Monday, June 23, 2014

Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo Trailer & Audiobook Review
























 Siege and Storm






Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
Siege and Storm





https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/14061955-siege-and-storm
Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land. She finds starting new is not easy while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. She can’t outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling’s game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her--or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.






~ Check Out The Complete Series ~

Shadow and Bone   Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)  Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) 


 The Witch of Duva (The Grisha, #0.5)  The Tailor (The Grisha, #1.5)  The Too-Clever Fox (The Grisha, #2.5)  Little Knife (The Grisha, #2.6)





SEE MY REVIEW OF SHADOW AND BONE HERE














SIEGE AND STORM was AMAZINGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! So utterly amazing!! I forgot how much I loved this world in SHADOW AND BONE, but I was pleasantly pleased to have SIEGE AND STORM remind me of just how much this series means to me!! I'm just mad that I waited so long to read it. But.... on the other hand, I'm happy I did wait because I was able to dive right into RUIN AND RISING, the last book in the trilogy (Which I'm reading now and loving it just as much as SIEGE AND STORM, if not more. Shhh... no hints ;)

SIEGE AND STORM has this darkness about it that no other book I've read ever had. And it was refreshing to have a book with such darkness, yet a light that's breaking through the barrier to bring balance into the story. It was amazing, to say the least!!


THE PLOT...


Alina Starkov is on the run from her last encounter with the vicious Darkliing. He's hunted Alina in the past, and she knows he's hunting her now. And he'll continue to hunt her until he captures her and possesses her Sun Gift Power she wields. He's evil and deadly and has nothing but darkness inside of him. He will unleash a tornado of dead bodies in his wake until he gets what he wants, and he wants Alina, all of her...



Alina just barely made it out alive in her last battle with The Darkling, and she's not ready to take that chance again. Her and her best friend and love of her life Mal, escaped the fold, but not without paying a high price in blood. Lots of lives were sacrificed for them to escape. Now Alina and Mal are just trying to lay low and make enough money to disappear together and leave their terrible past behind them, forever. But The Darkling is not ready to let her go, he's on her trail, and he'll find her, he always does, but this time he might just take all that she loves.


Alina and Mal will have to join forces with a powerful ally if their going to survive. They realize they can't run from The Darkling, they can't escape him, the only way to be rid of him and his evilness is to end him of his wretched life once and for all! As their plans make a 180 in a different direction, and more problems arise, they will have to be prepared not to run from The Darkling, but go to war with him, but this time, she may not make it out alive... 

 

SIEGE AND STORM was sooo much better then the first book SHADOW AND BONE! And the first book blew me away, but this book was EXPLOSIVE!!! We were introduced to new characters in this second book, and Sturmhond was one of them. And let me tell you, he was so dreamy and funny, and totally swoon worthy!! I just wish he was in the first book too, and we were able to get more of him!!! 
 


Overall SIEGE AND STORM was one of the best books I've read this year. And that's saying a lot because I've read some pretty awesome books this year!! But SIEGE AND STORM has come very close to the top!! If you like darkness, with a touch of light, good versus evil, and a deadly game of catch the mouse in the trap, then I'm sure you're going to love SIEGE AND STORM as much as I did!!!

NOTE: I received an ARC for reviewing purposes. All opinions expressed are my own and are not influenced in any way!! 


5 Bone Hearts




~~~ AUDIO  IMPRESSIONS ~~~


The audiobook of SIEGE AND STORM was the best audiobook I've ever heard. And I'm not talking about the story either. I mean the story was amazing by itself. But I'm talking about the acting, the performance of the narrator.

Lauren Fortgang the narrator, was such an awesome storyteller. She was able to be 10 different characters at one time, and sound so different with each one. Each character had a different way of talking, a different personality, and she was able to portray each character the way my mind would picture them acting or sounding like. And she was able to pull it off and make me believe it could be a different voice, but of course I knew it wasn't. But that's just how amazing Lauren Fortgang was in preforming this audiobook!! I will listen to anything this narrator voices, well as long as the story sounds good!! But some narrators just can't pull it off to get you into the story, no matter how well the story is written. But there no problem like that here in the audiobook of SIEGE AND STORM!!! 



~ AUDIOBOOK RATING ~
5 Bone Hearts




Leigh BardugoLeigh Bardugo is the author of the New York Times bestsellers Shadow and Bone and Siege and StormShe was born in Jerusalem, grew up in Los Angeles, and graduated from Yale University, and has worked in advertising, journalism, and most recently, makeup and special effects. These days, she’s lives and writes in Hollywood where she can occasionally be heard singing with her band.

1 comments:

  1. I have actually read about 60 pages of this one, but I ended up having to put it down because I had some review books to read. I never picked it back up, and I am not too sure why. This series is very much loved, by a whole lot of people. I don't know why it doesn't stand out to me as much as so many other people. I reckon that I am just a weirdo!!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)