Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Teaser Tuesday #53: Hungry by H.A. Swain


Teaser Tuesday
is a weekly bookish meme hosted by MizB @ Should Be Reading, where you share one to two teasers from your current book. Sound like something your interested in?
Then do the following:

  • Grab your current read. Open to a random page 

Share 2 "Teaser" Sentences from somewhere on that page.

  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!

  • Share the author & Title too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your Teaser! 


 
Hey Guys, 
 I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day?

Mine was great! My kids spoiled me with home made goodies and my husband let me sleep in and woke me with breakfast in bed! They made my day so memorable! :) Anyways, check out this weeks TT and let me know what you think in the comment section. Be sure to link me up to your TT or weekly memo so I can come visit you.







HAPPY READING! :-)



Here's My #53rd Teaser Tuesday From HUNGRY!








Hungry 





  Hungry

Published: June 3rd, 2014
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Sci-f

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18525734-hungry?ac=1
In the future, food is no longer necessary—until Thalia begins to feel something unfamiliar and uncomfortable. She’s hungry.

In Thalia’s world, there is no need for food—everyone takes medication (or “inocs”) to ward off hunger. It should mean there is no more famine, no more obesity, no more food-related illnesses, and no more war. At least that's what her parents, who work for the company that developed the inocs, say. But when Thalia meets a boy who is part of an underground movement to bring food back, she realizes that most people live a life much different from hers. Worse, Thalia is starting to feel hunger, and so is he—the inocs aren’t working. Together they set out to find the only thing that will quell their hunger: real food.

H. A. Swain delivers an adventure that is both epic and fast-paced. Get ready to be Hungry.
   
Page 103
Part 1: INNER LOOP
I turn to Basil and whisper, "Is everybody here, you know ...?"

"Are they what?" he whispers back.

"Like us?" I ask. "You know, hungry."

"There are many kinds of hunger," he says slyly.





Page 276
Part 3: THE HINTERLANDS
A loud, fierce growl startles me awake. I flail in the kudzu, frantically trying to find the snarling beast that must be coming toward me. Images of angry giants and slithering snakes flash through my mind.




H. A. SwainHeather Swain lives in a crooked house in Brooklyn, New York with her husband, two children, a barkless dog, and two rescue cats. She is the author of novels for adults and young adults, craft books, and numerous short stories, personal essays, and non-fiction articles.

When she’s not writing about vampires and elves, she’s making toys and playing games at home with her kids. Her first craft book, Make These Toys made a splash in the summer 2010, with reviews and excerpts in national magazines such as Real Simple, Martha Stewart Living, and Better Homes and Gardens. The follow-up book, Play These Games hit shelves on May 1, 2012.
 



  So, Whatc'ha think of my Teaser Tuesday Of HUNGRY? Look out for my review of HUNGRY coming May 29th with the Blog Tour! 


Do you have a Teaser Tuesday? If so, link me up so I can come check out your TT or weekly memo.
 

 
Thanks For Stopping By! :-)




8 comments:

  1. Wonderful teaser! Sounds good to me!!

    Here is my teaser post!

    AND

    Here is my Intro post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it sounds good to you! It's just okay for me.

      Thanks for stopping by, Gautami! :)

      Delete
  2. Hmm, very interesting!

    My excerpt this week from a middle grader book “Benny and the Bank Robber”

    http://pdworkman.com/teaser-from-benny-and-the-bank-robber-teasertuesday/

    Sort of a Christian mystery/adventure for kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it does have an interesting premise, but I just can't get into a dystopian about food! I'm trying, but it's not working...lol!

      Thanks for stopping by, PD! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! What an interesting idea for a book! I've read lots of dystopians where the society goes without love, free thought, and trade their intelligence for appearance but never where they go without food. I will definitely be on the lookout for your review!

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday if you want to drop by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it definitely does have an intriguing premise. That's why I felt compelled to read it. Dystopians are my favorite genre, though Fantasy is quickly rising to the top of my faves list.

      But it's not holding my attention, and I just can't connect with the idea of a rebellion fighting for food. It's interesting, but not for me, at least as of now. Will see when I get to the end!

      Thanks for stopping by, Alex! :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's okay, it's not going to make my favorites list that's for sure!

      Thanks for stopping by, Kimberly! :)

      Delete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)