Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #54: Midnight Thief By Livia Blackburne

Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?
Then do the following:

  • Grab your current read. Open to a random page 

Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page.

  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!

  • Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser! 


  Hey Guys, 
 I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend?
 
Mine was great but tiredness-some! We had a local carnival in town and my kids had me going there all week!!! YES, ALL WEEK!! They left me broke, tired, and wanting to write the governor to BAN CARNIVALS IN PASADENA MD...LOL! ;) Nah, just playing, but they did wear me out, but we had a blast all week! Anyways, check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. Be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you.


HAPPY READING! :-)



Here's My #54th Teaser Tuesday From Midnight Thief!








MIDNIGHT THIEF





Midnight Thief (Midnight Thief, #1)
Midnight Thief




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17566814-midnight-thief
Growing up on Forge’s streets has taught Kyra how to stretch a coin. And when that’s not enough, her uncanny ability to scale walls and bypass guards helps her take what she needs. 

But when the leader of the Assassins Guild offers Kyra a lucrative job, she hesitates. She knows how to get by on her own, and she’s not sure she wants to play by his rules. But he’s persistent—and darkly attractive—and Kyra can’t quite resist his pull.

Tristam of Brancel is a young Palace knight on a mission. After his best friend is brutally murdered by Demon Riders, a clan of vicious warriors who ride bloodthirsty wildcats, Tristam vows to take them down. But as his investigation deepens, he finds his efforts thwarted by a talented thief, one who sneaks past Palace defenses with uncanny ease.

When a fateful raid throws Kyra and Tristam together, the two enemies realize that their best chance at survival—and vengeance—might be to join forces. And as their loyalties are tested to the breaking point, they learn a startling secret about Kyra’s past that threatens to reshape both their lives.
 




Page 1: Chapter 1 
This job could kill her. 

Kyra peered off the ledge, squinting at the cobblestone four stories below. A false step in the darkness would be deadly, and even if she survived the fall, Red Shields would finish her off.



Page 103: Chapter 10
"You're too timid," he said.

"What do you mean?"

He jerked his head in the direction of the drunkard. "The way you react to fools like him. Like you're fading into the wall."

Had he taken her here just to insult her? "I in't rolling over and showing my belly. I know the type. It's less trouble to ignore them."

"That's the problem. You're avoiding trouble from them, but they should be the ones afraid of you."





I was a neuroscience graduate student at MIT, conducting research on the neural correlates of reading, where I took the analytical approach I used for my experiments and applied it towards the process of writing and publishing. After earning my doctorate, I've switched to full time writing. My debut YA fantasy novel MIDNIGHT THIEF will be coming out with Disney-Hyperion in 2014. The goal of this blog remains the same though: study pieces of writing, break it down into component pieces, and try to see what makes it work. 



So, Whatc'ha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of Midnight Thief

Look out for my review of Midnight Thief coming soon!

Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo.   



Thanks For Stopping By! :-)






2 comments:

  1. Great teasers! Debated about requesting this one myself! Hope you're enjoying it!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, you should definitely request it!! It was AMAZING!!!

      Thanks for stopping by, Jessica! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)