Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Stolen Songbird By Danielle L. Jensen Review

 








STOLEN SONGBIRD






Stolen Songbird (The Malediction Trilogy, #1) Stolen Songbird




https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17926775-stolen-songbird
For five centuries, a witch’s curse has bound the trolls to their city beneath the ruins of Forsaken Mountain. Time enough for their dark and nefarious magic to fade from human memory and into myth. But a prophesy has been spoken of a union with the power to set the trolls free, and when Cécile de Troyes is kidnapped and taken beneath the mountain, she learns there is far more to the myth of the trolls than she could have imagined.

Cécile has only one thing on her mind after she is brought to Trollus: escape. Only the trolls are clever, fast, and inhumanly strong. She will have to bide her time, wait for the perfect opportunity.

But something unexpected happens while she’s waiting – she begins to fall for the enigmatic troll prince to whom she has been bonded and married. She begins to make friends. And she begins to see that she may be the only hope for the half-bloods – part troll, part human creatures who are slaves to the full-blooded trolls. There is a rebellion brewing. And her prince, Tristan, the future king, is its secret leader.

As Cécile becomes involved in the intricate political games of Trollus, she becomes more than a farmer’s daughter. She becomes a princess, the hope of a people, and a witch with magic powerful enough to change Trollus forever.
I don't even know where to begin to express my feelings on STOLEN SONGBIRD! It was so high tensed, and had my emotions in an uproar. I was screaming at times, yelling NO, you can't do that you idiot! Then I was chanting, YEAH, go for it, do it!!! This book pulled emotions out of me that I didn't even know I had! And I say that in a totally good way!!!

I absolutely, positively, undoubtedly, LOVED STOLEN SONGBIRD in every way possible! This book is a perfect example of the reasons why I love books. I said in my goodreads progress while I was reading this book, that "STOLEN SONGBIRD makes me remember why I love fantasy so much." And it does! I got 3 Likes from 3 different people that read STOLEN SONGBIRD that agreed with that above statement wholeheartedly. It was just sooo sooooo amazinggg!!!

STOLEN SONGBIRD was everything I thought it wouldn't be. YEP, you read that right! I really did not NOT expect to really like this book. And I definitely did NOT expect to love it as much as I did! It felt like STOLEN SONGBIRD had magic within it's pages. Like the events that were unfolding where coming with full force, with a higher power then words. I felt connected to the book and the characters. I become aware of how much I felt for these characters after tears starting running down my face and still didn't stop at the end when I closed the book. The tears only got worse! So yeah, I think it's safe to say that STOLEN SONGBIRD has left it's mark within me. It has gotten through my defenses and landed it's way into my heart! And I am SO happy it did!

(Okay, I know I might sound like a nutball, but come on, we've all have that one (or Many) special books that just hits us full force with all its power. And that is what STOLEN SONGBIRD has done to me! ;)

THE PLOT...

For five long, torturous, centuries, magical Trolls have been bound to the ruins underneath Forsaken mountain. Cursed by a vendetta of a witch, for as long as she drawls breath, the Trolls will be bound by their magical restraints that she casted on that fateful day when she uttered the spell that changed the world for both humans and Trolls.

Trolls have looked long and far for the witch that cursed them. Sending humans out in exchange for the unlimited amounts of gold they own in search for the witch, and to find a way to break the curse the witch has doomed them all with. But every time the humans come back unsuccessful, and the Trolls have to continue to endure the punishment that their ancestor were given until their dying day!

Until... A prophecy is seen. "Bring forth and bound the Prince of Night and Daughter of Day and the curse will be broken."

And their is hope in Trollus again....

But at what cost?

Cécile becomes the Trolls only salvation. Their only hope they have to break the curse. They believe her to be the one to free them all from their magic restraints. One way or another... she will help!

Cécile is kidnapped and brought to Trollus and sold to the king in exchange for their gold. Cécile is strong, she's a fighter, and she's not going down without a fight. She will not roll over and do nothing. That is until the Troll prince Tristan comes into her life and changes everything she once thought about Trollus and their people. Then she meets other Trolls like the prince, and she starts to second guess who is really the good guys and who our the bad guys in Trollus. But not everyone in Trollus is capable of goodness and is willing to help others. Their is a rebellion within Trollus, some of the half-bloods (Half-Troll & Half-Human) want to be treated equal. They are tired of being used and abused by the full-bloods. War is on the horizon, and Cécile will have to decide where her loyalties lie, and just how far she is willing to go to help these Trolls, and if she even should!

With Cécile's heart and mind at battle, the Troll kings cruelty and abuse to the half-bloods, her ongoing love for the Prince, being kidnapped and held by force, her new friends in Trollus counting on her to set them, and a rebellion that she just might find herself in the middle of. She has much to consider...If she makes it out, ALIVE!

I just loved this book! And I was so MAD when I was done reading, because WOW, it ended on a serious cliff-hanger. It was TORTURE, still is. I NEED to know what's too come. And with this book just being released (at the time of this review) I will have to wait probably another whole year. A year of TORTURE!!!

STOLEN SONGBIRD is for any Fantasy, dystopian, paranormal, romance, action/adventure fan out there. With all these genres intertwined in one book, you would think wow, that's too many genres for one book. But nope, it's PERFECT! It had just enough of everything and was plotted just right! Danielle L. Jensen is a mastermind, and I will read anything this woman writes! Now Danielle, GIVE ME BOOK 2!!! ;)
5 EPIC Bone Hearts



(FYI- NOT ALL THE TROLLS IN THIS BOOK LOOK LIKE THE SCARY, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE TYPE LOOK) 


THEY LOOK LIKE THIS
|
|
|
|
v


{INSERTED SEXY TROLL GUY HERE}
|
|
|




Hey, if all the Trolls look like this, then BRING 'EM ON!!!


Danielle L. JensenDanielle was born and raised in Calgary, Canada. At the insistence of the left side of her brain, she graduated in 2003 from the University of Calgary with a bachelor’s degree in finance. But the right side of her brain has ever been mutinous; and in 2010, it sent her back to school to complete an entirely impractical English literature degree at Mount Royal University and to pursue publication. Much to her satisfaction, the right side shows no sign of relinquishing its domination.
 

What did you think of my review?
 Was it enough to make you want to read STOLEN SONGBIRD? Or was it just not your thing?

Let me know your thoughts, opinions, and overall anything you feel in the comment section!
 



5 comments:

  1. I love books that evoke so many emotions. It makes that book a great read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do too! It's amazing when you feel so much attachment to a book and it's characters. But it can be so heartbreaking when you have them heart wrenching scenes, but still amazing! :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Alicia! I can't begin to tell you how happy I am that you loved this one. I am so stinking excited about reading this book I can't stand it. Lucky for me it is sitting on my Kindle just waiting for me! Now all I have to do is READ it! And read it I plan to do! Hope you are having a great week, and Yay for the weekend!

    Check out the latest reviews and posts at...The Best Books Ever

    ReplyDelete
  3. just pick this review because it's the 1st book of the malediction trilogy...
    yessss, I feel that too, when I was reading the very lasy line, that the witch should to die or something I was confused. It's cliffhanger and I really need the next book!!!!
    i enjoy reading this review, the review sequence's so neat. great review~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book!:) great review!

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new people through comments, and I always try to comment back! Thanks for stopping by! :)