannot wait to read it!

    Highly recommended Minnesota Divorce Lawyer Attorney,TCA

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)